It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: The Big(?) Issues Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:59 pm 
Mew

So, I figured the forums need a thread where we can discuss big issues. And when I say big issues, I naturally mean whatever random issue I happen to throw out there, whether anyone actually thinks it's big or not. So, on to this week's issue...

Got milk? If you do, what're you going to do with it now that you have it? If you don't, what have you got against milk you evil milkless person?

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:54 pm 
Pokémon Master

I drink it?

My tunes :-)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:04 pm 
Pokémon Legend

I has milk every day at school for lunch. My friend spilled his today, however. I had some quick reaction time, though, and managed to quickly get me, my backpack and my lunch out of the way. It was rather awesome, actually.

I have milk practically every day with my cereal, though.

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:48 pm 
Random Trainer

Since I live in a dorm room, I don't have milk, but I do occasionally go the the dining hall and have some with a bowl of cereal. Like I did this morning. It's so good. <3
My mom's trying to discourage me from drinking milk, since apparently it's not as great as people thought it was, but I like the taste.

Meh Siggy Site
And another one because they decreased the number of allotted pages on free sites

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:12 pm 
Random Trainer

I have soy milk in a box, does that count? :sweat:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:51 am 
Mew

Despite that bit about evil milkless people, I don't actually have any milk right now. Well, I do have condensed milk. Does that count? My dad always knew milk wasn't quite as good for you as they say, so I grew up drinking soy milk, but then I developed a bit of a soy allergy (I'm fine with it as long as I don't have it too often) so now I drink rice milk, which isn't nearly as good as soy milk, but it's ok. I drank a lot of milk in Japan though, since it was part of the lunches at the school where I worked. So I'd drink a bottle every day there (or sometimes a couple a day since the other teachers liked giving me extra food). It wasn't bad, but nothing beats Vanilla Edensoy.

Anyway, now I mostly use milk in cooking. But I usually don't use enough to actually go through a bottle/carton before it spoils so I just keep some condensed milk around and buy fresh when needed.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:59 am 
Articuno

I had milk with breakfast. I don't think the UK got those 'got milk' adds, but then I can't really remember. I do know what they are though.

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:26 pm 
Pokémon Master

When they say that milk isn't that too good for you, do they specificly mean cow milk, or any other milk, like say, from goats. I'm pretty sure they mean cow milk since you can't buy goat milk in grocery stores or Wal-Mart. Though if you can, I haven't been paying much attention. Why isn't milk that great for people? Do they mean whole milk compaired to 2% milk? I can understand that becasue whole milk has more fat then 2% milk, not to mention that whole milk has a weird aftertaste and it has a blue-ish tint to it. But milk has calcium, and calcium is good for you, right? I know you can get calcium in cheese and pills, but milk has some other minirals and vitamins that cheese dosn't have, and it certainly does taste better then taking a vitamin pill. So, what I'm trying to ask is why milk is bad for you.

"Dobby never meant to kill, only to...maim. Or seriously injure."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:53 pm 
Pokémon Legend

Gardialvoir wrote:
When they say that milk isn't that too good for you, do they specificly mean cow milk, or any other milk, like say, from goats. I'm pretty sure they mean cow milk since you can't buy goat milk in grocery stores or Wal-Mart. Though if you can, I haven't been paying much attention. Why isn't milk that great for people? Do they mean whole milk compaired to 2% milk? I can understand that becasue whole milk has more fat then 2% milk, not to mention that whole milk has a weird aftertaste and it has a blue-ish tint to it. But milk has calcium, and calcium is good for you, right? I know you can get calcium in cheese and pills, but milk has some other minirals and vitamins that cheese dosn't have, and it certainly does taste better then taking a vitamin pill. So, what I'm trying to ask is why milk is bad for you.

I drink 1%, and sometimes skim. Haven't had 2% in a long time, and I haven't had whole in many, many years (I'm not certain if I EVER had it).

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:00 pm 
Random Trainer

I drink 1%. Not because I think I'm fat. Because I'm not, I could be drinking whole if I wanted to.

^ I haven't seen Napoleon Dynamite in a while, but that darn line's in my head. Ugh.

Really though, my house has milk, but I usually drink orange juice. There's this kind you can buy that has calcium in it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:13 pm 
Pokémon Master

"Are you drinking 1% milk because you think you're fat?"

That said, I drink 2%.

My tunes :-)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:12 pm 
Pokémon Master

1% all the way for me, 'cos mum is a health nut.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:24 pm 
Gym Leader

When you say milk is not as good for you as they say, do you mean the chemicals they put in the milk, or the actual milk itself devoid of chemicals?

On another note, I like soy milk. I don't drink it anymore, but I used to got to a chinese supermarket to buy some. I don't like the "soy milk" in my local supermarket though. Everytime I even think about it, I remember that horrible smell. That's why I don't drink soy milk anymore. Just regular milk for me.

Volgel(4):Magneduo- Gender: Male; Type: Electric, Flying; Abilities: Magnet Pull, Early Bird; Attacks: Tackle, Growl, Thundershock, Pursuit
Schwann(4):Bronzling- Gender: Female; Type: Steel, Psychic; Abilities: Levitate, Heatproof; Attacks: Wrap, Confusion, Growl, Hypnosis
Swapi (4):Larxy- Gender: Female; Type: Normal, Flying; Abilities: Natural Cure, Serene Grace; Attacks: Peck, Charm, Sing, Fury Attack
Zutodile (4):Hydra(SDC) - Gender: Female; Type: Water, Poison; Abilities: Inner Focus, Torrent; Attacks: Leech Life, Scratch, Supersonic, Water gun
IC as of 6/7/09: 737

Signature site, how original!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:04 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Yeah, we've got milk... the 2% kind, I think. I've never been crazy about the stuff, unless it contains cereal and/or is chocolate flavored. And it comes from Turkey Hill. Oh my God, Turkey Hill Chocolate milk... maybe it's just because they don't sell it around here - we have to go to Pennsylvania to get it - and it's something about the rarity... but that stuff's amazing. Like, no comparison to ordinary milk with chocolate syrup or Nesquick or anything. Turkey Hill Chocolate milk is love.

Melvin used to drink chocolate "Silk", which I guess is a brand of Soy Milk... but seriously? Why call it "Silk"? It sounds like you're drinking someone's clothes. ...Then we met Turkey Hill Chocolate Milk and just haven't been able to buy it. It's not the same.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:49 pm 
Gym Leader

I love milk. It fills you up without chewin'! I'm not lazy in the least, no.
Also, it has calcium, and fat which is needed to digest calcium. And it's got Vitamin D (I think) which is good for your immune system.
But I don't drink nothing but milk. That is unhealthy. In fact, the only way anything can be unhealthy is if you ingest or breath too much of it or similarly too little. I'd like to sight evidence on this but I don't know where I found it, you can actually die from a lack of trace amounts of arsenic in your body. So, no, milk isn't an end-all be-all vitamin, but nothing is.

And I hate soy... Sorry. Just don't like the taste.

Swalectrode (Electric, Poison) Attacks: Yawn, Tackle, Sludge, Screech (Wins 5, Losses 0) Exp:30 Static&Liquid Ooze Status: Lost T.T

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next