It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: RP Battles OOC Board
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:58 am 
Gym Leader

I dunno, I just thought that this forum could use an OOC thread, for like issuing challenges and whatnot.

I am the artist formerly known as Matrix Kirby.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:06 pm 
Pokémon Master

Anyone want to battle Link? His weapon of choice is daggers, and once in a while his emo Absol helps him out.

Meh. Snow days are getting boring.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:36 pm 
Gym Leader

You have this awesome character?
(s)He has bestest every final boss in his world and cannot find a challenge anywhere else?
Then Nightmare Licia is your opponent! If you don't die in 10 posts your ticket is refunded*!

*Not to be taken seriously, she can be beat...it's just nigh-impossible to do so for a very obscure reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:47 pm 
Pokémon Master

Don't expect my Link to be like video game Link.

He's very dumb, and he can't feel pain. And he can breath underwater! But his IQ is lower than his age, and he's 17.

Let the fight commence!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:41 am 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

Err, should not this be stickied?

Oh, and if anyone wants to beat the stuffing out of, err, I mean challenge me, I wouldn't object. Though I DO object to burning fingers.

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Stevenson's Latin Phrase of the Week:

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:51 pm 
Articuno

ROM comic Moen has issued a challange!

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Image Image Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:02 pm 
Gym Leader

Stevenson wrote:
Err, should not this be stickied?

Oh, and if anyone wants to beat the stuffing out of, err, I mean challenge me, I wouldn't object. Though I DO object to burning fingers.

What about middle fingers? </reference to one of your post against a certain Weapon)

And does Moen seek a challenge or a good laugh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:12 am 
Articuno

Moen seeks a proper battle, no holds bared, anything goes fight!

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:59 am 
Gym Leader

I'll pass then, I felt like sending Salkat to snuggle someone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:19 am 
Pokémon Master

Anyone want to do a pokemon battle? 6 pokemon, double or single is fine. Rules are that you can only have up to 4 moves and no items (held included). No legendaries either. And you have to post team before hand. (Don't really care for levels. Let's make them all level 100)

Mine:

Tropius: Aerial Ace, Sunny Day, Solar Beam, Hyper Beam
Chariazard: Flame Thrower, Slash, Sunny Day, Belly Drum
Swampert: Ice Beam, Surf, Earthquake, Take Down
Stantler: Thunderbolt, Earthquake, Shadow Ball, Confuse Ray
Donphan: Flail, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Hidden Power (Bug)
Altaria: Dragon Dance, Dragon Breath, Fly, Fire Blast

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:13 pm 
Mew

Josiah will take on Moen, just to make up for his loss at the beginning of ROM 2, but not until after he finishes with Kevin.

Hey Shauni, since you're pretty familiar with both ROM and BA can I get your opinion on something relating to Josiah and Kevin's battle? Shadowman thinks Kevin should be able to absorb ROM Shadow elemental attacks since he can absorb BA shadow attacks. I say that since BA shadow is based on the Dark element and ROM shadow is its own completely seperate element, ROM shadow and BA shadow must be fundementally different so Kevin shouldn't be able to absorb ROM shadow attacks.
It'd be nice to have another opinion on this before I make my next post. I'm willing to go with whatever Shauni says on this issue, assuming that Shadowman is willing to do the same.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:43 pm 
Articuno

I agree with both of you. The BA and ROM elements are fundamentally based on different principles, but they are both based on a similar idea. ROM elements and BA elements are set up differently, but as you are battling each other with both sets of elements, there needs to be some give and take with the effects. I would suggest a compromise if you both agree.

ROM element Darkness and ROM element shadow are two completely separate elements in ROM. My suggestion is to consider the BA shadow element as a mixture of them both. This would mean half the damage from the attack would be nullified by Kevin’s abilities, but the attack would still damage. This is just my interpretation of the BA and ROM element system. I suggest listing all the elements from each RP now before either of you make another move and agree what elements is relevant to each element system.

I hope that helps

ROM Moen looks forward to ur battle

Go to ROM the Comic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:12 pm 
Gym Leader

Mkay, I'll do my best to list the BA elements, note that any item type can potentially be of any element and there's no limit to the mixing of element in any one item. EXCEPTION: Nightmare and Universe cannot coexist. Also note that there are no innate resistances or weaknesses due to elements, but most monsters starting at level 3-4 gain resistances to their own types. I'll also list clarification for those elements I think need it.

Earth
Air
Fire
Water
Light: Most holy things, glyphs, healer magic, usually associated with good.
Darkness: Most unholy things, shadowmancy, runes, undeads, usually associated with evil.
Magic: A weird element that usually encompass spells and magic items, but isn't always present in them. It is however the element of choice for spellcasters.
Technology: Guns, chainsaw swords, stuff that work with steam/electricity etc... and technomancy (think lasers).
Electrical
Ice
Physical: I hit your face. Non-magical items that can be as good as magical ones.
Psychic: Any spell triggered by the mind rather than incantations and the like, some items that can channel those powers better.
Acid: Acidic and poisonous stuff usually.
Nightmare: Destroyers of worlds, are "nothing" in that they are like living black holes. Has infinite HP and need to be purified to be killed. Not much can resist this element, usually gods and the like.
Universe: Element of the gods, cannot be reduced or resisted by normal means. Pwn Nightmares.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:37 am 
Mew

Note: Monsters can have up to two elements, a primary and a secondary. They take on the weaknesses and resistences of both similiar to Pokémon.

Normal elements:
Fire (weak to Wind, resistant to Fire and Water)
Water (weak to Fire, resistant to Water and Ground)
Ground (weak to Water, resistant to Ground and Electric)
Electric (weak to Ground, resistant to Electric and Ice)
Ice (weak to Electric, resistant to Ice and Light)
Light (weak to Ice, resistant to Light and Dark) (Holy power, usually asoociated with good. Does not actually call on the power of the gods, despite the names of many of the moves.)
Dark (weak to Light, resistant to Dark and Metal) (dark energy, usually not associated with evil)
Metal (weak to Dark, resistant to Metal and Wind) (Metal energy, some metalic objects, molten metal, no relation to technology.)
Wind (weak to Metal, resistant to Wind and Fire)

Special Elements:
Rainbow (A combination of all the normal elements, has no weaknesses or resistences, nothing is resistant to it. Rainbow elemental creatures tend to have very high stats.)
Zombie (Undead, weak to Light and Fire, can regenerate, most likely won't show up in our battle.)
Shadow (A strange element. Shadow elemental creatures can do things like turn invisible and pass through solid objects. Resistant to Shadow, immune to Ground, Metal, Wind, Ice, Water, Physical, and a lot of status effects.)
Mutation (A glitch element, useses strange unique attacks, no weaknesses or resistences, ignores defense and resistences. Creatures cannot have mutation as a primary element it's always a secondary.)
Code (Extremely weak, manipulates the world around it, has strange and extremely powerful techniques. Probably won't show up in our battle.)

Other Stuff:
Physical (Just about anything not elemental including fists and most weapons. No strenghts or weaknesses. Humans are typically Physical, monsters never are.)
Psychic (Mental powers and abilities, telepathy, mind control, etc. Fairly rare in the ROM world. No strengths or Weaknesses. Humans and monsters occasionally have Psychic powers but none can be Psychic elemental.)
Magic (Spells of all types, can be elemental or unelemental. Unelemental has no weaknesses or resistences. Magic attacks, healing spells, dispells, sealling spells, purifying spells, etc. Fairly rare in the ROM world. Some items can be magical and some humans and monsters (particularily Light and Dark elemental ones) can use magic but no humans or monsters can be Magic element.)

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:14 am 
Gym Leader

In other news, Salkat and Sally are now available for fighting. Don't expect to be suprise attacked though...you will land the first hit, guaranteed.

I don't wanna tell too much about them but Salkat use mainly guns and mechs, Sally has >9000 fighting styles. Neither of them are extremely hard and would go down way easier than Kevin (he just won't stay dead >.>)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next