It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 875 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 59  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:08 pm 
Egg

shauni wrote:
ROM comics seem to be taking me 6 hours per page to make...you can understand why I find it difficult to make one a week, and if something comes up on the two odd days a week I usually have free, it effects updates.

Man, I know whatcha mean. Comics always take waaay longer to draw than it seems they should, and even the slightest thing can throw ya completely off-schedule :V

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:08 pm 
Articuno

fridays ROM comic is not on the main page. It is however on the site here

http://www.pebbleversion.com/ROM/ROMArc ... ip398.html

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 9:39 pm 
Mew

Fixed

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:20 pm 
Articuno

ROM place holder.

not happy with the texts bubbles. will work on them tommorw.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:46 am 
Articuno

when I've looked on a different PC monitor the text actually looks fine...I'll take another look at it tonight but my tired eyes might have been being over picky last night,

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:32 pm 
Mew

I'd say it's readable, but not great.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:41 pm 
Articuno

Rant Title: Silver’s Rant

This comic has caused me a lot of problems viewtopic.php?f=25&t=535&start=780 due to the text heavy content. I had to re-do the text boxes three times before I got them even a little bit right, and they still don’t look perfect.

I didn’t want to do three or four comics with this stack of information which helps establish Silver doesn’t hate Swellow just because he doesn’t like the way it looks. It establishes an intricate knowable of the mechanics behind Pokémon on Silver’s part, and it was important for his character development as a gifted monster handler in later comics.

If you are finding the comic hard to read, the below is the full content, with a few useful links.

“This Pokémon is “Pidgeot”. It’s is the most awesome flying Pokémon in the franchise, bar none. It has a solid set of stats, making it both a good attacker and defensive Pokémon. It learns some good moves like “Hurricane” levelling up and its natural abilities are some of the best. “Keen Eye” http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Keen_Eye is an ability that prevents Pidgeot from getting lower accuracy. It also makes it less likely to encounter low-levelled wild Pokémon. “Tangled Feet” http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Tangled_Feet …not so good, but useful sometimes! Plus, it looks awesome! I mean, look at it! Its shiny form is even better; it is literally a golden Pokémon!

“Swellow” on the other hand is the WORST Pokémon ever made! Argue all you want about its speed being high and all that, but its rubbish at taking a hit and has a crappy move set…
8 moves from level up! Come on! “Guts” http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Guts is a decent enough ability I guess, raises the “Attack” stat by 50% while affected by “Burn”, “Paralysis”, “Sleep” or “Poison”, but the dam thing isn’t around long enough to make a difference, and what’s the point if it’s paralysed or asleep?!

As for the ability “Scrappy” http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Scrappy it’s picked up recently…don’t get me started! So it lets Ghost-type Pokémon be hit by “Normal” and Fighting-type moves…it only learns “Quick Attack”! Nothing else benefits from that ability! And esthetically…it’s just a rip off! Look at it; it has nothing going for it at all! No unique build, no fancy tail! It’s fail incarnate!”

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:34 pm 
Articuno

I’ve discovered facebook and it is consuming my free time….stay tuned for comic schedule updates

Had the paper in front of me to start drawing and somehow spent like 3 hours doing nothing on facebook…

Also, apparently Pebble Version has a facebook community!

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:33 pm 
Mew

No one really uses it, but yes it does.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:51 pm 
Egg

shauni wrote:
I’ve discovered facebook and it is consuming my free time….stay tuned for comic schedule updates

Had the paper in front of me to start drawing and somehow spent like 3 hours doing nothing on facebook…

Also, apparently Pebble Version has a facebook community!

haha... I'm too scared to post on facebook myself because my mum and all my aunts use it regularly... I do hear it's a ton of fun though, so really, fair call XP

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:32 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Ton of fun...? What, are they all playing farmville and actually enjoying it...? It's not fun so much as an incredible convenience. Because everyone uses it, if you need to deliver an important message to someone, facebook is the most reliable way to deliver it. Assuming that you don't have their phone number/don't have unlimited minutes/text messages, that is.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:29 am 
Mew

I'd say calling, texting, or e-mail is far better if you have an important message. Believe it or not, there are plenty of people who don't check their facebook very often. Personally, I think it's a bit of a waste of time but I use it occasionally to keep in touch with people who aren't good with replying to e-mails.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:45 am 
Shiny Pidgeot King

That's just the thing... most people I need to communicate with check their facebook more than their e-mail. Heck, I've even sunk to that level... I really only check my e-mail if I know there's an account validation code sitting there for some other site. In the world of business it might be different, but internet casuals use facebook more than anything else.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:55 am 
Articuno

With the way I work, I check my e-mails every day cos I have a forward set up to my blackberry and internet access at hand every day on my brakes, but like most places now Facebook is blocked. I have to check facebook at home, which is a pain because I have to get my laptop out and set it up on the cooling stand on my knee rest, where as I can pick up my blackberry and just read my e-mail.

I am aware however I can get Facebook on my Blackberry, but I've only joined to keep up to date with events my friends arrange using the "event" service. I hardly find time to play games I've bought, so I'll probably give the facebook games a miss for a while.

Although, I am interested in the "send me an e-mail when I get a message" option. That seems useful

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:42 pm 
Articuno

Rant Title: Sutra and Shadowman, one mind one dialogue box

Sutra’s little pro Swellow, anti Pidgeot speech came completely by surprise from Shadowman memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=184 via a PM I read a few days ago, I was all ready to spend ages researching some facts for Sutra’s rebuttal when they were neatly provided for me. Sutra’s speech is not word for word what he wrote, but it’s basically the same thing.

Speaking of speech, finally have the transparency of the speech bubbles right, so that you can actually read viewtopic.php?f=25&t=535&start=780 what I’ve written!

Also, Flame orb http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_flame ... on_diamond relevance http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/swellow and why Sutra was about to mention it before she was interrupted.

Go to ROM the Comic

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 875 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 59  Next