It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:18 am 
Random Trainer

Okay, I came up with this plot one day when I was listening to this tape. One of the songs had a nice story, so I developed it into this.
~~~

The Tower
?But his words were lost in the wind.
His castle was built upon sand.
All he has is a memory,
And all he yearns is her hand..
Oh, oh, oh-oh-oh-oh. La-la-la-la-la-la-la.
All he has is this memory,
And all he yearns is her hand.?
As the song ended, Anthony smiled and turned off the tape. Of all the melodies he had recorded, ?The Tower? was his favorite. It was extremely enchanting, but the so-called ?great lord? the song was about reflected his own nature. He personally thought that the man in the song was foolish to have fallen for the girl he found one day while hunting and had resolved never to love anyone. He looked out the window and, seeing that it was a bright, clear blue with fluffy white clouds, picked up a net-launcher, slipped a few Luxury Balls into his pocket, and left his mansion.
Anthony was not a Pok?mon trainer. On the contrary, he collected them. His grandfather was Lawrence III, and he was after the same thing. He went after rare Pok?mon only. Those that he succeeded in snaring were kept in a building he had built behind his magnificent white marble mansion. So far, he had collected an Eevee and one of each of its five evolutions. Also in his ?zoo? was a Chansey, Blissey, Cleffa, Clefairy, Clefable, Igglybuff, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Bagon, Shellgon, Salamence, Lunatone, and Solrock. He was far from finishing his collection of all rare Pok?mon, but he had a wish he yearned to fulfill; to capture a legendary like his grandfather had.

Meh Siggy Site
And another one because they decreased the number of allotted pages on free sites

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:22 am 
Random Trainer

That morning, he decided to comb the forest that grew around his mansion. He hadn?t gotten very far when a light wind made all the plants nearby rustle gently. Anthony breathed in deeply. The wind carried a cool, minty scent. Then another, louder rustle made him look up. When he did, he stopped moving. A very large bird of some sort was sitting in a tree, apparently preening itself. The man squinted at it; the sun was in the way. He still couldn?t tell what Pok?mon it was, but it looked valuable. He squinted harder. It also seemed to be white. The bird suddenly spread its wings and flew into the sky. Anthony followed it with his eyes. As it passed out of the sun?s rays, he stared.

A snow-white Articuno! The bird was a beautiful, completely white Ice legendary, complete with blue eyes. He couldn?t believe his luck. The net-launcher was at his shoulder and his finger was closing on the trigger before he had second thoughts. The Articuno paused and hovered, having found a berry in a tree. Then the electrically charged net burst from the launcher and wrapped around the beautiful thing. The Articuno cried out, flapping her wings uselessly. She turned and flew a short distance, then fell, down through the trees and out of sight. He heard a series of cracks as branches gave way and a light thud as she hit the grassy floor.
Heart pounding, Anthony tore through the underbrush. He had done it! Soon, his collection would have the legendary he had always coveted. His hand reached into his pocket and took out the Luxury Ball, caressing its curves. But when he reached the clearing where she must have fallen, she was no longer under the net. Indeed, she was no where to be seen at all. Anthony fumed. He had almost had her! How did she get out? He inspected the net with a pair of rubber gloves and found no fault with it. Only a human could have gotten out from under it, and the Articuno had been no human.

In frustration, he wadded the net up and reloaded it into his net-launcher. He searched the immediate area, then walked in steadily increasing concentric circles, eyes searching for any flashes of brilliant white. Suddenly, he saw a glimmer of white off in the distance. He plowed through the bushes toward it, completely disregarding the frightened glances he got from wild Absol. He stopped at the edge of a clearing. In front of him was a young woman, and she was beautiful.

A white dress flowed down her slim frame like water, and a long white cape fell from her shoulders. She had a small white flower in her hair and elbow-length white gloves. A pair of white slippers peeked out from under the trim of her dress. Her hair was white too, but there was no age in her face. A strange thing about her, however, was that she had two, very small wings upon her head, and her hair fell in arcs and curves like an extremely graceful bird?s tail. The girl stood with her hands clasped in front of her and her head hanging down. It was then that he noticed that she seemed to be in pain. There was a drooped feeling about her. The sight of her drove all thoughts of the white Articuno from his head, she was so enchanting.

He immediately thought of her as his, as though there was no question about it. Now he had to make her come with him. He reached into a pocket and drew out several Nuggets. He offered them to her, but she didn?t look at them. Anthony desperately searched his other pocket and found a Star Piece and a small bag full of Big Pearls. These he offered her as well, but she struck out with a hand and knocked them out of his grasp as though angry. Getting desperate, he dropped to both of his knees in front of her and clasped her hands in his. Only then did she look up at him.
Her eyes were an icy blue, tinged with the color of the sky and the shallow ocean waters. He wanted her even more and begged her. ?Please, come with me! Your every whim shall be my command; I promise I?ll find anything you want!? The girl stood quietly, as if she were regarding him.

?I?ll go with you only if you promise never to hunt rare Pok?mon ever again,? she said at last. ?Spare them from your net and leave them to their own devices.? Her words fell on deaf ears. Anthony had no intention of carrying out what she said, but had almost fainted from the sound of her voice. It was like wind in the trees, and for a moment he thought he smelled a whiff of mint. Then it was gone. He seized her roughly.

?If you won?t come,? he breathed into her ear, ?I?ll take you with me.? He pulled an uncharged net from the storage area at the back of his launcher. Working quickly, he had soon bundled her up and tied the ends of the net together. The girl lay on the floor, unable to stand or sit. Grinning, Anthony picked her up and walked back to his mansion with her slung over one shoulder. His free arm held the net-launcher.

He reached the perfectly mowed lawn of his mansion quickly. ?Now, where shall we keep the little bird?? he asked her, not expecting an answer. She looked at him from her seat on the floor where he had put her. Her eyes were filled with sorrow, but he ignored it. Snapping his fingers, he said, ?I know just the place,? and walked off with her on his shoulder again, leaving his net-launcher for the servants to pick up.

When he had built his mansion, he had found a ruined tower not far from the construction site. As soon as he could, he had the tower restored and furnished as a sort of guest house. It was here that he walked with the white-clad woman. He opened the door, walked in, and slammed it shut behind him. The door had been closed for a mere one minute before the sky darkened quickly. All the Pidgey, Spearow, and other bird Pok?mon left the sky, taking shelter in trees. The heaviest downpour anyone ever knew followed, complete with thunder and lightning.

Inside the tower, meanwhile, Anthony walked up all the stairs to the uppermost room. Here, everything was upholstered in the finest of materials and hand-embroidered with flowers and other such designs. There was but a single window in the room, framed by frosty curtains. The man walked over to the bed?which was rather large with flowered sheets and a feather-down pillow?and sat the woman down. He then undid the net and tossed it contemptuously aside. She looked up at him passively.

?You?ll regret this action,? she said softly. Anthony laughed in disbelief and walked out, locking the door behind him. Over the course of the next week or so, Anthony visited the girl in the masters chamber. She didn?t say anything more, but occasionally he would hear her sing when he wasn?t in the room. It was a sad, lamenting song, but he couldn?t make out the words. He tried to engage her in conversations, but she never said anything. Once, she parted her lips and Anthony eagerly awaited her words. When she said, simply, ?Leave them in peace,? he was disappointed and left her room early to retire to his mansion.

That night, the ongoing storm reached its peak. Hail appeared and rained down on the grasses, flattening them. The rain beat a steady barrage on the roofs and the thunder and lightning kept many people up, Anthony included. That morning, the sun was out again. No one knew the strange reason why a heavy storm cleared up overnight. Anthony didn?t know either, but he didn?t care. All he cared about was the girl he had locked in the tower. He rode his Rapidash to the tall building, tethered it by the door, and leaped up the stairs. She would look even more beautiful in the light, he
reasoned.

When he came to the room and threw open the door, she was not on the bed. He stared at the place where she must have been just moments before, a numbing shock settling in; his heart knew what had happened even if he himself didn?t. He looked around the entire room without finding as much as a trace of the girl he so deeply loved. A he neared the window, he saw something that made him stop dead, horrified. With a small cry, he ran to the sill and picked up something from the floor.
It was a single feather, white as snow and clearly from the tail of an Articuno.
~~~
For many days afterward, Anthony spent most of his time searching the woods, calling in a heartbroken voice to the girl that had disappeared. He refused to eat, only taking some water once in a while. One day, having been coaxed inside by his servants, he looked out the window during his first real meal in days and saw a white bird, flying away. ?No, come back!? he cried and ran from the mansion. The servants looked after him quizzically, then one glanced out the window. Nothing was there but the surrounding forest, the sky, and a cloud that looked mysteriously like a bird.

Anthony didn?t return all the rest of that day. After another day or so, his servants grew rather concerned and dispatched a search party into the forest. After looking around for hours, they found him, lying face-down in the grass. One arm was stretched out in front of him, as though he was reaching for something. The other was bent underneath him. At first, the servants thought he had been knocked out. Then one crept closer and realized that he was dead. The dozen or so men held a brief, silent vigil, then another one turned him over. Old tears stained his face, which was sunk deep in sorrow, and his eyes were closed. The hand that was bent still clutched something in it.

With some difficulty, the servants pried it open. Out fell the twisted, crushed feather that Anthony had found that morning in the girl?s room. A hush fell over the people surrounding his body. Then a wind began to blow. The youngest one there commented in a small voice that it smelled of mint. He was quickly hushed by his elders as all of them listened. Sweet music came to their ears, and it sounded very familiar:

?But his words were lost in the wind.
His castle was built upon sand.
All he has is a memory,
And all he yearns is her hand..
Oh, oh, oh-oh-oh-oh. La-la-la-la-la-la-la.
All he has is this memory,
And all he yearns is her hand.?

It was the song Anthony had listened to so much: ?The Tower.? And when they looked up, they could clearly see a white Articuno flying away over the trees.

Meh Siggy Site
And another one because they decreased the number of allotted pages on free sites

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:41 am 
Articuno

That was beautiful!

Wow, I mean...Wow!

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Image Image Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:39 am 
Random Trainer

Thanks. I actually got most of that story from they song's lyrics, so I don't think that plot is strictly mine... *shifty eyes*

Meh Siggy Site

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:28 am 
Pokémon Champion

Dang. That was incrediable. Very nicely done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:23 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

8-/ ...Wow. Just... wow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:49 am 
Articuno

you really should consider writing more

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Image Image Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:48 pm 
Random Trainer

Thanks. ^-^ It's not every day I come up with something like this.

Meh Siggy Site