It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 412 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next
 Post subject: IPA Stadium
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:07 am 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Welcome to the IPA Stadium! You remember the Pokemon Stadium games for the N64? Of course you do, of course you do. Since the 'Stadium' thing was replaced with 'Colosseum' and the 'Battle Frontier' (both of which are lame compared to Stadium) we shall carry on its legacy in IPA. There is one major difference, though. IPA do gain experience points from battle here, but because of the limitations placed on level, they can't gain it during the tournament. All EXP accumulated throughout the tournament is gained at the very end. There are, of course, other prizes to make this worth while... each consecutive opponent beaten will win you a little IC, but the best prizes come at the end.

Also note that, unlike the gym threads, more than one person can battle here at a time... but if two people are in the same tournament at the same time, they may end up battling each other.

There are currently three tournaments that take place...

Baby Cup - This tournament is only open to IPA with less than five wins. IPA with zero wins are also excluded, on account of... it would be pretty cruel to use an IPA that had never fought before at all here. You enter with three IPA, and they will all be used in the five consecutive battles.

Team Cup - As the name suggests, this is a double battle tournament. Four IPA enter, and three are used in each of the four battles. Also, the total level of the four IPA can not exceed fourty. Again, IPA with zero wins are banned.

Free-For-All - Six one-on-one battles with no level limitations. From your party of six, you'll pick three for each match. And be careful - those last two opponents are tough...

So, issue a challenge to one of the three tournaments, and I'll show you your first opponent. And just wait till you see what the typical IPA trainer looks like... I hope you didn't think the IPA themselves were weird.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:57 am 
Mew

Hmm... I'll have to level some of my weak guys a bit before taking on the first two but for now, I'd like to challenge the Free-For-All tournament with: Tyraigron, Gardeveot, Azumatuff, Joltveon, Explanium, and Granslash.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:55 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Pokemon Stadium-style, choose the three IPA you'll be using now and your opponent will do the same. On that note, your first opponent will be...

Thief Hiroshi
Image Sandiyama (10) - Gender: Male; Type: Ground, Fighting; Abilities: Guts, Sand Veil; Attacks: Sand-Attack, Arm Thrust, Vital Throw, Swift
Image Skunectric (11) - Gender: Female; Type: Poison, Electric; Abilities: Aftermath, Static; Attacks: Poison Gas, Quick Attack, Smokescreen, Spark
Image Glisville (12) - Gender: Male; Type: Dark, Flying; Abilities: Hyper Cutter, Pressure; Attacks: Screech, Faint Attack, Icy Wind, Swords Dance
Image Fearyena (9) - Gender: Male; Type: Dark, Flying; Abilities: Intimidate, Keen Eye; Attacks: Sand-Attack, Bite, Roar, Pursuit
Image Golconaw (11) - Gender: Female; Type: Water, Poison; Abilities: Inner Focus, Torrent; Attacks: Water Gun, Bite, Scary Face, Wing Attack
Image Hauntiwhirl (12) - Gender: Male; Type: Ghost; Abilities: Levitate, Damp; Attacks: Double Slap, Shadow Punch, Hypnosis, Dream Eater

Thief Hiroshi wants to battle! Thief Hiroshi sent out Golconaw!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:43 am 
Mew

I choose Joltveon, Granslash, and Gardeveot.

Go Joltveon! Use Shock Wave! *Critical hit!*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:18 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Josiah wrote:
I choose Joltveon, Granslash, and Gardeveot.

Go Joltveon! Use Shock Wave! *Critical hit!*

It's super effective! Golconaw used Bite!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:25 am 
Mew

You've got this one in the bag Joltveon, use Shock Wave again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:04 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Josiah wrote:
You've got this one in the bag Joltveon, use Shock Wave again!

It's super effective! Golconaw fainted! Thief Hiroshi sent out Fearyena!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:24 am 
Mew

This guy is pratically giving you the win Joltveon. Nail it with Shock Wave!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:41 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Josiah wrote:
This guy is pratically giving you the win Joltveon. Nail it with Shock Wave!

It's super effective! Fearyena used Roar! Gardeveot was dragged out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:37 am 
Mew

Show him your Wing Attack Gardeveot!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:56 am 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Josiah wrote:
Show him your Wing Attack Gardeveot!

Fearyena fainted! Thief Hiroshi sent out Glisville!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:16 am 
Mew

Gardeveot, return! Go Joltveon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:21 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Josiah wrote:
Gardeveot, return! Go Joltveon!

Glisville used Screech!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:36 am 
Mew

You know the drill. Shock Wave!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:26 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Josiah wrote:
You know the drill. Shock Wave!

It's super effective! Glisville used Faint Attack!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 412 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next