It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:53 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Well, a few of the major things that I hated but were standards set by Opal are...
-New starter for everyone
-Wild IPA listed in random posts rather than the first one
-Bizarre evolution/level system

Those things are definitely going to change.

Some of the things that I did that need to be fixed are...
-Completely unorganized data tracking (that giant wall of notepad text ;_;)
-General wall of text-ness when I've got all these sprites to be using
-Randomly introducing IPA without finishing their datasheet
-So much text
-so much text
-so much text

Those things are hopefully going to change.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:57 pm 
Mew

Dealing with those top three items on the list would certainly be a big improvement. And yeah, organizing all the data would certainly make things easier for you.

Speaking of data organization, while you could always do it in a Word or Excel file, if you want I could make a sub-section in IPA that only you, myself, and Saber can access and you could store all your IPA data in threads there.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:43 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Honestly, I planned to just put it out in the open. Maybe if I make a mistake, someone will catch it...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:20 am 
Random Trainer

I'm still up for it! This was an awesome idea and as long as free time permits for you guys I'd like to see it continue. :D

I don't mind the overhaul, but will we be losing our IP's? Just wanted to know. I'm okay if it comes down to it, but...could we keep our starters? I really like mine :sweat:. But we could reset their levels and everything.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:33 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Yeah, this means loosing your IPAs. There's... quite a few that I want to cut entirely because I think they're terrible, and it wouldn't be fair to delete a few people's teams entirely while everybody else just gets re-leveled. I intend to re-organize and re-number everything... and change the terrible freaking starter system! Most current starters will become non-starter, normal wild 3-evolution IPA. It really freaking sucked before... I pretty much couldn't create catchable wild 3-stages, because I needed to save those as precious starters... meaning they were exclusive to one person! Aaagh. No. Not happening anymore. Your starter was Pidgemander, correct? That one's going to stay a starter, so you'll probably get it back. Most others are getting demoted to wild, so you can just catch them.

Big re-organization, re-numbering, just... re-doing everything. That, unfortunately, means everyone's got to start over from the beginning for consistency's sake. So yeah.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:40 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Well, progress is being made, guys. We are, in fact, making progress. In addition, we have come very far in a progressive way.

By that I mean, I made sprites of cool stuff. Well... I was going to, but Colly was around, and she made a few requests, and... well...

It was 1 am, and... this is the result.

But I also made stuff like this, that I'm sure you'll all want to catch and add to your IPA team!

...Kinda...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:01 pm 
Mew

I'd say the Serperior looks more like it's being eaten than anything else. If it's a splice, you should probably get rid of Victrebell's eyes. But yeah, it's great to hear that progress is progressively being made.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:30 pm 
Random Trainer

Oh, okay. I'm alright resetting it all. It's like making a new save file :D

If you want to make it wild it's no prob with me. I just wanted to make sure Pidgeymander would still be available as an IPA.

And with the whole text and data and stuff, maybe we could each keep track of our own. Might make things a bit easier.

On another note...that dunsparce splice...it's going to be in my party. I'm catching it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:45 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Th-those were all jokes... Colly even said, "Shouldn't you get rid of the eyes?" And I was like, "Why would I do something silly like that?"

I like the idea that Derperior's not being eaten, it's more like Victreebell's tongue. Like, Victreebell would close its mouth and look like a normal Victreebell, but then it sticks out its tongue and Derperior's just like "Hi guys" popping out and stuff. ...So like I said, it was 1 am at the time...

And yes, yes it would be easier if everyone kept track of their own stuff. However, then if they forget to update, everything gets messed up and it's harder for me to tell them when stuff evolves or learns attacks or any of those other things that I'm supposed to know. So we'll be keeping track so things don't get all confusing and yucky. However, if you guys have some idea of what you've got and how strong your guys are, that makes it all the easier for us to keep track of.

Oh yeah, in other news, I've been working on an advertisement. Specifically, I fixed up an old one so it looks a little more modern. Remember this one?

I fixed it up a bit, and now it's like this!

Much better, right?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:16 am 
Pokémon Master

I'm all for reseting everything. It's like a whole new generation! A whole new world, if you will.

Wait a minute, don't you have the banners that we made for IPA Apprentice? That you have on your signature site no less? Why not use those?

"Dobby never meant to kill, only to...maim. Or seriously injure."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:19 am 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Everyone's a critic... I'm not allowed to make funny joke images anymore, am I?

T_T

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:48 pm 
Mew

I figured the sprites were jokes. The Georolla (or whatever you want to call it) has potential though.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:05 pm 
Random Trainer

Yeah, I had a feeling they were jokes, but I just love dunsparce :D Knew the advertisement was a joke too. Pretty funny :P

Hm. Maybe I'll make one too this time around. Looks like it'd be an interesting task.

And Gar, that song is absolutely amazing. I remember that opening, and that remix just made it a thousand times better :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:20 am 
Gym Leader

Kaida still want's in. Kaida has more time now so she will be returning to forumness. ^_^

As long as Skitpix is still around for me to cuddle(catch) I'm happy with a reset.

That spikes you when you pick it up

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:01 pm 
Pokémon Champion

As much as I would hate to loose afew of my IPA, a restart probably wouldn't be a bad thing. I'd probably be more active too since I know i've lost some of my IPA date (mainly due to the Time Warp)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97  Next