It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:11 pm 
Egg

This is a fanfic that sorta crosses the world of Harry Potter and science fiction. Its a tale of what happens 200 years after the original series. Its supposed to be funny, but every now and then there may be a few serious parts... I've still got a long ways to go before actually completing it. I'm not posting any more chapters in the forum, but if you want to read more, go here:

<a href='http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2844725/1/' target='_blank'>Click! </a>

Now, heres the first chapter...

Chapter 1: The Android and the Cyborg

The city of Advancedopolis, Florida was a jewel of the current world. It had the tallest buildings and the most advanced technology. There was nothing that you couldn?t find in Advancedopolis? both good and bad.

The city was currently in a state of complete chaos, bullets and missiles ripped through the air in all directions. Thankfully, most of the people in the city had made it out of the city easily because of the 124 escape routes that lead out of the city. Attacks like these often happened once every two months. Why? Nobody really knew.

Hovering over all of the mess was battle android Z3012-

?Hey, I told you before, I?m called ?Tom?!?

Er, sorry, but anyways the battle android named Tom hovered over Advancedopolis using special jetpack thrusters sticking out of his back. He looked not much older than eleven years old. He had brown hair that was at normal length, stone grey eyes, and he wore an impressive battlesuit. The battlesuit was mainly electric blue in color, and had the words ?Zenatech? written across the chest. The battlesuit responded to any function Tom uses, because if he were to use them with regular clothes on, they would be shredded to pieces. Tom looked down at the city, scratched his head and sighed.

?I?ve seen worse at a Wal-Mart on the day after Thanksgiving,? he told himself.

He scanned the city for any sign of the source of the problem, but a thick cloud of dust and smoke covered most of the city, blocking his view.

?Hmph, well I?ll just have to use my Finding Eye Thingy to locate it!?

No sooner than he said this did a stray missile hit Tom dead on, sending him crashing into a nearby building.

?Ow,? groaned Tom as he climbed out of the wreckage, ?That was just darn unfair.?

The jetpack thrusters, which had retracted back into Tom?s back after the missile hit him, once again roared to life and Tom rocketed out of the building. He saw yet another missile heading his way, only this time he was ready; Tom placed both of his fists together and pointed them towards the oncoming missile.

?ALPHA BEAM!!!!?

A violet beam of light shot from his fists, hitting the missile dead on. The missile exploded into nothing.

?Hah!? Tom shouted victoriously, ?Dayamn I?m good.?

He kissed his fists and then yet another missile hit Tom, this time right in his face, when the smoke cleared, he had the look of some cartoon character when they get hit by a bomb blast and their face turns all black and their hair points backward, or however you explain it.

?Ow again,? he said.

?We meet yet again, Z3012,? Tom heard a deep, mechanical voice say.

?It?s Tom! Get it right!? shouted Tom back.

Out of the

?Whatever,? said Tyrannomech.

?Hey, it?s Tyrannomech!? said Tom, ?I had a feeling it was you again, you?re aiming could miss Mt. Everest.?

?If I recall correctly,? pointed out Tyrannomech, ?You got hit twice by my missiles.?

Tom?s left eye twitched, ?So what if I did??

Tyrannomech shook it?s giant head, ?I could show the recording to you if you?d like.?

Tom just hovered there, eye still twitching, ?So what if I did??

Tyrannomech froze for a moment, trying to process this information. ?That doesn?t make sense.?

Twitch, ?Grr? Talking?s for sissies!?

Tom put his hands in the Alpha Beam mode.

?ALPHA??

His fists had started to grow violet, but the light flickered and went out.

?What the- ALPHA BEAM!? Tom shouted again.

No response.

?Gah! Work! Work I say!? Tom yelled at his fists.

?It?s only to be expected,? laughed Tyrannomech mechanically, ?I have now set up a energy field that negates yours and your buddy cyborg?s battle functions. Therefore, you are powerless against me.?

?Heh!? barked Tom, ?No mystical energy field controls my destiny!?

?Oh, really?? sneered Tyrannomech, ?Then why aren?t your jetpack thrusters making the noise that indicates they are working??

A sweat drop appeared on Tom?s face and he looked over his shoulder, the usual roar of the thrusters were silenced. There were no flames that shot out from the bottom of them.

?Son of a??

Tom started to fall, he tried to get the jetpack thrusters to work, but to no avail. ?Well, darn it,? he said.

But before he hit the ground, he felt himself slow down a considerable amount of speed. By the time he reached the ground, he had slowed down enough to lightly land on his feet as though nothing had happened.

?Awesome!? said Tom, ?I must be so damn powerful, I killed gravity for a short time!?

?Actually, I just used a special charm to slow down your fall,? said a voice behind Tom.

Tom turned around and saw a seemingly middle aged man wearing a long scarlet cloak. Most of his face was hidden, but Tom could see the man?s emerald green eyes and jet black hair. On his forehead was a thin, lightning bolt shaped scar that seemed to stand out amongst the other scars on the man?s face. His left arm was completely mechanical. He had the look of one that had been worn down from the years. Of course, he was Harry Potter, and he had been transformed into a cyborg with many of the same functions that Tom had. To Tom, he looked?there was no other word for it?badass.

?Yo, Harry,? greeted Tom.

Harry raised an eyebrow, ?It looks like you need a little bit of help. Plus, your jetpack thrusters are still out.?

?Oh, yeah. Tyrannomech is back with an energy field thingy that disables all of our battle functions,? said Tom.

?So that?s why my jetpack thrusters wouldn?t work?? said Harry, ?I saw Tyrannomech and tried to activate them, but couldn?t. I thought that I needed repairs, but then when my laser sword wouldn?t work, I knew something was up.?

?You can use your magic, right?? asked Tom.

?Of course, it worked earlier did it??

?Oh.?

The ground began to shake under them and the two heard a very loud mechanical roar, Tyrannomech was fast approaching.

?You two really don?t have a chance against me, y?know? The smart thing to do is to simply give up.?

?I?ll take care of it,? said Harry.

Tom grinned, ?The poor fool.?

Harry took his wand out of his pocket and pointed it directly at Tyrannomech?s face.

?Reducto,? he said simply.

Even though Reducto was a shrinking spell, as soon as the spell hit the mech?s head, it short-circuited and exploded.

?It?s almost too easy,? said Harry.

?I envy you so much.?

Harry snorted and looked at Tyrannomech?s unmoving body, ?Well, we won?t be seeing him for a while.?

?I hope so,? sighed Tom, ?We?ve fought him? what is it? 12 times in the past two years??

?Something like that, and Tom, your jetpack thrusters are still out,? Harry pointed out.

?Oh reall- YEAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGHHHHHHABLLLELELELELE!!!!?

The jetpack thrusters had suddenly activated due to the fact the energy field had worn off and Tom was sent flying straight up in the air.

?I can see the apartment from here!? Harry heard Tom say before he flew out of sight.

?Well, that was completely random,? said Harry to himself, looking up. He was waiting for Tom to fall back down so he could use the charm to cushion Tom?s fall again. As he looked up, he saw a snowy white owl fly by.

What?! Harry thought, he turned around and scanned the sky for it, but it was gone.

?Must?ve been a hallucination,? Harry told himself, ?Even though cyborgs rarely have hallucinations??

Harry was suddenly jerked from his thoughts when he heard a loud crash behind him, he turned around and saw a smoking crater that wasn?t there before, a beat up Tom climbed out.

?You could have at least used that spell on me,? he groaned.

?Sorry,? said Harry, and he helped Tom out of the crater.

?Hey, you wanna go pick something up to eat?? asked Harry, ?I?m starting to get hungry,?

All traces of having fallen a few miles left Tom, ?Fooooooooooooddddd?.? He said dreamily. Even though he was an android, he required proper nourishment like a regular human.

?I?ll take that as a yes,? said Harry.

A hole opened in the back of Harry?s cloak, allowing his own jetpack thrusters to slide through, and the two of them took off into a part of the city that wasn?t ravaged by Tyrannomech?s latest attack.

Meanwhile?

Zenitech Advanced Robotics Inc., it was the leading manufacturer of robots, mechs, androids and whatnot. The man who ran the company was Dr. Greg Zenith, a technical genius. He was quite young, being only 21 years of age, and a handsome young man that many ladies admired. Dr. Zenith sat at his desk, moving his shoulder length black hair out of his face as he signed important documents. A man in a lab coat, (more commonly known as ?the Lab Coat Guy?) entered the office.

Without looking up, Dr Zenith asked, ?Well? How did it go?

?Sir? Tyrannomech was destroyed again.?

?WHAT?!? shouted Dr. Zenith, making the LCG jump, ?I did everything! It was a plan that couldn?t fail! How in the world did the android do it??

?Er- technically it wasn?t Z3012,? said the LCG, ?It was that cyborg that tags along with him, he shot a form of unknown energy at the Tyrannomech.?

?You couldn?t identify this form of energy at all?? asked Dr. Zenith.

?No, sir.?

Dr. Zenith sat thinking for a while, then he looked up at the LCG.

?You, I want you to gather all of the information you can about this cyborg,? said Dr. Zenith, ?And I want regular reports, you are now dismissed.?

?Yes sir, understood sir.?

Back to Advancedopolis?

Advancedopolis had returned to normal after the initial attack of Tyrannomech. Night was fast approaching. Tom and Harry landed in front of a few apartments at the east side of the city, they both looked full.

?I?m stuffed, I love all-you-can-eat pizza buffets,? said Tom.

?Yeah,? agreed Harry.

Harry grabbed the mail from his mail box and they climbed the stairs to their apartment, which was number 205. Tom walked inside the rather messy apartment (the consequence of two guys living under one roof without anyone to clean) and slumped onto the couch, he took the remote and flipped through the channels on the TV.

?Nothin? on tonight,? said Tom, ?If I would have thought about it, I would have stopped to rent a movie? Harry?

Tom looked over the couch at Harry, the few envelopes that Harry had picked up had dropped, only one remained in his hand, he was looking at this one in particular with a look of disbelief.

So, tell me what you think...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:18 pm 
Mew

Your grammer and sentence structure are pretty good and you've certainly got a unique idea for a story. I'll save any comments on the plot itself until it's further along.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:31 pm 
Egg

Chapter 5 is up! <a href='http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2844725/5/' target='_blank'>Click! </a>

And thanks for the comment above, Josiah. I was wondering if the grammar sounded okay, since I'm not very knoledgeable about editing in those departments...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:53 am 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

I have a really stupid question....how could reducto blow someone's head off if it's just a shrinking spell?

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Stevenson's Latin Phrase of the Week:

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:15 am 
Egg

Since we're dealing with a mech, (and... I'm not particulary spell-savvy in the HP books >_>) it's head short circuited from trying to shrink, therefore, it goes boom.

I edited the first chapter to make it sound a little bit better and to clear up the shrinking spell problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:11 pm 
Mew

Actually reducto isn't a shrinking spell. It's a spell for destroying solid objects. ((has read all the HP books zillions of times))

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:56 pm 
Egg

Gah... Oh, well. I'll just leave it as it is... I guess most people won't really care.