It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Magic the Gathering
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:51 pm 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

I just can't get enough of creating discussion topics.

Saber posted about MtG in Saying Hi, and I figured, we're all forumgoers, chances are a good few of us at least play Magic. I myself play it probably a bit more often than I should.

But yeah, here's a board for discussing magic, and it just so happens something discussion-worthy happened today! A new card was unveiled at PAX:

Ruric Thar, the Unbowed, 4RG
Legendary Creature - Ogre Warrior
Vigilance, reach
Ruric Thar, the Unbowed attacks each turn if able.
Whenever a player casts a noncreature spell, Ruric Thar deals 6 damage to that player.
6/6

So yeah, Domri Rade feels good. Thoughts, or general discussion?

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Stevenson's Latin Phrase of the Week:

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Post subject: Re: Magic the Gathering
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:11 pm 
Pokémon Legend

Can't wait for the next expac. I don't have any cards, but I like watching matches/ playing with other peoples decks/ looking at new cards when they come out. I'm just not good at building decks

............ - Gender: Male; Type: Fighting, Flying; Abilities: Guts, Inner Focus; Attacks: Leech Life, Leer, Low Kick, Revenge. Level 15

Sudonette - Gender: Male; Type: Rock, Ghost; Abilities: Insomnia, Rock Head; Attacks: Knock Off, Copycat,Rock throw, Curse. level 5

Metarion(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Metal; Abilities: Shield Dust, Sturdy; Attacks: Metal Claw, Tackle, Mud-Slap, Headbutt. Level 8

Shieldyu(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Water, Ground; Abilities: Sturdy, Natural Cure; Attacks: Tackle, Protect, Rapid Spin, take down. Level 5

Lola - Gender: Female; Type: Psychic, Flying; Abilities: Inner Focus, Synchronize; Attacks: Teleport, Leech Life, Leer

Silver wrote:
I love you The n00b. You don't have to be jealous of actual n00bs. There's only room in my heart for you. I'm just... disappointed that you left me for so long. It was lonely... you promised you'd write to me, but you never did... the months passed by, and I still thought of you every day, but you never called. I never got any letters from you.

So eventually, I started to lose faith... I thought you had been killed in that terrible, terrible war. Or maybe that you had forgotten about me. It's been so long, you probably found another girl over there... I never stopped loving you, but I didn't think you cared about me anymore, so welcoming you back just would have been too painful for me... I'm sorry. I'm glad you've come back home *sniff*

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:30 pm 
Pokémon Legend

I actually initially stopped playing way back in middle school, but brought one of my 4-year-old decks (my favourite deck--red/black deck with lots of burn spells, madness costs and hellfire. My hand is basically empty for most of the game, which works splendidly) to college on the off chance I found people that still played. Which I did. And it's awesome.

So I had to have several years of new abilities explained to me (there are cards with a monster on both the front and and the back of the card what.), but I'm hoping some time we'll all go deck drafting so I can make a new (albeit strange) deck.

But that sounds like a marvelous card, though I've never actually seen a red/green deck. My friend was playing with a deck where like everyone had flying, so that card really would have come in handy.

Any favourite colours to play? My personal favourites are, if you hadn't guessed by my favourite deck, red and black. I'm not intelligent enough to play blue well at all. I'm also impatient and like burning things.

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:52 pm 
Gym Leader

Blue. Im selling the majority of my cards and only keeping my favorite decks, half of them are blue.

I am the artist formerly known as Matrix Kirby.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:54 am 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

I try to represent most colours. My decks right now are Red/Black/Blue, White/Green/Blue, and Green/Black/Blue....

Wait, no, I guess blue.

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Stevenson's Latin Phrase of the Week:

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:38 am 
Pokémon Champion

ok...that is a nice card...now to somehow when it comes out place it in my Bloodrush Red/Green deck.

In general I've only recently gotten into magic after many many years of wanting to play it but no real good amount of players I knew of til about October. I have my Bloodrush deck but is still be modified and worked on and just started getting cards for my Rat deck with an Illussion and Werewolf decks next in line.