It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:43 pm 
Articuno

I suggest we write a few more characters out if needed, that would end any sub plot with them.

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:00 pm 
Mew

I want to keep all the actual gamers in even if they're NPCs (so Jeff, Opal, and David need to stay), but I wouldn't mind having some of the other NPCs leave the group if no one really wants to control them (Ivy, Ibun, etc).

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:25 am 
Articuno

Ivy needs to stay but she is going to be gone soon anyway as part of my subplot.

Anyone else can go that I've written in.

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:01 am 
Blaziken Level 100

... *drags his furry tail back in*

Ye gods, that took forever... BUT! I managed to get the info we needed on the Aesper Weapons... and some tweaking of the canon as nothing was set in stone as to what the Virtues were and who got what Aspect card.

Aspect of Virtue SpellCard - Gamer -- Aesper Weapon (Aesper Spirit) [With Simeon? Y/N]
Valor - Josiah -- Holy Claymore (Aegis, the Living Paladin Armor) [Y]
Restraint - David -- Lunar Claws (Aarrul, the Blue Wolfman) [Y]
Peace - Jeff -- Yuki Revolver (Aerobreaker, the Dragon) [Y]
Diligence - Neo -- Gaean Warhammer (AdonisOdin, the Six-legged Centaur) [N]
Humility - Shauni -- Arclightning Staff (Arc, the Old Man of Thunder) [N]
Generosity - Opal -- Flame Cannon (Arson, the Ifrit of Fire) [N]
Kindess - Silver -- Windfall Crossbow (Amythyst, the Violet Tiger) [N]

And... Simeon collects the Aesper Spirits and stores their cards as etchings on his iron staff. He doesn't need the Aspects of Virtue Cards. Simeon collecting the Aespers is important because the Aesper Weapons will not function without their corresponding Aesper Spirit.

If you need me to put in descriptions for the Aesper Weapons, let me know.

-Simeon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:43 pm 
Mew

You've got some of the Virtue cards swapped around, but thanks for the weapon list. That's all I need to move the plot ahead a bit more, though it'd be nice if other people posted too... Anyway, if no one has posted, I'll try and make a big plot advancing post this weekend.

Here's the official list of virture cards and who gets/has which. If some of the match ups seem a little strange, it's because we basically divvied them up based on who wanted what card's power, instead of who matched eacg virtue best.

Correct Virtue Card List:
Restraint: Josiah
Valor: Silver (hasn't gotten yet)
Generosity: David
Diligence: Opal
Patience: Simeon
Kindness: Neo (hasn't gotten yet)
Humility: Shauni

Virtue Card Effects:
Restraint: To show self control when faced with opportunity: Reduces enemy monsters attack by half (dropped by lust)
Valor: Pursuit of Courage and Knowledge: Ups monsters strength by half (Envy)
Generosity: Pursuit of Will: Uses the health of the monster its used on to resort an allies health by half of remaining health of donor (Dropped by gluttony)
Diligence: Pursuit of Ethics: Ups the monsters speed by half (Dropped by Sloth)
Patience: Pursuit of Peace: Reduced enemy's accuracy by half (Dropped by wrath)
Kindness: Pursuit of Charity Restores health by half (Dropped by greed)
Humility: Pursuit of Modesty: Reduces speed of enemy by half (Dropped by Pride)

Not sure why Envy should drop Valor, now that I think about it. But it's too late to change that now since Envy and Greed and the only surviving sins at this point.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:03 pm 
Mew

I'll be jumping things ahead again tomorrow (unless someone makes a post that gives me a reason not to, which is fine BTW), so if you want to post anything else before that happens, better do it now.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:21 pm 
Mew

Gah, stuff came up. I'll make my post no later than Wednesday.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:07 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

The plan was to jump in while you were actually fighting Greed. There's much more potential for funny that way - if I bring them back now, it's just a standard sappy reunion.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:16 pm 
Mew

That's fine with me. Assuming nothing happens, I'll make another post tomorrow night.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:58 pm 
Mew

Well, I posted everywhere I wanted to today except here and, unfortunately, I don't really have any more time to mess around on the forums today. But there will be a big post coming soon which will get the whole assault on Greed's fortress underway and hopefully provide a good opportunity for Silver to rejoin. Sorry for the delay.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:28 pm 
Mew

While I really hate to say it, at this point I think that finishing ROM 4 as a RP is going to be impossible. Aside from the huge amount of time we've had between posts, we're just missing too many players. As it stands now, Opal and Simeon are gone, Neo is hardly ever on anymore, and Shauni rarely posts anything aside from new ROM comics. Which means that Silver and I would have to control all their characters in addition to our own, which would just be too complicated.

But that doesn't mean we have to leave it unfinished. I have a Word doc that contaings a whole lot of info on Simeon's, Shauni's, and my own plans for their characters and plot threads along with a list of everything the main characters need to do in order to complete the story. Neo's side plots seem to be pretty much finished as this point so that's not a problem and since Silver is still around, I can always ask him questions if needed. So where am I going with this? Well, I think the best (and at this point probably only) way to get ROM 4 done is for me to take over the entire thing and just write the rest out like a book (posting each bit in this thread as I go). I can't say for sure how much time I'll have to work on it, but it'll definately get done that way and I can pretty much guarentee at least one or two big posts a week. Perhaps when it's finished we can revive the ROM Quests idea, bring in some new forum members, and get an actual ROM RP running again. But for now, we need to finish this one way or another.

So, Silver (and any other ROM players who are reading this), what do you think?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:54 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Like I said... I do want to make a few final posts in this, but really... there's not much I can contribute at this point. I had no idea what anyone else was planning, I'm certainly not going to introduce any new elements this late in... I think that's the best plan for now, since no one else has been around lately.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:34 pm 
Mew

If you'd like, I could send you a copy of my ROM 4 plot document. It would give you a better idea of what's going on and could help you decide exactly what type of roll you want Silver and Opal to play. Unless you'd rather let me handle it and be surprised. Your call.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:14 am 
Blaziken Level 100

I'm alive! I'm alive! ... um... sort of...

Truth be told, I really haven't left, kids. I just happen to have a terminal case of lurker syndrome on top of symptoms of RWR (real world responsibilities.) Ick. That being said, I've been waiting for more action, I'd like to help where I can if you'll still have me. *bow* If anything, I'd like to be able to keep contact outside of the forums for the final push... Keep me *coughfromgoinginvisibleagaincough* accountable, aye?

-Simeon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:48 pm 
Mew

Hey Simeon, nice to hear from you! I'm not on MSM that much, be feel free to message me if you see me.

Since there don't seem to be any objections, I'll try and start working on the completion of ROM 4 this coming week. Expect a post from me sometime between the middle and end of the week, once I've had a chance to review my notes and the last few pages of posts. I'll be sure to ask you guys if I have any questions about your characters and/or plot points. Also, feel free to step in and correct me if I get something wrong.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next