It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:06 am 
Mew

Ok, good to know. Thanks.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:06 am 
Mew

Now that KOTF is over I have a little more time. Big story advancing post coming tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:49 am 
Mew

Hmm... Been going through all my notes, Simeon's notes, etc about the ROM plot. While Simeon's stuff complicates things abit, it also ties in nicely with a lot of what the rest of us have been planning (at least as far as I can tell) and wraps up pretty much all the loose ends so I'm going to be using it (or at least most of it) as I go along.
Anyway, what I'm getting to is that, while we've got a chance for a pretty epic final adventure and wrap up for ROM, wrapping everything up is a pretty tall order. In order to sort this all out, I'm going to use all the notes I've got as a base and make a basic outline of what's going to take place for the rest of the RP so I've got something to structure my posts off of. If anyone has any big plot events planned and wants them in my "master plan" please PM me the details.
Keep in mind though, if a lot of people start getting more active here I'm totally open to changing things around to match whatever people are posting at the time. But, if things stay at about the level of activity they have been, I'm gonna be pretty much running the show as far as the main plot goes.
So anyway, I'm going to be moving things along a bit now but not at too rapid a pace yet since I'm not sure when I'll get that whole master outline done (might not be able to finish it till I'm back in the US) and I want to avoid doing anything super major until I've got it all worked out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:37 am 
Mew

The ROM 4 to do list has been re added to the first post of this thread. Once again, events don't have to happen in the exact order listed there and some could take place at more or less the same time. In addition, I'm open to adding new things or chaning others around based on what everyone else wants.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:49 pm 
Mew

Ok guys, I hate leaving ROM 4 sitting around unfinished so I want to buckle down and do something about it, the sooner the better (though, for me, soon might have to wait till Spring break (early March) because my of my thesis lit review).

The way I see it, there's two ways we can do this.

1. Everyone who is still around (me, Silver, Shauni, Neo, and Simeon) gets serious and we RP through the remainder of the plot normally, with different people filling in for the missing characters (I've got David, Silver could do Opal, etc). We could more or less freeform it or I could post the loose timeline I created of the events that still need to happen in order to wrap up all the loose ends and finish the plot.

2. All attempts at actual RP revival cease and I simply write the remainder of the story when I have time and post the sections here. If I do, it'll likely be in more of a novel style than an RP style and the rest of you guys wouldn't have a ton of say in what happens with your characters. Though, it would require little to no work for anyone other than myself.

So, what do you think?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:06 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Geh... I don't want to give up on this. I really don't. I've been part of this RP since the beginning, after all...

But I really don't know what to do with it. Kinda stuck in a permanent state of writer's block. So I'll say this: I'm willing to help RP out the end, but I don't know how much help I'll really be.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:12 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

I've had a long period of rest, ay. I'll be happy to help get this finished. *holds up his new writer's block sledgehammer* I've been itchin' to put this into action for a while. *smiles*

-Simeon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:18 pm 
Mew

ROM 4 To Do List

NOTE: Stuff here is more or less in logical order. But the items in each arc can be jumbled up or happen more or less concurrently.

Current Arc – Powering Up
1. Defeat Greed. Reunite Silver and Opal with main group.
2. Gain remaining Aesper Weapons.
3. Deal with David’s back story and Jeff regaining powers.

Arc 2: Tension Rises, Wrapping up Subplots
4. Destroy the source of the monster killing pink clouds. Reintroduce original Mutation Monsters.
5. Children kidnapped. Mention rewritten history and reintroduce data purge program.
6. Deal with Shauni’s memory loss and split personality. (Involves Envy, last of the Sins.)
7. Deal with Simeon’s back story, disappearing kids, etc.
8. Zanther’s return, Neo’s last sub-plot.
9. Fight Vanderbilt’s generals.
10. Huge battle against Vanderbilt’s army. Reintroduce god monsters.

Arc 3: Showdown With the Final Bosses
11. Showdown with Vanderbilt.
12. Showdown with mystery boss (part of Simoen's story).
13. Showdown with Moen.

Ending
14. Special ending event (Josiah's plan).
15. Individual character endings (everyone writes what happens to their characters shortly after the end).
16. Epilogue (Josiah's plan).

Ok. That's my timeline. If anyone has any comments, suggestions, whatever, go ahead and give them. ROM generally did seem to go pretty well back when we just adlibbed everything (though, admittedly, that's the reason we've got so many sub-plots that need resolving).

I also have most of the important info about what Shauni and Neo's plans for their characters and most of the details on Simeon's backstory and coming events as well. And, of course, I know what I've got planned for what should be a really good and fitting ending to the story. So I can more or less ad-lib those if needed. I could share it all with everyone now, if you'd like. But I think it would be more fun is there's still some surprises left.

Finally, some items of more immediate concern....

Silver: If you're really stuck with what to do next, you're probably best off if you and Opal rejoin the main group ASAP. Then you can just kinda cruise along and react off of what the rest of us do (just think how your character(s) would act in whatever situation and go with it) until you get over your block.

Current events: Everyone except Silver and Opal (who are currently not doing much of anything after beating Sloth) is currently attacking a camp is the desert where Lust (recently destroyed) was holding large numbers of kidnapped children (the reason for the kidnappings ties into Simeon's plot, which we'll get to later). We're there to get David's esper weapon and rescue the kids.
If we want to speed things up a bit and hurry onto the next arc when thing start getting more intense, I recommend that we find multiple esper weapons at the camp and find the rest of them at our next stop (somewhere along the Eastern coast, most likely). David's backstory can be dealt with on the trip between the two areas, as can part of Jeff's sub-plot (with the rest happening when we get the remaining weapons). Green can also show up at the next area, allowing us to knock him out of the picture at the same time. Of course, we could take things slow and make it a much longer quest, though I personally think speeding things up (at least for the rest of the current arc) is a good idea.

Finally, as for who is controlling who, I was thinking something like...
Josiah: Josiah, Virgo, David
Silver: Silver, Opal
Simeon: Simeon, Mahri, Jeff, Ibun
Shauni: Shauni, Ivy
Neo: Neo, Tsukasa, Metalmorph

Since Shauni and Neo haven't commented yet, I can take control of their character if they don't return. Though, if someone else wants to grab one that's ok, I can go ahead and fill you in on their upcoming plot events. I could take Jeff as well, though I'd prefer Simeon's keeps him if he doesn't mind. Ivy and Ibun have done little of importance and, while I'm fine with someone controlling them if they want to, it also wouldn't hurt if they decide to stay behind to help guard the rescued kids, or something like that.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:13 am 
Articuno

I've been meaning to get back into this RP for a long time, and now I seem to have some free time as well. I'll control Shauni and Ivy, but I don't mind if Josiah wants to control them for the sake of pace.

I would alos sujest we don't introduce any more sub plots, as you say, we have enough already.

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:47 pm 
Mew

I might move the plot along in a general way, but I don't do anything major with anyone else's characters as long as the real owner is around to control them.

And yes, no matter what happens, let's not add any more big items to the to do list, it's long enough already.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:26 pm 
Pokémon Champion

Sorry for not responding abit sooner. I really need to go get myself that keyboard for my Wii so I can post here more often :)

But like everyone else i've been meaning to post but not sure how to go bout do it :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:39 pm 
Mew

Like I said to Silver, if you can't think of what to post, just go along with current events. I can drive the main plot along for as long as needed. Even if you can't think of something big and important to post, you know your characters so just think about how'd they'd react to whatever is going on at the time and make a post about it. It could be helping out in a fight, responding to something someone else said, or just having a conversation amonst themselves. It all works, and it all helps you get back into the story and characters too.

So, if no one has any issues with the timeline, I'll make a big post a bit later this week (most likely Thursday or Friday due to my current schedule) to start things off again and hopefully we can get moving at a decent pace again.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:31 am 
Mew

I seem to recall Simeon having posted a list of all the Aesper weapons at some point but it's not in my notes and I can't find it in the OOC or RP thread. I might be missing it but it could have also been lost in the time warp. So if Simeon, or someone else who knows what all the weapons are for some reason, could post a new list that'd be great.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:51 am 
Mew

Hmm... Silver just reminded me that Opal had attempted to write herself out of the rest of the plot when she stopped posting. But we kinda need her for stuff. Silver can bring her back if he wants, if not I've got a way to pull her back in around the time we meet Greed.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:09 am 
Blaziken Level 100

In regards to the Aesper Weapons, I'm going to have to dig a bit. I'm sure I have it in my personal database somewhere.

-Simeon

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next