It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 10:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 337 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:28 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

I don't want to start until I have at least 2 exorcist and 2 Noah characters, so if you're thinking of joining please let me know which side you'd prefer to be on or if you don't have a preference. That way I can plan ahead and start as soon as we get enough people.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:50 pm 
Pokémon Legend

Hey, would anyone be up for a Hunger Games RP? Don't even need to have read the book... though, I probably shouldn't be offering to run anymore RPs, kind of already had my hands full.... still, might as well put the idea out there.

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:50 pm 
Gym Leader

I love the hunger games. I'm in

Edit: I will join as exorcist!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:58 pm 
Random Trainer

While I loved the first book of that trilogy, I think I wouldn't do so well in a RP based off of it. I've been RPing superhumans for far too long to nerf someone down to having realistic levels of expertise in something. So I'll have to be a "maybe."

Meh Siggy Site
And another one because they decreased the number of allotted pages on free sites

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:41 pm 
Pokémon Master

So, I've been thinking. What about a new Civilization RP? each member votes on what to produce, what units go where, ect. It will kind of be like a game, but with RP elements. Basicly, each city has a number of citizens in them. That citizen will be you. if you sign up, you will be on a waiting list to be a voting citizen of that city. The RP aspect comes in with your own story lines, relative to the actions and happening within the Empire and city.

"Dobby never meant to kill, only to...maim. Or seriously injure."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:54 pm 
Pokémon Legend

Yo, so, RP section is definitely way too dead. I know I've got a few RP's still running (well, kinda. They're half-alive, or something) but I feel like a new RP is needed so other people can get back to RP-ing, or something. That, and I noticed something was missing from my life, and I realized it was RP-ing.

So, I've got several ideas for role plays that I've had for some time. Let me know about any interest.

-A pokemon-based one, with a bit of a twist. Since this IS a pokemon-comic-based-forum-thing and all. Basically, between every pokemon and their trainer, there is a bond. Cases where the bond is stronger, the pokemon and trainer function better together, and the pokemon can become very strong. When the bond is weak, a pokemon can still become strong, but it will never have the power possessed by a pokemon with a stronger trainer-pokemon bond. Cheezy, I know, but there's more. It's said that trainers with strong bonds with their pokemon have felt they've had glimpses into the thoughts of their pokemons. Now, the stronger the pokemonm the stronger the bond, so it goes without saying that a legendary pokemon would have a strong bond. So strong in fact that their bonded trainer (partner, rather) is destined from birth--no capture required. It is destined that these trainers will eventually find their legendary partner, as they are effectively two halves of a whole, and their fates become entwined. With such a strong bond, it is rumored that these trainers can easily read the thoughts of their pokemon, and vice versa. The trainers are also rumored to have shown quirks of pokemon-esque power. However, not all of the legendaries get along, and the fate of the pokemon world might just be determiend by a few trainers bound to a power they could never have previously imagined...

tl; dr: You are a trainer partnered with a legendary pokemon. Your partnership is actually some kind of unseen bond that was created at birth.

-A Fire Emblem based one. Can either be set in Elibe (GBA Fire Emblem) or Tellius (Wii and Gamecube) since I don't really like Mavgel (other GBA one... FE: Sacred Stones) or Marth-world (I don't even know what that place is called...). I've got plot ideas for either, but I'll only start to flesh them out better if intrest is expressed.

-Another one straight out of my imagination (and a novel idea I'm working on, but haven't managed to write anything yet because I'm not sure how to start). Like my previous 3 RP's, I have a habit of creating my own worlds and my own ideas. This one has a modern setting, however--at least, mostly. You see, there are these people known as the "Hours." As far as they know, they've always exsisted. Whenever they die, they are reborn with memories of the past. And they're not just memories--they can flit back in time to being their previous self, and at any point in time they can hear thoughts of their past lives. However, there are rules as to what they can and cannot do when going back in time--if they use their knowledge of now back then, they might create a future where they never get that knowledge in the first place. Whenever they get glimpses of the future, it is never certain--there are always many different pathes the future can take. Now, mechanic-ish things aside (I can go into more detail if interest is expressed), suddenly the Hours' glimpses of the future have vanished. Beyond a certain point, all they can see is nothingness, which can only mean one thing: the end of the world, or, more precisely, the end of time.

tl; dr: People called "Hours" have memories of all their past lives and can even flit back to being them, but the end of time is coming so stuff needs to happen or else we're all screwed.

-A Legend of Zelda based one. I don't really have an idea for a plot, but I like LoZ, and I'd be willing to collaborate with someone else... just trying to get ideas out here.

-A Hunger Games one... probably not one based on the second two books, but one that just takes the concept of the Hunger Games in general. Again, I don't really have a plot yet, but I'd be willing to collaborate, and if more interest is expressed I'm sure I can use my brain more and think of something.

-A The World Ends With You roleplay... again, I've got no plot, but I remember the idea being tossed around a while ago, and I don't think it ever happened, and it should because TWEWY is a great game.

Derp. Well, those are some ideas, hopefully some stuff will happen.

Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:05 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

Wow Saber, great ideas! I think the pokemon one or the Hours one sounds great, I am intersted in any one of these ideas, but those two sound the most interesting.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:17 pm 
Pokémon Master

I'm with you on the Legend of Zelda and Hunger Games roleplay. While I don't have any more interest in Pokemon outside the Pebble Version Comic, I support your other roleplays.

Trophy Case:
Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:14 pm 
Gym Leader

Very good Ideas, I like the sound of the pokemon one (now you got me thinking about it I'd go with articuno or one of the mews. . . wait make the Victini, Definatly Victini for a mew. Or Reshiram. . .)
Also the Fire Emblem, Hours and Lengend of Zelda ones sound awesome

That spikes you when you pick it up

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:10 pm 
Mew

I'd be up for Pokémon or maybe the hours one. If we do another Pokémon RP though, I'd recommend against everyone going to collect gym badges, as having a whole bunch of people take turns fighting through gyms caused some of the old pokémon RPs to drag.

I also love TWEWY, but I don't think it'd work as a free form RP. It'd probably need to be a controlled RP, ala Portal Panic, which would be a lot of work.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:33 pm 
Pokémon Legend

There would almost definitely be no gym fighting in the Pokemon one (unless one person's character had a lifelong goal of beating a gym, or something, in which case they could go do that on their own).

Alright, I sense a good deal of interest in the Pokemon one, so right now I'm leaning toward that since I've already got a plot for it, and it seems like people would join it. Metal, even though you're not really interested in Pokemanz anymore, would you still join?

If everyone's okay with that, then I can get the Pokemon one started up soon, but if someone really wants one of the other ones, or something, talk to me, or something.

Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:28 pm 
Pokémon Master

I don't see why not. I mean, I'd much rather roleplay than play the games or watch the show. Please do create it!

Trophy Case:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:18 pm 
Combusken

Oh my gawd.
Finally decided to take a break from the responsibilities of life to come back to this forum and check what's going on.
Yes. Just yes. I've been tempted to take up RPing again for a long time now, but I just don't have enough time to keep up with those fast-paced ones that I've used to join. Another active RP on here is definitely something I would look forward to. Except for TWEWY, which I've never played before, I would probably join any of the RPs Saber has listed. I just need to hope that I can force myself to get into the habit of checking this forum again.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:06 pm 
Random Trainer

If my chronic writer's/artist's/creativity block and/or my new art school schedule doesn't completely screw me over, I'd be interested in the Pokemon and Hours roleplays. o3o Maybe the Zelda one; I haven't played much LoZ aside from Twilight Princess, but I really liked that one.

For the Pokemon one, I'd probably link my character with Lugia.

Meh Siggy Site
And another one because they decreased the number of allotted pages on free sites

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:30 pm 
Pokémon Master

Hmm... Well, here's my idea for RP Week. Does anybody on this site like Harry Potter? Despite my only decent knowledge of the franchise, I had an interesting adventure/fantasy roleplay idea in mind. Totally non-canon, this will take place a few years before Harry's first year at Hogwarts. The Dark Lord, Voldemort, has numerous goons crawling all over the United Kingdom. Professor Dumbledore has a special underground task force (still planning a name for this) at Hogwarts of wizards and witches to combat these goons and defend the muggle world. Some of these servants of Voldemort will include dark wizards, orcs, wyverns, dragons, and restless spirits. Harry Potter at this point, around age 7, is located somewhere around London. The secondary objective of this roleplay is to defend Harry, but none of the characters know that other objective except for Dumbledore. All the wizards will be expected to be experts in their witchcraft, broomstick riding, charms, herblore, Defence Against the Dark Arts, and everyone can choose what house they want to be in, including Slytherin. All in all, I'll sum it up this way: England is in danger, and a small force of wizards and witches from Hogwarts has to defeat the Dark Lord's forces.

Cheesy or awesome? :-P

Trophy Case:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 337 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next