It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 875 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:56 am 
Articuno

thanks guys! I didn't expect my little gag comic to get nice comments like these

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:22 am 
Articuno

These riots are getting ridiculous...

Just a heads up to my friends and watchers that are in other countries, I'm fine. The UK riots have only hit major inner city areas at the moment. I haven't seen so much as a burnt out car.

And it seems the British Weather has come to the rescue.

"A huge police operation and heavy rain in some areas appear to have prevented a fifth night of disorder."

I won't talk about the riots yet as even I don't really know what is happening, and I live here.

It seems to be "aggressive shopping " ( a term I hate that has been coin by some idiot and is now on the news) and (organised?) mindless violence at the moment on a VERY big scale, with attacks on Police and property damage. It's getting way out of hand. I don't have numbers, but the news channels are reporting deaths now, which is horrible...I've never seen anything like it in my life. These people are laughing as they are setting buildings on fire and are just blatantly breaking into shops and looting.

I'll give you an update when I know more.

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:49 pm 
Articuno

Rant Title: Riots in London and beyond

I’m worried about today’s comic and its content in relation to starting fires in shops being taken the wrong way, so let me put you at ease straight away.

The timing is really terrible. This comic is in no means a reference to the UK riots http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14452097 currently going on and is neither a comdemnation nor support of any action taken by anyone during these events. It just so happens that this point in the story has sadly fallen on a week where it could be considered a little controversial or close to the bone to UK residents.

I am horrified by the event of the last week which I shall discuss below, and would never make a reference to them in my comic for comedic value. The events in this comic are unrelated, and as you can tell, it is actually an accident in the ROM world story that will cause the shop to catch fire.

And now to the riots.

These riots are getting ridiculous...

Just a heads up to my friends and readers that are in other countries, I'm fine. The UK riots have only hit major inner city areas at the moment. I haven't seen so much as a burnt out car.

And it seems the British Weather has come to the rescue.

"A huge police operation and heavy rain in some areas appear to have prevented a fifth night of disorder."

The looting and vandalism seems to be under control now, at least the news didn’t report any more riots yesterday, just the aftermath of the last 5 days. I send my condolences to everyone affected by this terrible event.

I’d like to direct you to this website http://news.sky.com/home/article/16046145 if you want more information on were exactly the riots have been taking place, just in case you have friends here and are worried about them.

Regards
Shauni

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:40 pm 
Mew

Glad to hear you're doing ok. I was actually about to e-mail you and ask about that. Europe really seems to be prone to dangerous riots these days...

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:52 am 
Articuno

That's true, but most of them have been about overthrowing government, this was purely motivated by looting and mindless destruction. They haven been saying its due to social unfairness and unemployment, but the news reports had some of the people arrested. They were law students, full time employed call centre workers who left there jobs to loot, and people working in the Olympics as ambassadors. they have been aiming for sports shops and electrical stores....I don't see ANY justification for what they have been doing.

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:53 pm 
Articuno

Rant Title: Expletives are fun!

There is no word strong enough that I can put into a comic that would go uncensored here. I get the impression Sutra swears like a coal minor when something unexpected happens.

Silver’s face here is the classic depiction that anime does of “The Scream” http://anime.mikomi.org/wiki/Screaming% ... Characters by Edvard Munch http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edvard_Munch

I just like the face that he is pulling. Sutra is just “wide mouthing” http://graphics.glig.com/animated+gifs/ ... ime+scream it.

Amy just isn’t bothered…she’d give Miser http://www.pebbleversion.com/ROM/ROMArc ... ip139.html a run for her money on the greed side there…

Keep watching the skis!
Shauni

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:01 pm 
Articuno

Rant Title; Fly my pretty!

Just a quick reference to “The Wizard of Oz” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wizard ... (1939_film) in the last panel there!

Just a nod to Merlin http://www.dhscomix.com/ as well, as I’ve done a few comics for her while she’s travelling. They should be being used in the next few weeks or so, so keep an eye out for them!

If you want to help her out, why not make her a filler comic yourself?

Keep in touch
Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:40 pm 
Articuno

Rant Title: Won’t waffle on.

I love UK slang, but some people over seas might not get it, so here is the translation!

“won't be a mo” http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning-of/mo becomes “I will not be a moment”

That is all.

Haha, sorry, I just don’t have anything to write about really.

The fire truck and ambulance were based on a Google search for “Kansas Fire Engine” and “Kansas Ambulance”. If they are wrong I’m sorry in advance, but I did try!

I even tried to get the colour of the fire fighters uniform right!

Regards
Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:34 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

A box of cereal did this. I bet if Silver grabbed the Swellos, everything would have gone smoothly~.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:23 am 
Articuno

I think that Silver and Sutra alone are prone to fires starting around them, either due to comedic accident (Silver) or just because there mad (Sutra), put them together and science proves they are going to burn a building down.

Also, Pidge'o's are flammable, fact.

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:28 pm 
Articuno

Rant Title: Merlin Missing-ham!

Merlin http://www.dhscomix.com/ is currently travelling, so I’ve made her a few guest comics. http://www.dhscomix.com/comics/13/rcomic.php?p=01 Take a look! I’ve made 5 so it’s worth checking back a few times!

Comic related, APB http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-points_bulletin is an “All-points bulletin”. It typically contains information about a wanted suspect who is to be arrested by police on site.

As you can see from the report, Sutra’s wanted status http://www.pebbleversion.com/ROM/ROMArc ... ip391.html seems to have gone up a bit from “wanted in connection to” to outright “murder”…

Keep on trucking!

Regards
Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:10 am 
Articuno

Just a heads up, I'm doing a collage course this term, I don't know how much of my time this is going to take up, but I have lost one evening to work on ROM already due to the classes. I should be okay for updates, but I might have to change the day I update. I'll know after this week a bit better. :sweat:

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:54 am 
Articuno

Like I said, ROM the comic is going to have weird updates for a while, due to my collage course and home work. My one free evening this week has just been hijacked by my friends and having a social life, so I'm going to be working on ROM's artwork tomorrow in sted of tonight, and colouring it in on Saturday. The comic will update on Monday next week, and most likely Monday for the foreseeable future. maybe Wednesday if Josiah misses my e-mail!

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:17 am 
Articuno

sorry guys, i'm rubbish. Comic next friday hopefully

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:10 pm 
Articuno

Rant Title: ROM comics, move over, enter BSL!

I’m back at collage, part time, doing a British Sign Language http://www.britishsignlanguage.com/ Course. It takes up my Tuesday afternoon’s and a few extra hours during the week for homework, so I’m a little pushed to fit in doing ROM the comic as well as everything else that life throws at me! Updates should still be once a week, but the update day may change or the odd week skipped when things really get on top of me! That is why there was a missed update last week! Sorry!

Keep an eye out on this status thread viewtopic.php?f=25&t=535&start=810 on the forums index.php for up to date information on updates of the comic!

Regards
Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 875 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59  Next