It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:09 pm 
Random Trainer

The Tensho Era

It is the Tensho Era. In the first year of the Tensho, a falling star split the skies. Now, in the second year of Tensho, Lord Oda Nobunaga is sending his unholy armies across Japan, slowly conquering it with each passing day. Any and all who have stood in his way have died. His armies have destroyed hundreds of ninja clans and schools and hundreds of villages. Rumors were going through the remaining clans and villages that Nobunaga wasn't merely a man, that he was half demon as well.

The most devastating losses thus far have been the three ninja clans of Kasumi, Hyuga, and Hagakure. It is said that the clans were also the guardians of three mystic weapons of sorcery. Kasumi possessed a short sword. Hyuga guarded a sword. Hagakure watched over a halberd (spear that has two blades on it). No one really knows what became of these three weapons of sorcery but it is known that Nobunaga did not find them.

Unbeknownst to everyone, a member of each of the three clans has escaped Nobunaga's armies and taken the weapons with them. This is where our story begins.

ImageImage
If you haven't guessed as much, I used to be Artemis around these parts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:51 pm 
Random Trainer

Chapter 1

It was a hot day, especially in the country side of Edo. A lone figure wearing a tattered brown cloak was sitting beside a stream, drinking the water from a small bowl. The surrounding trees provided some relieving shade. It was quiet except for the soft sound of the flowing water and the chirping of the cikaidas. The figure finished the water and put the bowl down.
"How long do you intend to remain hidden there?", the figure asked suddenly. It was a woman's voice. "How did she hear us?", a voice asked from within a near-by bush. "I don't know...", replied another voice. The bushes stirred and two men stood up out of them. One was a small skinny white man and the other was a tall huskey black man.
The woman stood up slowly and calmly turned to face them. These were clearly some mountain bandits. "This is our stream. If you want to drink from it, you have to pay us all your money.", said the skinny one. "Or...", the black man walked over to her and placed an arm around her shoulders. "You can pay us in some other way." "Take your filthy hands off me!", the woman said in a firm voice, no expression forming on her face. "What!?", the black man said with an angry tone. He took his arm off her shoulders and moved in front of her. The woman suddenly took a step back and flipped backwards onto a stone in the stream.
Neither of the bandits had seen her draw her blade, a short sword. The black man stood there, completely stunned. There were three long deep gashes in his stomach and chest. The woman held up her blade in horizontal position and said, "Kasumi, Three-way Thrust."
Almost immediately, the man fell to his knees and then the ground, bleeding heavily. "Giro!", the other bandit cried. "You little....", he was cut off. "You're no match for her. I'll take care of it." This voice belonged to a tall white man leaning back against a near-by tree.
He had long dark brown hair that reached his lower back. He was wearing a white and blue kimono. A sword hung at his side. His eyes were a deep brown and in the shade of the tree, they looked black. The woman was silent.
"So, you're a Kasumi ninja. I heard that their entire clan was destoryed.", the man said. "I am the last one.", the woman replied. "Well then, why don't you join your clan?", the man said and drew his sword. It gleamed in the sun's light. The woman took a defensive stance, preparing for his attack.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:22 am 
Articuno

Kasumi: Japanese for Mist or fog. Mist Ninga :suspicious:

I really like this Fanfic so far. Keep up the good work! :thumbs up:

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Image Image Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:38 pm 
Random Trainer

Thank you. I'm so glad you like it. I sure will keep it up. ^_^

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:58 pm 
Random Trainer

Chapter 2

The man dashed at her and swung at her from the side. He was fast but... She guarded with her blade and jumped back from him. Still no emotion showed on her face.
The man made another dash at her and attempted to drive his blade straight through her. At the last possible second, when his blade should have impaled her, she jumped up and on top of the blade. A split second later, she had flipped off the blade and on to a tree branch behind the man.
He didn't turn to face her immediately. Her cloak fell from the tree, revealing the woman underneath. She was white with fair skin, not tanned but not pale either. She was just a few inches shorter than him. She had a sleek and slender form. Her long hair was a nice shade of brown and was tied up in a ponytail. A length of bangs hung down, untied. Her eyes were dark blue. She wore a short blue kimono that came down to a few inches above her knees.
The short sword which she wield appeared to be giving off a slight blue glow. The man turned and looked up at her. His blade possessed the same glow as her's. "Who are you? What is your name?", he asked.
"Amaya Nyatsu of Kasumi.", she replied. "I'm Mykeal Tomishima of the Hyuga ninja clan.", said the man. "Hyuga ninja? I heard their clan was wiped out as well.", said Amaya. "I'm also the last of my clan.", replied Mykeal. "I see-..." She was cut off by a loud scream.
Both turned to see the other bandit coughing up blood and then falling to the ground, a large deep gash in his back. Suddenly, they were surrounded by demons that had the heads of birds but had two arms and two legs. Their bodies were covered completely in black feathers. Long claws came from their hands and their beaks were long and pointed. Eyes that were pure red stared at the two ninja.
They had appeared very quickly out of nowhere. Suddenly, a necklace of giant metal beads shot out and struck the tree branch Amaya was standing on. It crushed the wood easily and the branch broke. Amaya was suprised and fell with branch. Mykeal dashed and caught her before she hit the ground. The beads returned themselves to a man standing in the center of the bird demons.
He had truely appeared out of nowhere. He wore a metal mask over his face. His skin was a dark grayish color and he had gray hair. He was huskey and very strong with bulging muscles in his arms. Mykeal set Amaya down on her feet and asked, "And you are?".
"Jinnai Saegusa, the First of the Seven Ninja of Oboro.", replied the man. He made a gesture with his hand and the demons surrounding him charged at the ninja. Mykeal easily cut through them, severing their heads or cutting them in half. Amaya struck them down easily as well. But these were not your average demons.
The bodies stood up and reformed new heads or top halves. Bodies grew from the severed heads. Twice the original number of demons now stood surrounding the two ninja. "You can't win.", said Jinnai.
Suddenly, a voice filled the air. It was chanting in the tongue of buddhist priests. The demons slowly started dropping to the ground and falling to dust, which blew away in a wind which seemed to come out of nowhere. "I don't believe it.", Jinnai said. "There's still someone who can errect buddhist wards as strong as this..."
Amaya and Mykeal looked around as the demon remains were blown away. Jinnai decided to take his leave. "We will meet again.", he said as he disappeared into nothing.
Soon after his departure, the chanting stopped. "You're welcome, ninja warriors.", said the voice. It came from a small man sitting on a near-by boulder hidden in the trees. He was wearing a weed-woven hat and priest garments. He held in his hand a golden staff with three golden rings hanging on it. Amaya and Mykeal approached him slowly. The cikaidas started chirping again.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:33 pm 
Blaziken

I like your story very much, and am curious about the history of Nobunaga.
However, I do have some suggestions.
I know you can't really indent, but I think you should try to make your paragraphs more 'correct.' Firstly, when someone speaks, a new paragraph is created. And although the chapters are small, your paragraphs are big, especially Chapter 2.
My only other thought is about the races. Correct me if I am wrong, but before the Meiji Era, (well even today, Asian is still a majority), I don't believe there were many other races except that of Asian in Japan. But I can see the slight possibility of there being others.
I like your descriptions, though more of a vocabulary would help.
Still, quite good. Keep it going!

And this isn't a fanfiction. It's based off something real, not off of a cartoon, game, ect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:33 pm 
Random Trainer

Actually, it's based off an anime movie. Wrath of the Ninja, The Yotoden Movie. Though, that movie is sort of a history, I think. About the Asian thing, in the movie, the characters didn't really appear Asian at all. One character had red hair and another had brown. Their skin was white. Sorry for my paragraphs, they're fixed now. ^_^

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:06 am 
Blaziken

I was just trying to help.
I didn't know it was based off an anime. I assumed, you were writing from history. Well, good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:09 pm 
Random Trainer

I know. ^_^ Thank you.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:33 pm 
Random Trainer

Mind mentioning where you got the name "Hyuga"? *innocent grin*

Its spelling is very similar to the Hyuuga clan from Naruto. ^^

Other than that, this is a pretty darn good story. Keep it up, Artemis. :thumbs up:

Meh Siggy Site
And another one because they decreased the number of allotted pages on free sites

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:40 pm 
Random Trainer

Honestly, it was a clan in the movie. ^_^

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:37 pm 
Random Trainer

I'm not saying you stole it or anything. I just found the resemblance interesting. ^^

Meh Siggy Site
And another one because they decreased the number of allotted pages on free sites

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:18 pm 
Random Trainer

I know, I was just saying where it came from. ^_^

ImageImage