It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: The Portal Panic Lounge
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:10 am 
Mew

The Portal Panic Lounge is a luxury resort where contestants rest and hang out between rounds. Between rounds (or if your character is not participating in the current round), you can explore the lounge, talk with other characters there, decide who will participate in the next round, etc. You may even meet other teams or some various other interesting people...

There are hundreds of floors but here's the areas you need to know about (more may come later in the story).

The Earth Team's Area
The Earth Team has been assigned a large area on the 583 floor. There are plenty of fancy bedrooms, and a group dining room and kitchen. Room service is available 24/7 and there are plenty of TVs for watching popular alien TV shows like Portal Panic. Earth compatable plug sockets are also available if people have electronics devices they'd like to use or charge.

The Lounge
A high class lounge on the 997th - 999th floors with an incredible view and free drinks. A good place to hang out and socialize.

The Gym
The gym is huge, taking up floors 215-220, and includes every kind of exercise machine you've ever heard of (and plenty you haven't).

The Rec Area
A grassy sunny area on and around the 1st and 2nd floors. There's lots of pools and courts and courses for tons of different games and sports (some of which you may even be familiar with).

The Food Court
On the 60th-70th floors. Home to numerous restaurants of all types. Mostly free for all Portal Panic contestants.

The Shopping Center
We regret to inform you that the shopping Center is currently closed for maintence. It will reopen as soon as possible.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:46 pm 
Pokémon Master

Gary walked into the Team Earth Area and looked around. "Well, I guess this will be my home sweet home from now until the end of the season, so I might as well make the best of it. Oh! Kitchen!" He ran to said kitchen and started to get some ingredients out. "Now's my chance to make my new snickerdoodle recipe!" He put a cheifs hat on and went to work.

"Dobby never meant to kill, only to...maim. Or seriously injure."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:01 pm 
Pokémon Master

"How can you possibly be so excited about being kidnapped by aliens then having your every move watched by millions, like some animal on display?" A young boy who was obviously in a sour mood sat on a couch facing the kitchen watching Gary with a mixture of exasperation and annoyance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:21 pm 
Gym Leader

Ryan looked around the room while carrying his laptop

Let's see, according to this pamphlet, the Earth team area is on the... 583rd floor. Wow. he said to himself.

He walked to what looked like an elevator and pressed a button. An instant later, the door opened and showed a strange creature manning the elevator.

Umm... 583 please...

The elevator took off at an incredible speed, and was at the 583rd floor in less then two seconds.

He walked dizzely off the elevator and saw two other people in the area.

Oh, umm... Hello... My name is Ryan. Um... I'm gonna go plug my laptop in... he said shyly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:53 am 
Gym Leader

After having explored every inch of the area and messed with half the alien instruments she began leafing through the phamflets she had found in the room she had instantly claimed for herself. She eventually found the one of where they were and decided to explore the rest of the resort. She read quickly stopping at 'The Lounge' and re-read it as an evilish grin spread across her face as she descided she would attempt to find the fuzzy brown aliens, and that seemed to be a good place to start. She moved quickly through the kitched towards the elevator, pauseing a few seconds to say 'Hi' and introduce herself before dashing onto the elevator and headed to floor 997.
As she arrived she found herself in the midst of a large variety of aliens of different shapes sizes and colour, and she could have sworn that she saw some that looked very similar to the vulcans off star trek.
Of course at the time she was only interested in finding Snuggles again. Although it was on floor 998 that she spotted the small group, whome once they spotted her ran as fat as the could towards the elevator. But Kaida haveing the advantage in speed managed to make it in time to heard what floor they were going to and waited for the next elevator to pursue them to floor 1.

(( Colour change!!! the codes #FF80C0 btw.))

That spikes you when you pick it up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:38 am 
Mew

*Kaida stepped out of the elevator and into what looked like a tropical paradise. Soft grass blanketed the ground and there were also sorts of neat tropical looking trees and plants scattered about. Directly to her left was a very large swimming pool with lots of aliens both swimming and laying out in the sun. To the right was the start of what looked kinda sorta like a golf course. The elevator and lobby lay behind her and straight ahead was a large cabana type structure where lots of aliens were sitting around sipping drinks with little paper umbrellas. There appeared to be lots more things beyond her field of vision.*

*There was no sign of the fuzzy brown aliens but Kaida did see some of the blue aliens she'd meet on the island heading towards the large pool.*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:46 pm 
Gym Leader

After having gotten over her three second dissapointment Kaida started moving very quickly towards the blue aliens. It took a few seconds for her to recall Sanlon's name and hoped she would be there, she also for some reason wished she had her swimsuit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:56 pm 
Mew

*Sanlon was part of the group. Seeing Kaida heading her in direction she paused and waited for the her to catch up.*

*On the way, Kaida spotted a store near the pool selling all sorts of pool type items including floats, goggles, sunscreen, and swimsuits.*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:29 pm 
Pokémon Master

"Whatever." Troy glared at Ryan and continued sulking, but he couldn't stay angry forever in such a beautiful place. He figured if he was here, he may as well have a good time. He dug into his back pack and pulled out a badminton racket. "I'm going down to the rec area to see if any of these aliens have heard of badminton." Troy walked into the elevator and pressed 1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:59 pm 
Mew

*Troy arrived ont he first floor and saw pretty much the same type of stuff that Kaida saw. He also spotted her with some blue aliens near a large pool.*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:11 pm 
Pokémon Master

"Awww, he forgot to get one of my cookies. Oh well. Hey Ryan, do you want one?"

"Dobby never meant to kill, only to...maim. Or seriously injure."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:27 am 
Gym Leader

Kaida made a mental note of the stall and caught up with Sanlon. "Hi Sanlon" She greeted her. "Thanks for the help on the island." She continued.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:31 am 
Mew

"You're welcome, although truthfully we didn't do much to aid you. You did quite well for a team that has never even heard of the game before, even if there was some luck involved. Still, you're entering these games with quite a large disadvantage."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:01 am 
Pokémon Master

"No badminton here..." Troy tried pressing 2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:24 pm 
Gym Leader

Umm... no thank you... Ryan said. He figured he would check the fridge to get something else to eat and then go explore.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next