It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:57 pm 
Pokémon Champion

I was thinking of doing this topic for the sole purpose of getting Neo's story of what he was doing before ROM 3. If everyone doens't mind it that is. It'll start out with Neo arriving in Orca and going from there til he meets up with the group in 3.

I'll do the first part of the story later if it's ok.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:41 am 
Articuno

Sounds ok with me, fleshing out a characters past is a good thing =P

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Image Image Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:27 pm 
Mew

I have no problems with it. Go right ahead.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:38 pm 
Pokémon Master

Good idea, I might have to steal the idea from you :rolleyes:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:43 pm 
Pokémon Champion

Neo was sitting at his computer surffing the net like he normally did on cold winter days. This day he was searching for weathr videos as usual.

"Hum, this looks intresting." said Neo as he went to viewed the video. "What the?" said Neo when the picture was all fuzzy and stuff. Then sparks came from his computer and ingulfed him. "Ahhhhh!!!!!"

Neo was sucked in and a portal like thing opened in the sky of Orca as a body was falling down to the ground. It landed softly. Elsewhere near by some activity was going on and noone noticed Neo.

Afew hours later...

"Ouch. My head." said Neo. Opening his eyes he saw a young women looking over him. Neo quickly backed up and sat up.

"Your funny." she said. "I thought you were dead."

"Why would you think that?"

"Well, you were laying on the ground, not moving, and since we just had a monster attack it was just an assumtion."

"Monster attack?"

"You got amesia or something?"

"Um, I don't think so. Where is this place. This doesn't look like my room."

"Well I guess I'll need to remind you. This place as you call it is the world of Orca. People live all around here. We also live with creatures called sprites or monsters, take your pick. Some people capture them in cards and use them for battleing and protecting themselfs from the more agressive monsters. My village is on the edge of a place where monster attacks are abit more common then normal."

Neo was looking around as she was saying all this. He then noticed something by his hands. They were blank cards. "So when you said cards do you mean these?"

"Why yes. But yours are blank so you must of just started to become a trainer."

"Trainer?"

"As I said before, people caputre monsters in cards. They are known as trainers. I for instance am a trainer. Though I only have 2 and they are in their 2nd stage."

"So these monsters have stages?"

"Yes, they have 3 stages total though there are rumers that there is a 4th stage. I've never seen one and we have some old trainers in the village. Let me take you there. We'll see what the elder has to say."

"Um, ok."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:18 pm 
Pokémon Champion

((After some time walking))

"How far is your village?", said a worn out Neo.

"Only 2 miles. A short walk."

"Short? Dam, that's what I get for spending all my free time locked away in my room."

"Why was your room locked?"

"It was a figure of speech."

"Oh. By the way I guess we never introduced ourselfs. My name is Tsuekasa."

"I'm Neo. I know my parents are weird."

"I don't think it's weird. I like it."

"Well you are one of the few who do."

"Were here."

Comming over a hill Neo could see the village come to view. It was a decent sized village. Probably 500 or more people were living within it's borders. Afew brave houses were scattered around outside the village.

"Nice place."

"Thanks. This way to the elders house. He's the one who runs the village and also gives advice and knows lots."

"Well, that would make him quilified then."

After some more walking they reach his house.

"You wait outside while I go speak to him."

"Ok."

After what seem forever Tsuekasa came back out. "He'll see you now."

"Bout time..."

The inside of the house was modest. Chairs and other things common to a house were in their almost seeming perfect place.

"Ah so you must be Neo. Come and sit."

"Thank you sir."

"Tsuekasa said she found you laying on the ground and says you don't know much about this world. Am I right."

"Correct sir."

"Please call me Treveld."

"Ok Treveld."

"Well anyway I did some quick reading and rembering and think I have a theory. You could very well be a Hero that has come to save this world."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:53 am 
Pokémon Champion

((Ok. I think this post will tell what Neo will look like since I can't draw worth ****. Though in the future Neo will have his hair long. Down to the midde of his back. For now it's short))

"Me a hero? What type of theory is that? I don't know thing 1 about this place and I'm to save it?"

"Well yes. You do fit the bill mostly. It says people from not around here will come one day and perge this world from the evil that is taking over. I think the time for this evil is now with Moen around and you claim not to be from this world so..."

"So I seem to match up. I see. Wait you said people right?"

"Yes, there was mentioned more then 1 will come."

"Hum, that means I'm not in this alone and will need to find the rest somehow."

"That does seem logical. Though you will need to train and learn about this world first. I bet the others will be doing the same."

"Well then I guess I don't have much choise. My next question is where am I staying? I don't exactly live here."

"I've already made arrangements. You'll be living with me for awhile."

"Ah.", said Tsuekasa.

"This would be best for him. He could read my books and I am a decent trainer. Though someone young could teach him better. I'll let you train him some Tsuekasa."

"Really? Thanks elder. Ya, my first real assinment."

"Now Neo, those colthes of yours makes you out of place. I have some that you could have if you like. They are in my spare room."

"Thanks."

*30 min later*

"Hummm. Intresting pick of colthing and colors."

"Well I've liked black and grey and my mom never really let me where much. Plus it may confuse whoever I'm fighting to think I would join them."

Neo was wearing dark grey pants and shirt. Thouhg one couldn't see it very well due to the black hooded robe he was wearing over them. (looks like something from KH: COM that the bad guys wore) Though his hair is short, Neo planed on growing it out.

"Wow you look nice Neo.", said Tsuekasa.

"Thanks."

"Now if you two don't mind, I need to prepare for tonight. Would you be so kind in giving Neo a tour of the town Tsuekasa?"

"Sure, follow me."

"What's tonight?"

"We are celebrating the victory of today aginst the monster attack."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:48 am 
Pokémon Champion

Neo and Tusekasa spent the rest of the afternoon wandering the town. She showed him the libarary, school, all the diffrent stores, and some people she knew along with the protectors, both front line and back line, and introduced him to them. It was nearing dusk when Tusekasa left Neo at Treveld's house to go prepare herself for tonight. Neo didn't fell like joining and didn't feel right in the town when it was celebrating and he had no real connections to the town yet. He left and went to a near by hill and faced away from the town. He let his mind wander about.

"Why me? I'm nothing too special. Why was I picked to help in this? Why? I already miss home. I wonder what my family is doing now that I'm gone? I bet they are trying to find me with all they can. Probably have police and the like searching for me. I bet I'm even on T.V. by now. I do feel bad about this. I really didn't have a choice or even tell them. And now I bet I can't tell them I'm ok. Well, depends on how one defines ok."

Neo went on like this for awhile. Then he just sat and looked at the stars. Oddly they reminded him of the night sky on Earth. He sat there til he could tell that the town was becoming quite. He headed back to Treveld's home.

"Ah so you are back. I had a felling you wouldn't join us. So, what did you do?"

"I went out of town to do some thinking."

"Oh. Well, I hope it did you some good. Best you get some sleep. It'll be an intresting day for you tomorrow."

"Ok. Good night."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:19 am 
Pokémon Champion

Neo slept well that night. He dreamed but they didn't seem to last or be remembrable. Next thing he knew he was being shaked and a voice talking to him.

"Time to get up sleepy head."

"Just 10 more min mom...", said Neo.

"Get up!" said Tsuekasa as she pulled off his covers sending a wave of cold air onto Neo.

Neo woke with a start. "Ok ok, I'm up! What are you doing in here?"

"Well, this is my grandpa's house and all, so I do have a key. And I couldn't help but watch you sleep. And did that come in handy. You talk in your sleep and thanks to that we can get you your first monster."

"Um ok." said Neo abit confused. "Wait, you watched me sleep? Gee, I can't seem to escape from you."

"Nope. And just before I woke you, I caught a monster for myself to help train you. Would be abit unfair using a stage 2 and 3 aginst a stage 1 you would be getting. So get up and dressed. The weather is perfect and we might get lucky."

"So what did I say when I was asleep?"

"Well, you talked about weather and since it's foggy outside we might get lucky."

"Lucky with what?"

"With a perfect monster for you. Now get dressed. I'll be waiting outside."

Afew moments later they were walking out of the village and to what sounded like a river. The fog wasn't too think so they could see where they were going. As they aproched the river they could hear what almost sounded like thunder.

"Perfect. Luck was on our side today. Neo, this will be your first monster if you can catch it. These tend to be tricky to catch. Most stage 1 can be simply caught by putting a card on them without a fight. But this one will put up some resistance and can't be caught the normal way. I'll let you borrow Shining Ball from me. 1 attack should do it. Just use Ray of Light."

"Um, ok..."

They aproched the river and could see a shadow in the fog. A spark came from it to the ground. As they got closer they could see it. It looked like a tiny strom cloud.

"Well here goes nothing."

"Well?"

"How do I call it out?"

Tusekasa did the classic cartoon fall. "Just call it's name to come out."

"Shining Ball come out!" Shining Ball came out of it's card. It looked like a ball with light emiting from it. "Use Ray of Light on that cloud thingy." Shining Ball didn't respond at once but with a nod from Tusekasa it sent out a beam of light at the cloud. Neo then tossed his card and it was caught.

"Hum, says here it's called Storm. Wind/Electric. Intresting."

"Lets go heal in back in town. Then it can battle my Bibble."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:53 am 
Pokémon Champion

Neo and Tusekasa headed back to town. Neo was busy looking at his new monster. It had 1 attack so far and that was Thundershock. "So, what is the type charts for these things? They must be weak aginst something."

"Well there is a list. Fire>Water..." and she explained the type chart to Neo.

"So my monster doesn't have an advantage over yours? Gee and I thought it would. Crazy rules this world has."

"You get use to it."

Soon they were back in town. Tusekasa took Neo to the center where it looked like a large grey stone sat. "Since the cloest shrine to healing is in the forest and we can't go into the forest for whatever reason this stone has similar properties as the shrine for healing. So just place your card on the stone and it will heal and restore Storm." So Neo took out his card and placed it on the stone. A sudden flash of light came and Neo's monster was healed. "Good. Now to have a practice match."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:10 am 
Pokémon Champion

((Sorry for not posting sooner. Been meaning to for awhile but I've gotten abit lazy lately :) ))

Tsuekasa took Neo over to what looked like a small stadium. "This is where we have turnaments among ourselfs to see who is the strongest in town and abit extra training for both trainers and monsters. This is where we will have your first real battle and practice. Rules are simple for this battle. We each use one monster and battle til it is either ko'd or otherwise unable to battle. Don't worry, I'll try and go easy on you. Who knows, you might be a natural at this."

Neo didn't think this was the case. Though with what had been happening to him the last 24 hours, he was ready to do the impossible.

"Ok I summon you Bibble!", shouted Tsuekasa.

"I summon you Storm!", shouted Neo.

"Ok, I'll get this started. Bibble use Droplets." Bibble sent drops of water from it's mouth towards Storm and they made contact. "Ok, some advice Neo. You can conmand your monster to do something during my comands as well like dodging the attack and striking back with your own attack. Don't worry though, you'll get use to it."

Neo looked abit sheepish but understood. This was real, not some game with turn-based attack. It was more like a real-time game. Though he couldn't bleave that he was doing realife compaired to games. ((He doesn't know he's in a game yet)) "Use Thundershock!" Storm sent out a surge of electicity towords Bibble. "Dodge it Bibble!", shouted Tusekasa. Bibble managed to dodge it but some of the attack bounced off the ground and struck it. It did some damage but not much. "Ok Bibble use Droplets!"

Neo and Tusekasa battle this way for awhile issuing out the same attacks due to the fact that each monster only knew 1. After awhile Tsuekasa did win but not by much. "You did good for your first battle. Better then mine. It was a disaster. Well lets go heal."

Neo and Tsuekasa walked back to the stone and healed their monsters. Neo then noticed a new attack on his card. "Hey, my monster learned a new move. Lets see, Thunderwave. Sounds fimilar."

"Well good job. Now it will be easyer to battle with. Now lets get you use to training your monster."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:59 pm 
Pokémon Champion

For the next month Neo adjusted to his new life. To him it felt like being stuck in the 1800's but strangly enough he enjoyed it better this way though he did miss the his games.

He moved out of Treveld's house into his own place after landing a job at one of the item stores, though the idea of an idem store puzzled Neo. But work was work. He also had been spending time training his monster when he could and he could see progress. It had learned a new attack too. He also got use to the ways of the Primary Defence of the town. After all, he was one of the chosen warriors.

This particular day Neo was training Storm near the stream aginst a wild Bibble. "Use Gust!" Storm whipped up a wirldwind and struck the Bibble ko'ing it. "Good job." Just then Storm begain to glow. It grew bigger then it was before and returned to its normal colors. Well almost normal. It had grown darker. "What the?" Neo looked at his card. A diffrent name was with his monster. It was Thunder Storm. "Hum intresting. Almost like pokemon." Neo headed into town.

"Hey Tsuekasa look at what happened today." said Neo as he entered Treveld's house. Treveld was in there too.

"What?" Neo showed here the card. "Wow already? My first one took 3 months to got to stage to."

"That's because you didn't train very much."

"Oh be quite grandpa."

"But I do say Neo, that is quite a feat though. Not many trainers can do that."

"Ya but I don't make much of a trainer with only 1 monster. I'll have to try and get some more soon."

"That's the spirit!" said Treveld.

"Well, while I'm here I'll do some more reading."

"Go right ahead."

Neo begain browsing though Treveld's books. On the top shielf Neo spotted a strange book. Strange cause of the title of the book. It said Manual. "Hey what is this book about?" Neo showed Treveld the book. "I have no idea. I've never been able to read anything of it including the title cause it's in a language that I can't understand."

"But I seem to beable to read it."

"It could be that for whatever reasons it's written in your language for only you and the other Heros to read. Why I'm not sure."

"Well, I'll take it home with me."

"Hope the book can be of use."

"So do I."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:44 pm 
Pokémon Champion

Neo spent the remainder of the day looking at the book. As he kept on reading it was getting very weird. It explained almost all that he had been taught here. It looked all to fimilar to that of a manule to a game. Compleat with picture and such. Then Neo begain to think back to a month ago. The more he pondered the more he realized something. This was a game. He had somehow been transported though is computer into some game. A game he never even heard of. ROM-Realm of Monsters.

Now Neo was very confused. He had no idea how to even get back to his own world. He kept reading well into the night to see what he had to do...

He kept this all to himself for some time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:20 am 
Pokémon Champion

The next day would be a day to remember for Neo.

The day started out like any normal day. The sun was shinning and the air was sweet and refreshing. Though today Neo didn't quite look at it that way. He couldn't shake off the fact that this was all a game. How it felt soo real he couldn't figure out. He was still thinking about it all when the alarm went off. Neo snaped back to himself and ran towards the towns edge.

"Good everyone is here." Said Venta "If you havn't guess it already we just spotted 2 monsters comming out of the forest. One is a Vetna (pre-form of Vetra) and the other is a Trent. For those of you new Trents arn't an easy thing to battle. As you can see it has branches that it can extend and attack with with a range of attacks. Close up battles with this think would be pointless. Even distance battles wouldn't be easy. What it's doing out of the forest I'm not sure. One hasn't been seen for 20 years. Vetna isn't a push over either but it's alot easyer to battle with. Vetna is Dark/Shadow for thouse who don't know. Trent is a Ground/Shadow so if you have any water monsters, they won't beable to help. Now lets go out there and win!"

A cheer erupted from the group of about 15 people. This was Neo's first battle. He wanted to prove that he could do this. He headed out with the rest of the group. Then they split up. Most went over to deal with the Trent as it would be the hardest of the 2 to deal with. Only 5 including Neo went to the Vetna. <span style='color:red'>"Ok come out Thunder Storm!" </span>Neo's new monster came out of its card ready to battle. Though it was a level 2 going aginst a level 3 but he had backup. The rest begain to summon thier own. <span style='color:red'>"Use Gust!"</span> A wirlwind was summoned and struck the Vetna. Though it stagered abit it launched an attack at a closer monster doing damage. For the next 5 min they battled it before it was finally KO'd. Neo dug out one of his cards and tossed it at Vetna.

<span style='color:green'>"Wait Neo that wouldn't be a good idea!"</span> said Neo's friend Riti. But it was too late and Neo had already tossed the card and Vetna was caught. "<span style='color:green'>Well now you'll be ready for some fun Neo, noone has ever caught a monster from this forest and able to controll it. Maybe you'll be the first but even I don't think you can."</span>

<span style='color:red'>"That's something they should teach us really."</span>

<span style='color:green'>"I think you fell asleep during that lesson. I was teaching that class. Guess I should of told you after that class was over."</span>

<span style='color:red'>"Well anyway lets go help the rest."</span>

<span style='color:green'>"Good idea."</span>

Neo and the rest of the group headed off to the other to the Trent. The battle there wasn't going so well. At least 3 monsters had already been KO'd and afew didn't look soo good. Then the Trent launched off a Cherry Bomb. It sent 10 decent sized objects in all directions and exploding at diffrent times. At least 3 more monsters were KO'd. The group was down to it's last 4 before Neo and the rest joined up with them.

<span style='color:red'>"Dam, that thing must be strong to take out that many monsters." </span>said Neo to himself. Everyone was keeping their distance from it. <span style='color:red'>"Ok Thunder Storm lets help them. Use Thunder Wave!"</span> A jolt of electricity headed towards the Trend but it easly blocked it with it's branches.

<span style='color:green'>"I guess he forgot to mention that they have a great defence ability too."</span>

<span style='color:red'>"That would of been nice to know." </span>agreed Neo. Then Neo had an idea. Crazy but still an idea. <span style='color:red'>"Use Gust then Thunderwave!"</span> Thunder Strom summoned up a gust attack that seemed to pull back the branches letting the Thunderwave go in. Though being ground it still got affected by the attack. Now with it unable to move Neo ran towards it.

<span style='color:green'>"Wait Neo don't do that!"</span> but Riti's words didn't reach Neo. He got close to the Trent. <span style='color:red'>"Now use Thundershock!" </span>Neo figured that the closer he was to it the more effective the attack would be. Though he was right and the attack did do more damage the Trent managed to move again and instantly attack Neo and Thunderstorm with it's Vine Whip. Neo felt great pain and then blacked out. His monster was quicky KO'd as well. The group soon defeated the Trent after risking thier own healt to rescue Neo. Neo was quickly taken to a healer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:48 am 
Pokémon Champion

Two days later Neo finally opened his eyes. He was laying in his own bed but his body aced all over. Neo staired up at the celling for awhile and then noticed someone in a chair nearby. It was Tsuekasa. Though she had fallen asleep. Neo tried to sit up but the pain was still too strong and Neo gave up. Then Tsuekasa woke up.

<span style='color:purple'>"How do you fell?"</span> she asked.

<span style='color:red'>"Funny you should ask. I fell like I got run over by a truck."</span>

<span style='color:purple'>"What's a truck?"</span>

<span style='color:red'>"Never mind. Have you been watching me? And how long have I been out?"</span>

<span style='color:purple'>"Yes, I've been looking after you and replacing your bandages. I just removed them all and then fell asleep afew hours ago. And you've been out for 2 days now. We managed to defeat the Trent but just bairly."</span>

<span style='color:red'>"Well that's good."</span>

<span style='color:purple'>"BUT WHAT WERE YOU THINKING GOING IN LIKE THAT? YOU COULD OF BEEN KILLED AND THAT WOULDN'T LOOK GOOD FOR A HERO TO DIE BEFORE THEY ARE ABLE TO SAVE US ALL. WHY DID YOU HAVE TO GO PULL A STUNT LIKE THAT?..."</span> and Tsuekasa went on like that for the next hour. People walking by moved away from the house like that. Mainly cause they knew what Tsuekasa was like and didn't really want her to notice them and start yelling at them too.