It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The cooking thread
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:18 am 
Articuno

I didn't see a thread for cooking and exchanging recipes, so here it is.

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Image Image Image Image Image

Post subject: Re: The cooking thread
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:18 am 
Articuno

How to Cook Chocolate Rice Crispy Cakes http://www.makeschooleasy.com/cook/chocolatecakes.php

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:44 pm 
Pokémon Master

:-o DO WANT. *Copy-pastes recipe into Word document.*

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:46 pm 
Pokémon Master

Did you make those rice cakes??? They look delicious!! :clap:

Trophy Case:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:01 pm 
Articuno

yes I did, that is an acutal picture of the ones I made. very easy, quick and tasty. There cheap too, and can be sold on summer fairs cos they stay fresh for ages I'_'I

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:54 pm 
Gym Leader

Ooh! I do have some recipes to share, but they are at home. Good idea Shauni!
And those look really good right now... They only give us three meals a day here, and I haven't had the chance to hit WalMart for a restocking of snacks. :sweat:

Swalectrode (Electric, Poison) Attacks: Yawn, Tackle, Sludge, Screech (Wins 5, Losses 0) Exp:30 Static&Liquid Ooze Status: Lost T.T

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:06 pm 
Random Trainer

Heh I've got a family recipe of a goulash I can put up - as soon as I remember what cookbook it's in at least :sweat: I'll edit this as soon as I find it!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:45 am 
Articuno

My friend Corinne always makes us Rocky Road here at work.

Here is the recipe she uses

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/datab ... 7104.shtml

This, like the other cakes I posted, only requires melting chocolate and doesnt need to be baked in the oven.

Its very easy to do and they taste GREAT.

I hear if you don't like dark chocolate it can also be done with milk chocolate, but it can be a bit to sweet.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:16 am 
Random Trainer

OMG O_O such tasty treats! And look at those rice crispy cakes... those look really yummy, Shauni^^ It's made me hungry in rl.

"The press can hold its magnifying glass up to our problems, bringing them into focus; or they can use that magnifying glass to light ants on fire, and then perhaps host a week of shows on the sudden flaming ants epidemic."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:31 pm 
Mew

I'll definately be posting some stuff here when I have a bit more free time.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:51 pm 
Random Trainer

;-) O-k I have two I would like to post so here they are.

Ice Cream Exploshion!
Frist you'll need:
2 boxes of ice cream sandwitch bars
1 jar of hot fuge(heat when you get ready to put on)
3-4 candy bars (candy of your choice must be bar)and crush them up.
2 contaner of wip cream
and a metal rectangler pan 9 by 13 or biger or smaller the bigger the more ice cream,hot fuge,candy bars,whip cream you'll need.
You can add stuff or take away stuff to fit your taste.

Onece you have this your going to whant to take the ice cream bars and line the bottom of the pan with them.if you run out of room it is o-k to cut the bar in half so it may fit your pan. After this you put a layer of hot fuge ontop of the ice cream,does not have to be thick.
After that you put a layer of whip cream fallowed by some crushed candy bar. Repeat the steps starting with the ice cream. Depending on how big your pan is will detemain how tall and how much you use. Put in frige when your done and whait a hour then dig in and injoy! :thumbsup:

La La Cookies

This one is easy and yummy!
Frist you'll need:
1-2 boxes of Ritz Crackers
A bag of white and normal chocolate (the type you whant to get is called almond bark) if you can't find this then try useing candy bars. If you like dark chocolate then you can use that.
a jar of peanut butter
you'll need wax paper as well
;-) O-k time to get cookies.
Frist tare of a sheet of wax paper then use a butter kinfe to put peanutbutter between two Ritz crackers. Make sure it dosen't over flow. Do this inteal you have all the cookies you whant. The more you make the more chocolate you need.
Melt down the normal/dark chocolate and dip creackers with peanutbutter in them into the chocolate. And sit it down on wax paper.
Let the chocolate on them hardden. (Air dry) Onece they had done this melt down the white chocolate. I found out onece you melt it,if you put it into a baggy and cut a hold in the cornner its easy to drizzle the white chocolate onto of the cookies. Either way just drizzle the chocolate on top for a fancy look. You can mix things up and dip the cookies into white chocolate then drizzle normal/dark chocolate on them. Just let them sit inteal they look cool and dig in!
;-) Injoy I hope you all try and like these!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ArtOfHeartStudio Twitter: https://twitter.com/ArtOfHeartStudi

DeviantART: http://kako-cakes.deviantart.com/ Official Website: http://www.artofheartstudio.wix.com/art ... lifeareone

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:57 pm 
Pokémon Master

*^_^*kako wrote:
;-) O-k I have two I would like to post so here they are.

Ice Cream Exploshion!
Frist you'll need:
2 boxes of ice cream sandwitch bars
1 jar of hot fuge(heat when you get ready to put on)
3-4 candy bars (candy of your choice must be bar)and crush them up.
2 contaner of wip cream
and a metal rectangler pan 9 by 13 or biger or smaller the bigger the more ice cream,hot fuge,candy bars,whip cream you'll need.
You can add stuff or take away stuff to fit your taste.

Onece you have this your going to whant to take the ice cream bars and line the bottom of the pan with them.if you run out of room it is o-k to cut the bar in half so it may fit your pan. After this you put a layer of hot fuge ontop of the ice cream,does not have to be thick.
After that you put a layer of whip cream fallowed by some crushed candy bar. Repeat the steps starting with the ice cream. Depending on how big your pan is will detemain how tall and how much you use. Put in frige when your done and whait a hour then dig in and injoy! :thumbsup:

La La Cookies

This one is easy and yummy!
Frist you'll need:
1-2 boxes of Ritz Crackers
A bag of white and normal chocolate (the type you whant to get is called almond bark) if you can't find this then try useing candy bars. If you like dark chocolate then you can use that.
a jar of peanut butter
you'll need wax paper as well
;-) O-k time to get cookies.
Frist tare of a sheet of wax paper then use a butter kinfe to put peanutbutter between two Ritz crackers. Make sure it dosen't over flow. Do this inteal you have all the cookies you whant. The more you make the more chocolate you need.
Melt down the normal/dark chocolate and dip creackers with peanutbutter in them into the chocolate. And sit it down on wax paper.
Let the chocolate on them hardden. (Air dry) Onece they had done this melt down the white chocolate. I found out onece you melt it,if you put it into a baggy and cut a hold in the cornner its easy to drizzle the white chocolate onto of the cookies. Either way just drizzle the chocolate on top for a fancy look. You can mix things up and dip the cookies into white chocolate then drizzle normal/dark chocolate on them. Just let them sit inteal they look cool and dig in!
;-) Injoy I hope you all try and like these!

Thanks for the recipe, big sis!! ^o^

Trophy Case:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:19 am 
Articuno

Thanks for the feedback on the cakes I made Eclectric!

Thanks for adding these dishes kako.

We should have a cooking contest or something on the forums. Let me figure out how that would work.

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:23 pm 
Mew

As fun as it would be, I can't see an online cooking contest being very practical since the judge would have to bake everything himself in order to taste them.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:46 pm 
Random Trainer

Josiah wrote:
As fun as it would be, I can't see an online cooking contest being very practical since the judge would have to bake everything himself in order to taste them.

;-) May we could have 5 juges and they rate how good it sounds based on what goes in it?

Anyways I'm going to put a brown surger cookie recipe up soon.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ArtOfHeartStudio Twitter: https://twitter.com/ArtOfHeartStudi

DeviantART: http://kako-cakes.deviantart.com/ Official Website: http://www.artofheartstudio.wix.com/art ... lifeareone