It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Honorables
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:44 am 
Random Trainer

;-) O-k this is for anything and I mean anything you think diden't get enough credit for being alsome. T.v shows you think should have air longer, movies that no one has herd about, people who just did amazeing things that you think they should be known. Please don't put anything sad on here this is to bring happy thoughts, and noting to silly like, this girl can do a hand stand for 40 hours and thats just alsome. And if you wish you can add a little info to why you picked what you did or what you pick is. ;-) Have fun!

Frist I whant to said the t.v shows air during a time block intitled " One Saterday Moreing" which was held on Saterdays did not air long enough and should of still been kept on. Some of the shows that where air on it at the time where :Doug, Recess, Pepper Ann, Loyd in Space, Teacher's Pet, The Weekenders, Sabrina: The Animated Series. and thats to just name a few.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ArtOfHeartStudio Twitter: https://twitter.com/ArtOfHeartStudi

DeviantART: http://kako-cakes.deviantart.com/ Official Website: http://www.artofheartstudio.wix.com/art ... lifeareone

Post subject: Re: Honorables
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:52 am 
Random Trainer

The movie Excalibur, directed by John Boorman, is a great movie. It's not that well-known, not like Ghostbusters or Lord of the Rings etc. but it's just as awesome.

"The press can hold its magnifying glass up to our problems, bringing them into focus; or they can use that magnifying glass to light ants on fire, and then perhaps host a week of shows on the sudden flaming ants epidemic."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:17 am 
Articuno

Buzz Aldrin. Second man on the moon and 50% of people asked know the first, Neil Armstrong, but not the second.

The Simpson's has already brought this to light.

Quote:
Buzz Aldrin made a guest star appearance in an episode of animated sitcom The Simpsons entitled "Deep Space Homer," in which the main character, Homer Simpson, signs up to NASA as their first "Average Joe" astronaut. Aldrin displayed a good sense of humor about his status as second man on the moon, proclaiming "Second comes right after first!", while his introduction to Homer is met with absolute non-recognition.

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:21 am 
Articuno

Michael Collins, third member of Apollo 11. Almost no none knows that.

He served as the command module pilot. While he orbited the Moon, Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin performed the first manned landing on the lunar surface. He is one of only 24 humans to have flown to the Moon.

poor guy got all the way there and didn't get to walk on the moon.

That's like driving to Disney land and waiting in the car for the kids.

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:35 am 
Pokémon Master

Star Trek, an amazing series, better than Star Wars for me. It was a wonderful series, I think they should continue the TV series today but with someone other than Will Shatner playing Captain Kirk.

Trophy Case:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:51 pm 
Random Trainer

Firefly. I love that show, always enjoyed their snappy one liners and characters. It had a bunch of fans but still only ever had 14 episodes made, but a couple years later they put out a movie (Serenity) that was sort of a "what would have happened in the show" kinda thing.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:39 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Good grammar and spelling.

*^_^*kako wrote:
;-) O-k this is for anything and I mean anything you think diden't get enough credit for being alsome. T.v shows you think should have air longer, movies that no one has herd about, people who just did amazeing things that you think they should be known. Please don't put anything sad on here this is to bring happy thoughts, and noting to silly like, this girl can do a hand stand for 40 hours and thats just alsome. And if you wish you can add a little info to why you picked what you did or what you pick is. ;-) Have fun!

Frist I whant to said the t.v shows air during a time block intitled " One Saterday Moreing" which was held on Saterdays did not air long enough and should of still been kept on. Some of the shows that where air on it at the time where :Doug, Recess, Pepper Ann, Loyd in Space, Teacher's Pet, The Weekenders, Sabrina: The Animated Series. and thats to just name a few.

Good grammar and spelling is really "alsome". (Seriously, what?)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:49 pm 
Pokémon Master

System Shock 2... Great game that not enough people have played. Ridiculously hard, ridiculously fun, scary as hell and filled to the brim with FPS and RPG goodness. BUY NAO!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:19 pm 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

It's very difficult to write this message, because I keep crying and vomiting all over the keyboard. There was nothing honorable about that first post.

You know what are underappreciated? Grammar skills. Also, spelling skills. And nunchuck skills. Bow hunting skills. Computer hacking skills. You get the picture.

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Stevenson's Latin Phrase of the Week:

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:56 pm 
Pokémon Master

Hey, people. Don't worry too much on her grammar. Kako is a very friendly member who wants everybody to enjoy themselves on Pebbleversion. ;-)

So don't mind the grammar, because it's not important about the thread and it's off-topic. >-(

Trophy Case:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:08 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Taken from the forum rules:

Josiah wrote:
8: Please keep your messages easily readable. Correct spelling, grammer, and punctuation are always a good thing.

If I am of the opinion that grammar and spelling are worthy of an "honorable", I believe I am within my rights to post so.

Also, Stevenson and I are both moderators. So I would appreciate it if you didn't back-seat mod... at mods, thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:21 pm 
Pokémon Master

well, okay, my apologies, Silver. But at least members are able to read it, it was only some minor grammar errors, won't really spoil the entire word.

Trophy Case:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:54 pm 
Pokémon Master

White_Samurai wrote:
well, okay, my apologies, Silver. But at least members are able to read it, it was only some minor grammar errors, won't really spoil the entire word.

Actually, I've dealt with band grammar and spelling before, but I couldn't read anything in that first post. Grammar is incredibly important for easy comprehension. I had to struggle to read that.

Anyway, I'd like to mention the The Bartimaeus Trilogy. Alternate universe in which Gladstone conquered Europe as a magician. It has excellent character development and has a nice dose of footnotes.

"Dobby never meant to kill, only to...maim. Or seriously injure."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:03 pm 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

Personally, I only really like half of the chapters in those books. Specifically, the Bartimaeus half. Or the Bartimaeus third in the last two books.

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Stevenson's Latin Phrase of the Week:

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:54 am 
Mew

Chrono Cross on the PS. Really amazing game but nowhere near enough people played it...

I'm also going to agree with Silver and Stevenson. Even if a lot of people on the internet don't care, it's good to get into a habit of correct spelling and grammar as it will help you out all throughout life (school, work, general communication, etc, etc, etc).

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.