It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:59 pm 
Pokémon Master

Hey, Mr. Silver! Answer us?

My tunes :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:33 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

I have all the questions and answers recorded in a notepad document... and for number 15, my answer was, "Impress me." So there really is no right or wrong answer. I'll accept the wizard 'cause it's a reference to the actual comic that no one seems to talk about anymore...

And 50%'s what I got for number 13.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:20 pm 
Pokémon Master

So are we done? We've answered them all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:44 pm 
Pokémon Legend

Here's what we have.
Check all answers, people.
I see nothing wrong myself.

Alright, here's what we have so far.

1. What were the first five IPA released? Nidoquil, Tranchu, Hopskip, Whismorita, Clefbra (Gar)
2. What is the only IPA capable of divergent evolution and why can it do so? Naterl. It evolves into a Xatyss if it holds a deep sea feather. If it is holding a deep sea beak(?) it evolves into a Xatail (Gar)
3. How is the new system of the Golden Fields different from the old? The new IPA are updated in the 1st post, whereas originally they'd appear in a new post (Saber)
4. What is the only requirement of Starter IPA? Starter IPA must have three evolutionary stages (Doodle)
5. Which two items are always available in the store? IPA balls and Stardust Coins (Gar)
6. How are IPA's base stats determined? By taking the base stats of the two pokemon used to make the IPA and averaging it. (Gar)
7. How many Gym Leaders have been released? 8 Gym leaders. 4 from Hoenn and 4 from Johto (Saber)
8. What is the effect of the attack Rain Dance, and what effect does it have on other attacks? Rain Dance increases the base power of Water-type attacks by 50% and reduces the base power of Fire-type attacks by 50%. Also, the moves Synthesis, Morning Sun and Moonlight will recover only 1/4 of the user's maximum HP instead of 1/2. Finally, while Rain Dance is in effect, Thunder's accuracy will become 100%, and Solarbeam will do half of it's normal damage. (Doodle)
9. How long does it take for an IPA to gain 5 EXP through the Day Care? It takes 20 days to get 5 EXP in the Day Care. (Gar)
10. How is IPA information recorded in Silver's Super Hyper Super Special Awesome IPA Notepad Document of Truth?
----------
Trainer name
----------
Items
Badges
IC

Trainer's IPA
Species
Abilities
Holding
Wins (Gar)

11. What is the first rule of IPA? DO NOT complain about an IPA you get when it hatches from an egg. (Saber)
12. How much IC is awarded for defeating Roxanne or Falkner? 500 IC (Saber)
13. What is Slash's chance of Scoring a Critical Hit after Focus Energy has been used and a King's Rock is in effect? 50%
14. For what three reasons can people be removed from IPA? Breaking 3 rules, asking to be dropped out, being inactive. (Cheezy)
15. How DOES the Star Dust Coin magically create money after a battle? Easy. A wizard did it (Doodle)

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

Last edited by Saber Knight on Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:00 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

If you're confident in all your answers, then yes, you're done. This round ends tomorrow, so just wait until then to see if Team Pay Day comes up with an answer for question 2 or not...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:05 pm 
Pokémon Master

Silver wrote:
And 50%'s what I got for number 13.

By that, do you mean your putting that as our final answer, or that it's the right answer?

"Dobby never meant to kill, only to...maim. Or seriously injure."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:09 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Yeah, Gar, I posted in your team topic to tell you that I'm recording an answer you weren't sure of after you asked me to verify it and before the round has even ended.

What do you think?

Last edited by Silver on Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:12 pm 
Pokémon Master

I don't know! I get confused easily sometimes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:56 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

1. What were the first five IPA released?
Gardialvoir wrote:
Nidoquil, Tranchu, Hopskip, Whismorita, Clefbra

Correct!

2. What is the only IPA capable of divergent evolution and why can it do so?
Gardialvoir wrote:
Naterl. It evolves into a Xatyss if it holds a deep sea feather. If it is holding a deep sea beak(?) it evolves into a Xatail

Incorrect. The answer is Snormy, which can evolve into either Glalim or Frosmadam based on gender.

3. How is the new system of the Golden Fields different from the old?
Saber Knight wrote:
The new IPA are updated in the 1st post, whereas originally they'd appear in a new post

Correct!

4. What is the only requirement of Starter IPA?
Doodleshark wrote:
Starter IPA must have three evolutionary stages

Correct!

5. Which two items are always available in the store?
Gardialvoir wrote:
IPA balls and Stardust Coins

6. How are IPA's base stats determined?
Gardialvoir wrote:
By taking the base stats of the two pokemon used to make the IPA and averaging it.

Correct!

7. How many Gym Leaders have been released?
Saber Knight wrote:
8 Gym leaders. 4 from Hoenn and 4 from Johto

Correct!

8. What is the effect of the attack Rain Dance, and what effect does it have on other attacks?
Doodleshark wrote:
Rain Dance increases the base power of Water-type attacks by
50% and reduces the base power of Fire-type attacks by 50%. Also, the moves Synthesis, Morning Sun and Moonlight will recover only 1/4 of the user's maximum HP instead of 1/2. Finally, while Rain Dance is in effect, Thunder's accuracy will become 100%, and Solarbeam will do half of it's normal damage.

Correct!

9. How long does it take for an IPA to gain 5 EXP through the Day Care?
Gardialvoir wrote:
It takes 20 days to get 5 EXP in the Day Care.

Correct!

10. How is IPA information recorded in Silver's Super Hyper Super Special Awesome IPA Notepad Document of Truth?
Gardialvoir wrote:
----------
Trainer name
----------
Items
Badges
IC

Trainer's IPA
Species
Abilities
Holding
Wins

Correct!

11. What is the first rule of IPA?
Saber Knight wrote:
DO NOT complain about an IPA you get when it hatches from an egg.

Correct! ("Don't talk about IPA" was also acceptable)

12. How much IC is awarded for defeating Roxanne or Falkner?
Saber Knight wrote:
500 IC

13. What is Slash's chance of Scoring a Critical Hit after Focus Energy has been used and a King's Rock is in effect?
Cheezdude wrote:
50%

Correct!

14. For what three reasons can people be removed from IPA?
Cheezdude wrote:
Breaking 3 rules, asking to be dropped out, being inactive.

Correct!

15. How DOES the Star Dust Coin magically create money after a battle?
Doodleshark wrote:
Easy. A wizard did it

Correct! (Anything besides, "Heck, I don't know" was also acceptable)

Questions had varying values based on difficulty. That said, the results ended up like this...
Team Star Dust Coin: 110
Doodle - 30
Saber - 25
Cheesey - 25
Gar - 30

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:43 pm 
Pokémon Master

Wait, how could the second question be wrong? The Naturl neo caught was holding a deap sea feather, and by my logic, there must be a deep sea beak, therefore, a Xatail, or did you just give it a deep sea feather while you were thinking that you could do a branch evolution at the time?

Here are the combined scores.

Doodle-365
Saber-225
Cheesey-245
Gar-260

Now, I don't know who to vote out. Doodle got most of his points from the first round, but Saber Knight has the least amount of points. There's also cheesey, who's reasons on being voted out escape me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:00 am 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Don't question my answers. I'm in charge here and I know what I'm doing.

You even said it was by YOUR logic. There's the whole problem. The Deep Sea Feather was an explanation as to why it evolved into a half Gorbyss and not a half Huntail. It didn't have any impact on the evolution, I never said it had any impact on the evolution, and nothing has ever suggested that a 'Xatail' or 'Deep Sea Beak' exist.

You also fail to realize that hold items were new at the time and the only other one that existed was the Star Dust Coin. I couldn't really introduce a Hold Item feature to IPA with only one hold item, so I added that one for good measure.

Also, the combined scores won't do you any good. Each round had different high and low scores. Saber has the lowest total, but she also cremed the rest of you in the Away Game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:14 am 
Pokémon Master

I think Doodle should be out. He was great in the first round, but other than that, he didn't do much. Just a little here and there.

I've had an average showing each round. Not bad at all, but not great.

Gar has been a mixed bag. If it wasn't for his Mokemon skills, he would be gone.

Saber. I'm against her being out... because she saved us. We would be down to 2 team members if not for her. And that would be bad.

I haven't voted yet. I think I'll vote Doodle, but any of us three could be fired.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:31 pm 
Pokémon Legend

Dang. This is going to be tough.
Okay, I just found the placings for the previous rounds.
Here's how good the three of us did, in order of rounds.

Saber: 4th (in first round), 1st (in second), 2nd (you get it, right?), 1st, tie for 3rd/4th,
Gar: 3rd, tie for 2nd/3rd, 1st, 4th, tie for 1st/2nd
Doodle: 1st, 4th, 4th, 2nd, tie for 1st/2nd
Cheez: 2nd, tie for 2nd/3rd, 3rd, 3rd. tie for 3rd/4th

Cheezdude wrote:
Saber. I'm against her being out... because she saved us. We would be down to 2 team members if not for her. And that would be bad.

I agree whole-heartedly. :P

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:57 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

I actually did the exact same thing... and added them up to see who has overall fared the best. It comes out as a three-way tie between Gar, Cheesey, and Doodle, with Saber ahead by three points. However, Doodle technically placed behind Sims in two challenges, which would put him in last place. He did save you all in the very first round and fared quite well in the Away Game, too.

But I'm not trying to make this harder for you or anything. Just here to say that I will not allow Saber to be eliminated, even if your vote ends up that way~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:58 pm 
Pokémon Master

I agree. Saber Knight shouldn't be out.

As for my sucky performance in the second and third rounds, that was because A) I have absolutely no experience in Paint, Gimp, or any sort of drawing program; and B) My parents limited my time on the computer to roughly four hours each day. Plus, in the rounds I have been able to participate compotentally in, I have done reasonably well to fantastic.

As for me... I vote for Cheez. He hasn't done fantastically in anything, and he has, in fact, been doing steadily worse each round. So.. Cheez.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next