It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:51 pm 
Offline
Shiny Pidgeot King
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:25 pm
Posts: 18078
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Well! According to my copy of the paragraph, you gys never got the comma between 'big' and 'happy', both adjectives describing the same noun, 'family'... but I'm not gonna leave this thread open all weekend for you guys to find and correct one mistake. So we're finally done! After, what... three weeks? Sorry about that, guys...

Anyway. The final scores and the fully corrected paragraphs are up in the forst post. Saber Knight kicked all of your behinds and came in first, but last place is... a tie! Between Cheesey and The N00b. It's Saber's choice which of these two gets the boot, though I expect to see a lot of case-pleading on both sides...

But I swear, Cheesey, I'll use my Silver Trump powers to fire you myself if you say ANYTHING about being on the same team. I want to see comparing of your achievements in previous rounds. Maybe why you think you'd be a better Appreintice in the end, because we're starting to get close to that...

_________________
"Irregardless" and "Over exaggerated" are NEVER CORRECT EVER because they are redundant
Regardless means "without regard", and adding "ir" on the front actually makes it a double negative; exaggerate means "to overstate" so you're literally saying "over overstate."
Example: I can not exaggerate the importance of this fact enough, regardless of how often people ignore it.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:07 pm 
Offline
Pokémon Master

Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 3:01 pm
Posts: 5270
Location: Calgary
Saber, in all three of the first rounds, I beat Marley by points, even if not by much.

That's it. STOP STARING AT ME!

_________________
Image

My tunes :-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:27 am 
Offline
Pokémon Legend
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:50 am
Posts: 10292
Location: n.c.
EXACTLY!! Think about it like this: You want it as easy as possible, right Saber? So think about this: Cheesy did better than me in the first three rounds. What does this tell you? That he's more of a threat. Eliminate Cheesy, and you'll have a better chance of winning the ENTIRE thing, because, think about it. I'm lazy. We all know this. I'm also taking 5 HONORS classes this year, with hella homework in each, so I may not be able to post. Cheesy on the other hand, posts A LOT!! Seriously, go check his profile. He probably has one of the highest posts per day, higher than me at least. He has more of a chance to post, and therefore, a better chance of doing better than you. With me it's like "What? I have to THINK? Fudge it". So, do the right thing and eliminate the bigger threat (Cheesy) and let the lay guy get eliminated later because he can't/won't post (Me).

In short, get rid of the bigger threat now, and save the less threatening guy for later.

_________________
Weepitang - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Steel; Abilities: Clear Body, Chlorophyll; Attacks: Take Down, Vine Whip, Psychic, Wrap. Level 17

............ - Gender: Male; Type: Fighting, Flying; Abilities: Guts, Inner Focus; Attacks: Leech Life, Leer, Low Kick, Revenge. Level 15

Sudonette - Gender: Male; Type: Rock, Ghost; Abilities: Insomnia, Rock Head; Attacks: Knock Off, Copycat,Rock throw, Curse. level 5

Metarion(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Metal; Abilities: Shield Dust, Sturdy; Attacks: Metal Claw, Tackle, Mud-Slap, Headbutt. Level 8

Shieldyu(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Water, Ground; Abilities: Sturdy, Natural Cure; Attacks: Tackle, Protect, Rapid Spin, take down. Level 5

Lola - Gender: Female; Type: Psychic, Flying; Abilities: Inner Focus, Synchronize; Attacks: Teleport, Leech Life, Leer



Silver wrote:
I love you The n00b. You don't have to be jealous of actual n00bs. There's only room in my heart for you. I'm just... disappointed that you left me for so long. It was lonely... you promised you'd write to me, but you never did... the months passed by, and I still thought of you every day, but you never called. I never got any letters from you.

So eventually, I started to lose faith... I thought you had been killed in that terrible, terrible war. Or maybe that you had forgotten about me. It's been so long, you probably found another girl over there... I never stopped loving you, but I didn't think you cared about me anymore, so welcoming you back just would have been too painful for me... I'm sorry. I'm glad you've come back home *sniff*


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:56 am 
Offline
Pokémon Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 7:51 pm
Posts: 5485
Location: Lala land
Even though I'm not going to be eliminated, I say that you go for the weakest link. If you vote out the strongest, then whoever get's to the apprentice won't do a very good job.

_________________
Image

"Dobby never meant to kill, only to...maim. Or seriously injure."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:12 am 
Offline
Pokémon Legend
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:50 am
Posts: 10292
Location: n.c.
But, If I'm truly the weakest link, then I'll get voted out no matter what.

_________________
Weepitang - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Steel; Abilities: Clear Body, Chlorophyll; Attacks: Take Down, Vine Whip, Psychic, Wrap. Level 17

............ - Gender: Male; Type: Fighting, Flying; Abilities: Guts, Inner Focus; Attacks: Leech Life, Leer, Low Kick, Revenge. Level 15

Sudonette - Gender: Male; Type: Rock, Ghost; Abilities: Insomnia, Rock Head; Attacks: Knock Off, Copycat,Rock throw, Curse. level 5

Metarion(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Metal; Abilities: Shield Dust, Sturdy; Attacks: Metal Claw, Tackle, Mud-Slap, Headbutt. Level 8

Shieldyu(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Water, Ground; Abilities: Sturdy, Natural Cure; Attacks: Tackle, Protect, Rapid Spin, take down. Level 5

Lola - Gender: Female; Type: Psychic, Flying; Abilities: Inner Focus, Synchronize; Attacks: Teleport, Leech Life, Leer



Silver wrote:
I love you The n00b. You don't have to be jealous of actual n00bs. There's only room in my heart for you. I'm just... disappointed that you left me for so long. It was lonely... you promised you'd write to me, but you never did... the months passed by, and I still thought of you every day, but you never called. I never got any letters from you.

So eventually, I started to lose faith... I thought you had been killed in that terrible, terrible war. Or maybe that you had forgotten about me. It's been so long, you probably found another girl over there... I never stopped loving you, but I didn't think you cared about me anymore, so welcoming you back just would have been too painful for me... I'm sorry. I'm glad you've come back home *sniff*


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:07 am 
Offline
Pokémon Legend
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:33 pm
Posts: 10526
Location: Trying not to be found
Darn it, not again! I hate this whole "voting off" buisness....

Blastotoise wrote:
EXACTLY!! Think about it like this: You want it as easy as possible, right Saber? So think about this: Cheesy did better than me in the first three rounds. What does this tell you? That he's more of a threat. Eliminate Cheesy, and you'll have a better chance of winning the ENTIRE thing, because, think about it. I'm lazy. We all know this. I'm also taking 5 HONORS classes this year, with hella homework in each, so I may not be able to post. Cheesy on the other hand, posts A LOT!! Seriously, go check his profile. He probably has one of the highest posts per day, higher than me at least. He has more of a chance to post, and therefore, a better chance of doing better than you. With me it's like "What? I have to THINK? Fudge it". So, do the right thing and eliminate the bigger threat (Cheesy) and let the lay guy get eliminated later because he can't/won't post (Me).

In short, get rid of the bigger threat now, and save the less threatening guy for later.


Silver wrote:
I have the final say, just to make sure that it's based on merit and not, "This person will be a threat in later rounds so I want to get rid of them now" type of thing.


Just pointing that out....
If that's your only argument Marley, then you're probably going to be kicked.
Um....ah....am I allowed to pass?

_________________
May the Triforce be with you.
"To love another person is to see the face of God." ~ Victor Hugo
"Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:14 am 
Offline
Shiny Pidgeot King
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:25 pm
Posts: 18078
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Well Gee, Saber, you should have thought of that before you dominated this round... Eh, at this rate, they're both going to be eliminated any way, so it doesn't matter which one's fired right now. Flip a coin, roll a dice, vote The N00b out because he doesn't respect my authority... I'll give him a chance to come with another reason as to why he shouldn't be voted out, anyway, because the more time I have to prepare teh next round, the better. Didn't have much time to be thinking about Apprentice challenges in Stevensonland...

_________________
"Irregardless" and "Over exaggerated" are NEVER CORRECT EVER because they are redundant
Regardless means "without regard", and adding "ir" on the front actually makes it a double negative; exaggerate means "to overstate" so you're literally saying "over overstate."
Example: I can not exaggerate the importance of this fact enough, regardless of how often people ignore it.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:22 pm 
Offline
Pokémon Master

Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 3:01 pm
Posts: 5270
Location: Calgary
I stick with my argument. I did better than Marley, so I should continue.

Gardialvoir wrote:
Even though I'm not going to be eliminated, I say that you go for the weakest link. If you vote out the strongest, then whoever get's to the apprentice won't do a very good job.


Also, Stand Up Comedy will be fun!

_________________
Image

My tunes :-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:24 pm 
Offline
Pokémon Legend
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:50 am
Posts: 10292
Location: n.c.
Ok well think about this:

Who would YOU rather have running IPA eventually?
Think about it. Let's say you DON'T win, and Cheesy starts running IPA (Not right at the start mind you). Do you really want someone like him leading everything? I mean, I know I'm no Gandhi, but still, I'd think that I would do a better job than Cheesy. I mean, he always hides from new members...that's not a good trait...

And he obviously doesn't want it that much, because look at his reason "I did better than Marley." Pfft.I've given you TWO paragraphs. Com on

@Gar: OH NOES!!! I CAN'T PROOFREAD!! I'LL BE A HORRIBLE APPRENTICE!!

And Silver...I'm hurt that you would think that I didn't respect you...

Edit: OK guys...I'm not THAT lazy. I mean, I get up everyday to post here, no matter how tired I am, because I care. And posting...most of Cheesy's post are in Game time, he's been here longer, and I STILL have more posts than him!

_________________
Weepitang - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Steel; Abilities: Clear Body, Chlorophyll; Attacks: Take Down, Vine Whip, Psychic, Wrap. Level 17

............ - Gender: Male; Type: Fighting, Flying; Abilities: Guts, Inner Focus; Attacks: Leech Life, Leer, Low Kick, Revenge. Level 15

Sudonette - Gender: Male; Type: Rock, Ghost; Abilities: Insomnia, Rock Head; Attacks: Knock Off, Copycat,Rock throw, Curse. level 5

Metarion(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Metal; Abilities: Shield Dust, Sturdy; Attacks: Metal Claw, Tackle, Mud-Slap, Headbutt. Level 8

Shieldyu(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Water, Ground; Abilities: Sturdy, Natural Cure; Attacks: Tackle, Protect, Rapid Spin, take down. Level 5

Lola - Gender: Female; Type: Psychic, Flying; Abilities: Inner Focus, Synchronize; Attacks: Teleport, Leech Life, Leer



Silver wrote:
I love you The n00b. You don't have to be jealous of actual n00bs. There's only room in my heart for you. I'm just... disappointed that you left me for so long. It was lonely... you promised you'd write to me, but you never did... the months passed by, and I still thought of you every day, but you never called. I never got any letters from you.

So eventually, I started to lose faith... I thought you had been killed in that terrible, terrible war. Or maybe that you had forgotten about me. It's been so long, you probably found another girl over there... I never stopped loving you, but I didn't think you cared about me anymore, so welcoming you back just would have been too painful for me... I'm sorry. I'm glad you've come back home *sniff*


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:02 pm 
Offline
Pokémon Master

Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 3:01 pm
Posts: 5270
Location: Calgary
Blastotoise wrote:
Ok well think about this:

Who would YOU rather have running IPA eventually?
Think about it. Let's say you DON'T win, and Cheesy starts running IPA (Not right at the start mind you). Do you really want someone like him leading everything? I mean, I know I'm no Gandhi, but still, I'd think that I would do a better job than Cheesy. I mean, he always hides from new members...that's not a good trait... It's a joke, Marley. For the intro threads. Those are SUPPOSED to be random and crazy.

And he obviously doesn't want it that much, because look at his reason "I did better than Marley." Pfft.I've given you TWO paragraphs. Come on This is merit based. Not 'he's a threat' and 'he does stupid stuff in the intro threads'.

@Gar: OH NOES!!! I CAN'T PROOFREAD!! I'LL BE A HORRIBLE APPRENTICE!! And this is the same point, this is merit based. You argue that you don't need to be able to proofread to win, but you do have to do decently on the challenges, and as you've done worse than me up until this point, I think that you should be eliminated. It's as simple as that.

And Silver...I'm hurt that you would think that I didn't respect you...

Edit: OK guys...I'm not THAT lazy. I mean, I get up everyday to post here, no matter how tired I am, because I care. And posting...most of Cheesy's post are in Game time, he's been here longer, and I STILL have more posts than him! The same can be said for you with the Game Time.

_________________
Image

My tunes :-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:28 pm 
Offline
Pokémon Legend
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:50 am
Posts: 10292
Location: n.c.
But your ratio of total posts/game time posts is much higher than mine.

_________________
Weepitang - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Steel; Abilities: Clear Body, Chlorophyll; Attacks: Take Down, Vine Whip, Psychic, Wrap. Level 17

............ - Gender: Male; Type: Fighting, Flying; Abilities: Guts, Inner Focus; Attacks: Leech Life, Leer, Low Kick, Revenge. Level 15

Sudonette - Gender: Male; Type: Rock, Ghost; Abilities: Insomnia, Rock Head; Attacks: Knock Off, Copycat,Rock throw, Curse. level 5

Metarion(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Metal; Abilities: Shield Dust, Sturdy; Attacks: Metal Claw, Tackle, Mud-Slap, Headbutt. Level 8

Shieldyu(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Water, Ground; Abilities: Sturdy, Natural Cure; Attacks: Tackle, Protect, Rapid Spin, take down. Level 5

Lola - Gender: Female; Type: Psychic, Flying; Abilities: Inner Focus, Synchronize; Attacks: Teleport, Leech Life, Leer



Silver wrote:
I love you The n00b. You don't have to be jealous of actual n00bs. There's only room in my heart for you. I'm just... disappointed that you left me for so long. It was lonely... you promised you'd write to me, but you never did... the months passed by, and I still thought of you every day, but you never called. I never got any letters from you.

So eventually, I started to lose faith... I thought you had been killed in that terrible, terrible war. Or maybe that you had forgotten about me. It's been so long, you probably found another girl over there... I never stopped loving you, but I didn't think you cared about me anymore, so welcoming you back just would have been too painful for me... I'm sorry. I'm glad you've come back home *sniff*


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:00 pm 
Offline
Pokémon Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 7:51 pm
Posts: 5485
Location: Lala land
Oh good lord. You two sound like Kisori and I in real life!

Saber knight, can we please get this over with?

_________________
Image

"Dobby never meant to kill, only to...maim. Or seriously injure."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:10 pm 
Offline
Shiny Pidgeot King
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:25 pm
Posts: 18078
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
I really don't care how much you guys post in Game Time, or how much you post at all; the important thing for IPA is being able to get to the forums at least once every day, and mentioning ahead of time if there's a day when you can't.

_________________
"Irregardless" and "Over exaggerated" are NEVER CORRECT EVER because they are redundant
Regardless means "without regard", and adding "ir" on the front actually makes it a double negative; exaggerate means "to overstate" so you're literally saying "over overstate."
Example: I can not exaggerate the importance of this fact enough, regardless of how often people ignore it.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:04 am 
Offline
Pokémon Legend
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:50 am
Posts: 10292
Location: n.c.
I definitely get on everyday, and barely have to go anywhere. And when I do go places, I still post. Unlike cheesy, who is only on a couple days, and goes places a lot.

_________________
Weepitang - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Steel; Abilities: Clear Body, Chlorophyll; Attacks: Take Down, Vine Whip, Psychic, Wrap. Level 17

............ - Gender: Male; Type: Fighting, Flying; Abilities: Guts, Inner Focus; Attacks: Leech Life, Leer, Low Kick, Revenge. Level 15

Sudonette - Gender: Male; Type: Rock, Ghost; Abilities: Insomnia, Rock Head; Attacks: Knock Off, Copycat,Rock throw, Curse. level 5

Metarion(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Metal; Abilities: Shield Dust, Sturdy; Attacks: Metal Claw, Tackle, Mud-Slap, Headbutt. Level 8

Shieldyu(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Water, Ground; Abilities: Sturdy, Natural Cure; Attacks: Tackle, Protect, Rapid Spin, take down. Level 5

Lola - Gender: Female; Type: Psychic, Flying; Abilities: Inner Focus, Synchronize; Attacks: Teleport, Leech Life, Leer



Silver wrote:
I love you The n00b. You don't have to be jealous of actual n00bs. There's only room in my heart for you. I'm just... disappointed that you left me for so long. It was lonely... you promised you'd write to me, but you never did... the months passed by, and I still thought of you every day, but you never called. I never got any letters from you.

So eventually, I started to lose faith... I thought you had been killed in that terrible, terrible war. Or maybe that you had forgotten about me. It's been so long, you probably found another girl over there... I never stopped loving you, but I didn't think you cared about me anymore, so welcoming you back just would have been too painful for me... I'm sorry. I'm glad you've come back home *sniff*


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:56 am 
Offline
Pokémon Legend
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:33 pm
Posts: 10526
Location: Trying not to be found
Okay.....
So....bye bye Marley.

_________________
May the Triforce be with you.
"To love another person is to see the face of God." ~ Victor Hugo
"Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group