It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:47 pm 
Pokémon Master

(Ok, this is long, so I'm going to post one or two sections at a time so it's easier on your eyes. And a special thanks to Josiah for posting the way he does in ROM)

It was a rainy day when it happened. Lightening belted the ground as a cry came out from the town?s square.

?What?s that??
?Is it alive??
?It?s crying...?
Several townspeople crowded around the crib, peering at what was inside.
?Is that...?
?Yes, it is. It?s a baby!?
?Where did it come from??
?Quick, cover it up. Don?t let it get cold.?
?What shall we do with it??
?Let?s go ask Elder Sani.?
The townspeople carefully picked up the baby and walked to Elder Sani?s home.

?Whom is it?? Came a weary voice.
?Elder Sani, we found a baby outside...we don?t know what to do with it....? A girl spoke up.
Elder Sani opened the doors and the man holding the baby entered.
?Elder Sani...what shall we ever do with this newborn? It belongs to no one that we know of..? He spoke.
Elder Sani observed the child. After breathing deeply, he reached out his arms.
?I will raise this child as my own...for many years I wanted an heir to my property. I will raise her as if she was my own.? He announced. The townspeople nodded their heads in agreement.
?And she will know the truth at a right age....? He added as the townspeople agreed and left.
Taking the baby in his arms, he slowly cradled her in his arms.
?From this day on, you shall be named Demeter.? Elder Sani confirmed.

Several years later....

?I summon you Billy and Kanary!? A young girl stood at one edge of a battle as she summoned out her two monsters.
?Get out there Sparkz and Treep!? A boy that looked a little older than the girl stood at the other edge of the battle with his two monsters.
?Billy! Pebble Toss! Kanary, use Feather Spin!? The girl ordered.
?Counter with Flash Zapper and Root!? The boy yelled.
The four attacks collided.
?Now?s our chance! Zap Kick and Feather Spin!? The girl yelled.
?Try to counter it with Flash tackle; Arg! I lost!? The boy fell to his knees as his monsters returned to their cards.
?I did it! I did it!? The girl cheered as she hugged her two monsters. Billy bleated and Kanary chirped in happiness.
?What ever...it?s not like they?re even yours.? The boy stuck out his tongue before he started to walk away.
?Don?t say that Barren! Even if they?re my fathers, I still won fair and square.? The girl snapped back.
?What ever Demeter.? Barren flipped his hair before going into his home.
Demeter sighed and returned the monsters to their cards and headed home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:48 pm 
Pokémon Master

?I?m back.? Demeter announced, heading inside her home.
?Welcome back Demeter.? Elder Sani held a cup of tea in his hands. ?I watched you battle Barren today...?
Demeter blushed. ?Oh, that was just for fun....I think he went easy on my on purpose...?
?No, I think you?re becoming quite the battler. And as a reward, I want you to have Billy and Kanary as a gift.? Elder Sani smiled and took a sip of tea.
Demeter?s eyes widen. ?Oh, thank you father!? She ran up and hugged him.
Quote:
Billy-1/3-Electric/Ground-Pebble Toss, Zap Kick
Kanary-1/3-Wind-Feather Spin, Talon Strike

Elder Sani withdrew from his daughter.
?Demeter dear....you?re growing older...you must know something very important...? Elder Sani lead her into another room.
?What is it father?? She asked, holding tightly to her cards.
?You see...long ago when I was young, there came a visitor...from another world...she came to our area...and...? Elder Sani took in deep breath as Demeter listened carefully. ?She started to gather minions that helped her do her evil tasks. Such as...take over our village, steal our monsters, and other ruthless things. But with luck, somehow, something must of coded a special force field around our village so that no tainted heart can enter.? He stopped briefly to drink his tea.
Demeter thought for a second. ?Is the girl this Five Tails that I?ve heard of before?? She asked.
Elder Sani nodded his head yes.
?No one from our village has been able to stop her for reasons...Demeter, you know what an NPC is?? He asked.
Demeter thought for a second.
?No, can?t say that I?ve heard of that before, why father?? She asked.
?Well, you see, we can?t really stop Five Tails because NPC?s faiths have been planned out basically. But you Demeter....my daughter...you?re different. You?re not an NPC...? Elder Sani looked down.
Demeter raised an eyebrow.
?How can that be? Are you an NPC?? She asked.
Elder Sani nodded his head yes.
?So, I?m not one, but you are....so does that mean....?
?Yes Demeter...I?m not your real father.? He choked.
Demeter bit her arm sleeve.
?So...who is?? She asked, slowly developing tears.
Elder Sani sighed.
?I don?t really know...but one thing I do know is that you?re not an NPC, you?re from another world...one called Earth. There, when you were a baby, you somehow came to our world...I took you in and named you Demeter, which means Earth.? He explained.
Demeter got sore in the throat.
?So..why was I sent?? She questioned, wanting to sink into the carpet.
?We think that you were sent because only non NPC?s can decide their fate, and it is you that can defeat Five Tails. That?s why I made you train to battle so often as you grew older, and why I decided to give you my monsters when you were ready to learn of what I?m speaking of right now.? Elder Sani explained to Demeter.
Demeter took in several deep breaths.
?This is...unexpected. I always thought you were my father, but now...I feel like I belong no where...? She moistened her dry lips.
?Please Demeter. I still love you. But right now the magic code is wearing away, so that means Five Tails can get in at anytime and only you can defeat her. Please. Do it for all the townspeople that are depending on you. The ones that you grew up with. The ones that helped you when you needed help. The ones that supported you.? Elder Sani remarked. ?So please daughter...only you can save us..I know you can do it with Billy and Kanary.?
Demeter stared at the ground for some time before she spoke.
?Ok, I?ll do it. For the village that took me in.? She stood up.
?Wait...you have to pack...and take these with you.? Elder Sani handed his daughter several empty cards and another kind of card.
?What?s this?? She examined the extra card.
?It?s a Spell Card. They sometimes work...never in our town. Maybe it?ll work out there. Just incase.? He said as he began to pack her bag.
?Final Charge...sounds alright.? She stuffed the card in her back pocket.
?Well, they?re not too common around here. I managed to trade it from a traveling salesman.? He explained as he handed Demeter her bag.
?Well...I guess I?ll say goodbye to my friends.? She sighed, heading out with her father beside her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:49 pm 
Pokémon Master

?Oh We?ll miss you Demeter!?
?Take this cakes as a gift!?
?Here, take these cloths! They?ll keep you warm!?
?One last hug!?
?Come back soon!?
So many people said goodbye to Demeter before she left.
?Now, now, she has to go. For our fate rests with her.? Elder Sani smiled as Demeter was pushed away from the teary townspeople.
?Demeter, wait!? A boy came running at Demeter.
?Oh great, Barren. What does he want. A rematch?? She said dimly as the boy caught his breath as he appeared in front of her.
?Wait...let me come with you.? Barren panted.
Demeter looked oddly at Barren.
?Are you nuts?? She asked. ?You can?t!?
?Please? I know my Sparkz and Treep can help! I?ve been training as long as you and-?
?Does you mother know about this?? She asked cooly.
Barren nearly fell.
?Um...yea-no.? He sighed.
?Thought so.? Demeter sighed and started off.
?Wait...then, take this as a gift from me.? He handed her a card.
?What, your Sparkz? Are you sure?? She asked.
?Yes. Think of him as me when you battle. Plus he knows what?s good and what?s bad!? Barren blushed.
Demeter nodded and slipped Sparkz into her deck.
Quote:
Billy-1/3-Electric/Ground-Pebble Toss, Zap Kick
Kanary-1/3-Wind-Feather Spin, Talon Strike
Sparkz-1/3-Electric-Flash Tackle, Flash Zapper

?Will do Barren. Will do.? She gave him a hug before headed off.

?On the road again...I guess I?m on the road again...what, why do I have that song stuck in my head? I?ve never even heard that tune before, or have I?? Demeter thought for a second before she headed into the forest.
?Yay...forests. I?ll keep a monster out for company...? She looked at her newest monster?s card and summoned out Sparkz.
Sparkz looked at Demeter, abd then looked around frantically.
?Oh, don?t worry Sparkz. Barren just gave you to me as a gift. I?ll keep good care of you.? She smiled and Sparkz nodded.
After walking along period of time, Demeter grew tired and rested on a log.
?Man...maybe I should of asked where Five Tails was hiding before I went off...that?s just like me.? She sighed as Sparkz curled up at her feet.
?Guess you?re tired too.? She gave a small laugh before leaning onto the tree behind her. Just as she closed her eyes, she heard some rustling noises.
?Wha? Who?s there? I have monsters and I?m not afraid to use them!? She yelled, getting up.
Sparkz soon was growling at the mysterious sound.
Then a giant red lizard barged out.
?Aie! It?s one of those Red Drakes!? Demeter stepped back. ?Sparkz, scare it away with Flash Zapper!? She ordered.
Sparkz attacked the Red Drake.
The Red Drake roared unpleasantly and used some sort of fire attack on Sparkz.
?Sparkz, move and use Flash Tackle!? Demeter ordered.
Sparkz jumped out of the way and tackled the Red Drake.
The Red Drake shook his head and huffed out smoke. After some seconds, he shook his head again and started to walk away.
?Well...they?re not as fierce as I thought they were...? Demeter commented as Sparkz turned around and started to growl again.
?What is it boy?? Demeter turned around to see nothing. ?There?s nothing there Sparkz. Now come on, we have to train before we can defeat Five Tails. Ok?? She lightly kicked her feline monster. Sparkz stopped growling, but he wasn?t satisfied yet. He knew something was out there...
A cold wind passed by that made Demeter shiver.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:50 pm 
Pokémon Master

?Zapz, use Multi Striker!? Demeter ordered.
The evolved Zapz struck down the charging Zippos that was heading towards them.
?Good jog Zapz. I just wonder why these Zippos were charging like that...never seen them so, panicked.? She whispered, petting Zapz head.
Zapz gave a shrug to his trainer.
?Of course you wouldn?t know. I just wanted to state something.? Demeter bickered as they traveled along the trampled road.
?Well, something must of spooked them. Probably something...could it be?? She looked down at her electric cat like creature. ?We?ve been training for some months and captured another monster, you think we?re ready yet? Or do we still have enough time before the code falls?? She asked as she looked at her four cards.
Quote:
Ram-3/3-Electric/Ground-Lightening Horns, Sand Tornando, Rock Drop, AC/DC, Electrical Earthquake
Sparrow-2/3-Wind-Feather Spin, Talon Strike, Sharp Eye, Deep Claw, Mirage
Zapz-2/3-Electric-Flash Tackle, Flash Zapper, Multi Striker, Voltage, Electric Speed
Red Drake-3/3-Fire-Fireball Charge, Inferno Punch, Flare Tail, Pyro Charge, Flame Bite

?Catching that Red Drake was mainly for defense since he kept on ambushing us.? Demeter grumbled. ?Oh well. He?s not too bad so I guess there?s no harm in having him. He?s obedient. In battles I mean. Out of battle?s, he?s...gone.? Demeter sighed.
Zapz just looked at her oddly.
?Don?t give me that look. I just hope Barren?s ok. I?m sure you?ll love to go back to him when we go back him. Right?? She asked, smirking.
Zapz just gave a shrug.
?Yesh, you don?t have a personality.? She sulked.
Zapz rolled his eyes.
?Don?t you roll your eyes at me mister!? Demeter snapped as Zapz suddenly stopped and barked at the hollow forest.
?What is it boy? Trouble?? She asked, looking around frantically.
Zapz barked ahead as a boy rustled out of the bush with a hat on his head.
Demeter stared blankly at the boy.
?Um...hi??
The boy brushed off the dirt and leaves from his cloths and looked at Demeter.
?Excuse me ma?am. I just, lost my way is all. I?m just trying to figure out where Hidden Lake is. I guess it?s really hidden.? He reddened.
Demeter thought for a second. She never remembered a Hidden Lake. Of course, she didn?t know that she was a human for 16 years.
?Oh, well, I?ve never heard of the place, but if it?s a lake, I bet it?s not hard to miss.? She commented as Zapz kept on growling at the boy. ?Zapz. Quiet.? Demeter tried to hush her monster, but the giant cat wouldn?t halt. ?Fine, be that way.? She sighed, returning Zapz to his card. ?Sorry about that. Zapz?s not really a people person....?
?Oh, no problem. A lot of monster?s don?t like me. That?s why I don?t have any.? He shrugged.
Demeter looked at him confused.
?You travel these woods with out any monsters? That?s bravery and insanity.? She laughed as the boy shrugged.
?Never had any problems. Like I said, monster?s prefer to stay away from me. Oh well.? He had another shrug. ?Oh, by the way, my name?s Rio.? Rio smiled.
?Oh. My name?s Demeter, Rio.? Demeter smiled at the boy, then noticed the hat. ?What?s with the hat?? She asked, pointing at the hat.
?Oh what? This? Just something I threw on.? He shrugged again.
?Ok then. Well, where?s the Hidden Lake at? Maybe I can help you find it. I have nothing else better to do...? She said {But find where Five Tails is hiding...} She thought, walking beside Rio.
?So you know which way where this lake is?? Demeter asked.
?Yeah, somewhere over there.? He pointed to the north.
?Well, what are we waiting for. Let?s head that way.? Demeter smiled at Rio as they started to head north.
{And maybe I?ll find Five Tails before the code falls. I can just hope...}

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:50 pm 
Pokémon Master

Soon night fell and the two took shelter in a nearby cave.
?Ok, now we just got to make a fire...? Demeter went outside and gathered some wood, only to come back in to see that Rio already made one.
?Wow, you?re quick.? She remarked, dropping the twigs and roots on the ground.
?Well, I just got lucky with some stones.? Rio said bashfully.
Demeter sat on the opposite side of the fire from Rio.
?So, what?s at Hidden Lake? Why do you want to go there?? She asked curiously.
?Well, I have family up there...well, hopefully. You see, I lived in another village, but the this girl came and destroyed it. I got separated from my family, but we had a safety plan just in case to meet up at Hidden Lake if we ever got separated from an attack.? He explained.
Demeter thought for a second.
?Was this girl by any chance named Five Tails?? She asked.
Rio seemed a little shocked.
?Yeah, you heard of her??
Demeter kneeled upwards.
?Yeah, I?ve hear of, never seen her...apparently, I?m suppose to defeat her so I can save my village before the, code falls...? She bit her lip. ?And I don?t know how much time I have left...?
Rio looked at her with dreary eyes.
?Oh, I had no idea. Well, the same thing that happened to my village shouldn?t happen to yours..? He paused for a second. ?Ok, what about if I assist you? You know, help you find Five Tails. Like, we can?t wait around for her to appear, right??
Demeter seemed flabbergasted by Rio?s proposal.
?You mean it? Like, we just met this morning...?
Rio chuckled.
?It?s no biggy. I?m sure my family is safe. They have monsters, unlike me. So if I made this far, I?m sure that they can.?
Demeter nodded.
?Well, do you know where we should start heading?? She asked.
Rio pondered for a moment.
?Well, I thought I remembered her coming from the north west. Maybe we can head that way.? He shrugged.
Demeter nodded.
?Sounds good. I?m sure I can defeat her with my monsters!? She flashed her cards at Rio.
?Not bad, but I thought I heard that Five Tails was a nova level.? He said.
Demeter seemed confused.
?What?s a, nova level??
?Well, supposedly, there monsters that evolve into a final form. But not every monster can do so. The next thing strongest is a legendary one, but there?s only three of those guys, so I doubt they?re catch able. Imagine, a legendary monster that can be caught. If they?re so legendary, how come they can be caught?? He laughed at his own comment.
Demeter shrugged.
?Well, we should go to sleep. I would send out Zapz, but he seems sort of testy around you, so yeah.? She shrugged again, pulling out her blanket. ?Don?t you have a blanket? It?ll be cold without one...?
Rio laid onto the stone floor.
?Hasn?t stopped me before.? He smirked, stretching out like a cat on his back.
?Wow, you really know how to survive on your own.? Demeter commented, pulling up the blanket over her body. ?Are you sure you?ll be ok?? She asked again, semi concerned.
Rio breathed out a sigh.
?I?m sure I?ll be fine. Ok??
Demeter shrugged.
?Ok then...? She exhaled, lying back, and fell asleep.

Demeter awoke with a startle.
?Man, what a dream. I felt like I was being watch, but when I was younger-RIO!? She blurted, looking over to see her friend wasn?t there. ?Rio, where are you?? She yelled, packing her blanket away.
?Out here!? Rio shouted from outside the cave.
Demeter walked outside to see Rio shirtless and broken boulder, still with his hat on.
?So, did you do that?? Demeter asked, raising an eyebrow and looking at the smashed boulder.
Rio blushed.
?Yes. I know a little bit of what people call Martial Arts.? he admitted. ?Since I have no monsters, I prefer to protect myself. Only seems reasonable.?
Demeter crossed her arms.
?Well, I can?t see why you have to be shirtless.? She smirked, throwing him his shirt from the tree limb.
Rio snatched it in the air.
?I don?t want it to get dirty.? he replied, sliding it over his hat and putting it on.
Demeter rolled her eyes.
?So, shall we start going or what?? She asked.
Rio tossed her some sort of fruit.
?Have a little bit of food first. Traveling on an empty stomach is never a good idea.? He explained.
Demeter picked at the fruit.
?You?re like my father, Elder Sani.? She teased, smiling.
Rio redden.
?First time I got that. So, let?s go.? He stretched out his arms before they headed out.
?You know,? Demeter spoke up as they walked. ?I?ve never even heard about this Hidden Lake, but then again, I?ve hardly heard about many places.? She shrugged. ?What?s it like??
Rio thought for a second as they walked over a log.
?It?s a lake surrounded but trees. Nothing overly huge.? He stated.
Demeter nodded.
?Sounds interesting. I have to visit it someday.? She grinned, nudging him.
Rio nudged her back.
?If you want to.?
The breeze picked up a few leaves as the two walked on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:51 pm 
Pokémon Master

After some hours of walking in silence, Demeter finally started to speak up.
?You know, after all this time I?ve spent out here, I swear I should of met up with this Five Tails by now....right?? She asked Rio.
Rio shrugged.
?Orca is fairly big, and if she knew that you were after her, wouldn?t she run the other way?? He laughed.
Demeter smiled at the joke, but yet she wasn?t satisfied.
?Still...something doesn?t seem quite right....? Demeter rubbed her chin in thoughts as Rio scratched his back.
Demeter stopped when a Red Drake waddled in front of them.
?Yeesh, there?s more?? Demeter seemed surprised, thinking she caught the only one. ?I?ll take care of this Rio, okay?? She asked.
Rio shrugged.
?You?re the one who has the monsters.? He declared.
Demeter nodded.
?Go, Zapz!? She sent out her electrical cat like thing. ?Use Flash Tackle on the enemy!? She yelled.
Zapz growled and started for the Red Drake, but turned around and tackled Rio.
?ZAPZ! Bad boy!? Demeter tried to get Zapz off of Rio.
?Get off of me you beast!? Rio growled as Zapz hissed at him, only to grab his hat as Demeter pulled him off.
Demeter dropped Zapz, who still had Rio?s hat in his mouth, to see them. The ears.
Rio got up and brushed off the dirt, to see Demeter?s pale face.
?What? I got feline like ears. So?? He made so what like gestures.
Demeter totally forgot about the wild Red Drake, and stared ghostly at Rio.
?You?re, you?re a monster?? She asked.
Rio tried to get his hat back from Zapz, but he had a tight bit grip onto it.
?Yeah, I am. Anything else you want to know?? He snarled.
Demeter blinked several times.
?Are you, were you, working for her?? She asked.
Rio sighed.
?Yeah, I work for Five Tails....?
Demeter tried not to cry.
?Why? What? Why?? Is all she could say.
?I?m suppose to keep you busy long enough so that Five Tails can wait it out till the code falls and attack the village. And if you must also know, my full name is Rio Lion.? Rio Lion explained as a tail popped out his backside.
Demeter was almost in tears, but tried to hold them back.
?So...it all makes sense. And I guess Hidden Lake is just a lie, right?? Rio Lion nodded yes. ?And, can you answer me this. Why do you want to destroy my village?? She asked.
?Only Five Tails can answer that.? Rio explained.
?Well then, I guess, there?s no choice, but to get threw you and go back home.? She stood her ground as Zapz planted his feat in front of her, ready to attack Rio Lion, again.
Rio nodded, getting into position.
Quote:
Rio Lion-3/3-Ice/Dark-Chill Wind, Ice Explosion, Dark Touch, Freezing Overshadow, Instakill
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>So what if it says Link. It?s my picture!</span>

?Zapz! Let?s show Rio what we?re made of. Use Flash tackle again!? Zapz started to run at Rio.
Rio stuck out his hands.
?Chill wind!? He said as a chilling wind shot at Zapz that made him slow down.
Demeter shivered.
?Wait, I remember that feeling....that was you! Months ago, I felt that same wind, so it was him who Zapz was growling at, I guess he really can sense evil...? She whispered. ?Zapz, come on! You can do it! Use Electical speed than Multi striker!?
Zapz ran at a heavenly speed, dodging the chill wind and came contact with Rio.
Rio backed up a few paces, but shook it off.
?You think that puny monster can beat me? Hah!? he laughed.
Demeter tightened her grip on her knuckles.
{Barren?s monster is not puny...} She thought as Zapz started to transform.
?What? Zapz! You went into your third form! Electricutz!? She smiled as the electrical lion roared.
Quote:
Electricutz - 3/3 - Electric --> Flash Tackle, Multi Striker, Voltage, Electric Speed, Electric Heaven

?Electricutz! Attack with Multi striker!? She ordered. Electricutz shot the attack at Rio, who blocked most of them, but got hit in some places.
?Well, this will be interesting. Lion against lion...and even if you have the upper hand in strengths, I will still defeat you, child.? Rio jumped at Electricutz for a dark touch.
?Try to avoid it!? Demeter yelled.
Electricutz jumped out of the way, but Rio got to him and used the attack.
Losing some health, Electricutz snarled, but was still up.
?Come on! We can do this!? Demeter said in hopes. ?Use Electric Heaven!?
Electricutz roared as lightning bolts showered the area.
The lighning bolts not only hit Rio, but also scared off the Red Drake that was watching in confusion.
?Arg!? Rio Lion squalled, as he dropped to his knees. ?This is not over! I can still beat you! Instatkill!? He sent the legendary attack at Electricutz AND Demeter.
?Aiie!? Demeter covered her face with his arms, lowering them to see Electricutz nearly KO?d.
?We only have one more chance Electricutz...? Her memory sparked for a second. She grabbed a card from her jeans.
?What the moen is that?? Rio stared at the unusual card.
?It?s a spell card. I can only hope it works...Final Charge!? The card lite up and the light surrounded Electricutz. ?Use Electric Heaven!?
Rio?s eyes lite up in unwariness.
Electricutz roared with power as the hefty attack rained down on Rio, striking him several time, taking him down.
Demeter took in several deep breaths as she stared at the card that in trapped Rio Lion.
?Sorry for catching you, but I won?t keep you. You?re not who I thought you were...? She cried, picking up the card.
Electricutz panted as he walked over to Demeter?s side.
Demeter patted her well trusted monster, summoning him back into card form.
?You deserve a rest, and you, you deserve never to be let back out.? Demeter dug up some dirt and buried the card, resting an odd shaped rock over it.
?If I ever need you, I?ll look for you here.? She whispered, gathering her things, and headed back home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:52 pm 
Pokémon Master

No more than a few miles from home, a Kanary flew down onto Demeter?s shoulder.
?Why hello there.? She smiled, seeing a note tied to its leg. She undid it and read it to herself as the Kanary flew off.
Dear Demeter,
I know you?ve been gone for a long time, but you?ll be glad to know that our code is up and stronger than ever, but that doesn?t mean that we?re 100% immune to Five Tails.
Continue on your journey, and don?t come home till everything is right.
-Elder Sani

Demeter broke into tears as she read the letter.
?Don?t worry father, I will make everything right...even if it kills me.? She wiped away the tears from her face.
?Five Tails, you sent Rio after me, but I defeated him. Next time, it better just be you.? She shoved the note into her pocket before walking into the horizon.

(And that is that. Cliff hanger! Bwahaha!
Any questions that won?t spoil anything, or things that I just messed up royally, please feel free to post!

And to those who read the whole thing, I thank you for putting your eyes into danger ^^)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:59 pm 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

That was.....alot for one sitting. But still, it was really really good. Keep up the good work at all costs. I mean, just keep up the good work.

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Stevenson's Latin Phrase of the Week:

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:17 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

That? Long? Bah! Don't you remember shauni's old fanfic, Seeds of the Earth? THAT was long.

Yeah, that was really good! But... I do have a few things to say.

First of all, it wasn't just that Spell Cards didn't work in Orca, it was that the area couldn't handle their coding all together. It shouldn't have worked, but more than that, it shouldn't have existed... which leads me to my next point.

I can't take it any more! You always say 'must of' and could of'... It's 'must HAVE' and 'could HAVE'. Or 'must've' and 'could've'. The 'must of' thing is like, my nails on a chalk board...

And, well, did you have to use Sparkz? This kind of made it seem like the Pikachu of ROM. Josiah's the hero and he uses his electric-typed first monster all the time, and now it's the hero's main monster in ANOTHER story... do you have any idea how many Pokemon fan fics star a Pikachu?

And in case anyone's wondering what that 'Red Drake' really is...

PICK ME! PICK ME! It's a Salamander! Zuum with a Sub-breed of Dragon, from Monster Rancher 4! They're in the Kalaragi Jungle in that picture, and it's using the High Speed Ride trait! It runs so fast that it can escape battles with Stray Monsters! And the guy on its back is Phayne, the hero from Monster Rancher 4! Doesn't he just reek of 'Main Character'? Almost as much as Salamander reeks of AWESOME!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:46 pm 
Pokémon Master

To answer all of your comments Silver; A wizard did it.

Note, most of the time when I wrote this was at night after watching Final Destination, so my mind was like 'bleargal' and may I also say that this has 100% no effect on the real ROM. It's like people writing fan fics on pokemon saying they caught all the legendaries.

And as for the Red Drake part, I knew you would get that since I coughed it up from a MR site.

And she only used Zapz/Sparkz/Electricutz because he knew that Rio was evil, so she wanted him to take care of something that he wanted to.....meep?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:00 am 
Mew

Certainly not a bad start. Silver already mentioned a couple things I was going to comment on so there's just one left.

Why does Rio use Mecha Overdrive? That's the legendary metal attack. Being a dark/ice type he should use either Shattered Soul (ice legendary) or Instakill (dark legendary).

Anyway, I look forward to reading the rest. ^_^

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:48 am 
Pokémon Master

Crap! I even wrote down Instakill...thanks for catching that Josiah!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:06 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Speaking of Rio... did you get that from an MR site, too? That happens to be the name of your asistant on the ranch - after Yuki goes back to the Togle Shop, that is. Rio also happens to be a girl... that can talk to monsters and visits your farm before Yuki goes back to the shop because she likes to talk to Mockruji, who happens to be a big ol' creepy tree thing. Yeah. And I lost you again.

And I don't mean, 'why'd you use him for the battle?' I mean, 'why'd you use him at all?' The beutiful thing about ROM is that you can make up as many new creatures as you want... and while there should be some monsters that appeared in the original ROM, you never saw her using Billy or Kanary at all after she got Sparkz. Meh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:55 pm 
Pokémon Master

I used the name Rio because it means 'king' in english. (It's a french word)

And well, I already use Ram and Roc Eagle (Yup, that's Billy's and Kanary's final forms. Ram doesn't have a nova form) in the real ROM and I wanted to try a different monster.
And besides, this is just for fun. I don't see why you have to critize which monsters I use <_<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:30 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Sorry! It just seemed too... cliched and Pikachu-ish to go without mention. I don't have anything against Sparkz, it just seems kind of odd to be using it when you can make up something new that hasn't had a chance to shine yet...