It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:00 pm 
Pokémon Master

Coming back from my short hiatus with a bang. So here's the dealio: I thought it would be fun to take a bunch of characters from various animes, movies, video games and TV shows and make them fight in a tournament-style thing. Here's the list so far (NOTE: all matches are chosen randomly using a spreadsheet.):

Darth Vader (Star Wars)

Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Pong Paddle (Pong)

Barney the Dinosaur

Pikachu (Pokemon)

The Tenth Doctor (Doctor Who)

Arthas the Lich King (Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne)

Mario (Super Mario Bros.)

Ayumu “Osaka” Kasuga (Azumanga Daioh)

Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)

Link (Legend of Zelda)

The Hulk

Terminator (Terminator)

Bowser (Super Mario Bros.)

Chuck Norris

Iron Man

Godzilla (Gojira)

Shinji Ikari (Neon Genesis Evangelion)

Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto)

Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic The Hedgehog)

King Kong (King Kong)

Superman

The Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers

Ichigo Kurosaki (BLEACH)

Batman

Son Goku (Dragon Ball franchise)

Simon Cowell (American Idol)

Gordon Freeman (Half-Life)

Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong Country)

Edward Elric (Full Metal Alchemist)

Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)

Tyrant (Resident Evil)

Guybrush Threepwood (Curse of Monkey Island)

Yoda (Star Wars franchise)

Banjo (Banjo Kazooie)

Portgas D. Ace (One Piece)

Kirby (Kirby’s Dream Land)

Slowbro (Pokemon)

Slime (Dragon Quest)

Sam and Max (Sam and Max)

Charizard (Pokemon)

Kosuke Ueki (Law of Ueki)

Hannah Montana

SHODAN (System Shock)

Rock Lee (Naruto)

Marcus Fenix (Gears of War)

Samus Aran (Metroid)

Light Yagami (Death Note)

Sepiroth (Final Fantasy VII)

Luigi (Super Mario Bros.)

Hydralisk (Starcraft)

Spiderman

Phoenix Wright (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney)

Duke Nukem (Duke Nukem)

James Bond (007 films)

Sogeking (One Piece)

Ryu (Street Fighter)

WEEGEE

Inuyasha (Inuyasha)

Dalek (Doctor Who)

Kratos (God of War)

Tony Hawk

Niko Bellic (Grand Theft Auto IV)

Wario (Wario Land)

Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)

AiAi (Super Monkey Ball)

Ratchet (Ratchet & Clank)

Weighted Companion Cube (Portal)

The Angry Video Game Nerd

Killer Rabbit (Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

Cat Face

Thrall (Warcraft III)

The Alien (Alien)

Big Daddy (Bioshock)

Albert Wesker (Resident Evil)

L (Death Note)

Tidus (Final Fantasy X)

Mega Man (Mega Man)

Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat)

Spongebob Squarepants

Fox McCloud (Star Fox)

Yugi Moto (Yu-Gi-Oh!)

Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Carribean)

Ivy (Soul Caliber)

Stewie Griffin (Family Guy)

Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive)

Master Chief (Halo)

Sailor Moon (Sailor Moon)

Kakashi (Naruto)

Yusuke Urameshi (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Soap MacTavish (Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare)

Shining Gundam (G Gundam)

Pac-Man (Pac-Man)

Grue (Zork)

Indiana Jones

Kent Swanson (Dead Rising)

Altair (Assassin’s Creed)

The Arbiter (Halo)

The O RLY Owl

Seto Kaiba (Yu-Gi-Oh!)

Let me know if you think I missed anyone important Now, let the battles begin!

Battle One!!!

Chuck Norris VS Lara Croft (Tomb Raider franchise)

Lara starts the fight by shooting at Chuck Norris with her pistols; however, this fails because guns don't kill people: Chuck Norris kills people. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicks Lara so hard that his foot breaks the speed of light, goes back in time and kills Lara Croft before she was born.

WINNER: Chuck Norris.

Battle Two!!!

Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat) VS The Master Chief (Halo series)

Sub-Zero immediately freezes The Master Chief's gun, rendering it useless and forcing The Chief to engage in hand-to-hand Kombat. Unfortunately for Sub-Zero, MJOLNIR Mark VI Powered Assault Armour is surprisingly effective at repelling punches. And fortunately for the Chief, simply hitting somebody in Halo is infinitely more powerful than shooting them. The Chief uses his frozen rifle to bash Sub-Zero's face in.

WINNER: The Master Chief

Battle Three!!!

Edward Elric (Full Metal Alchemist) VS Lich King Arthas (Warcraft series)

Edward turns his automail arm into a blade and charges at Arthas. Arthas responds simply by raising his hand, causing scores of skeletal warriors to rise from the ground. After staring for a few seconds with his jaw agape, Ed s**ts himself when he realizes that he's up against the immortal ruler of the undead. Arthas then raises a Frost Wyrm, which eats Ed.

Winner: Arthas

More later.

Last edited by Doodleshark on Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:05 pm 
Pokémon Legend

You forgot Marth...

And Doctor who is on there twice.

............ - Gender: Male; Type: Fighting, Flying; Abilities: Guts, Inner Focus; Attacks: Leech Life, Leer, Low Kick, Revenge. Level 15

Sudonette - Gender: Male; Type: Rock, Ghost; Abilities: Insomnia, Rock Head; Attacks: Knock Off, Copycat,Rock throw, Curse. level 5

Metarion(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Metal; Abilities: Shield Dust, Sturdy; Attacks: Metal Claw, Tackle, Mud-Slap, Headbutt. Level 8

Shieldyu(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Water, Ground; Abilities: Sturdy, Natural Cure; Attacks: Tackle, Protect, Rapid Spin, take down. Level 5

Lola - Gender: Female; Type: Psychic, Flying; Abilities: Inner Focus, Synchronize; Attacks: Teleport, Leech Life, Leer

Silver wrote:
I love you The n00b. You don't have to be jealous of actual n00bs. There's only room in my heart for you. I'm just... disappointed that you left me for so long. It was lonely... you promised you'd write to me, but you never did... the months passed by, and I still thought of you every day, but you never called. I never got any letters from you.

So eventually, I started to lose faith... I thought you had been killed in that terrible, terrible war. Or maybe that you had forgotten about me. It's been so long, you probably found another girl over there... I never stopped loving you, but I didn't think you cared about me anymore, so welcoming you back just would have been too painful for me... I'm sorry. I'm glad you've come back home *sniff*

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:03 pm 
Pokémon Master

Blastotoise wrote:
You forgot Marth...

This tournament is supposed to be super awesome and manly. Marth looks like a girl.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:24 pm 
Pokémon Legend

Then what about Ike?

............ - Gender: Male; Type: Fighting, Flying; Abilities: Guts, Inner Focus; Attacks: Leech Life, Leer, Low Kick, Revenge. Level 15

Sudonette - Gender: Male; Type: Rock, Ghost; Abilities: Insomnia, Rock Head; Attacks: Knock Off, Copycat,Rock throw, Curse. level 5

Metarion(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Metal; Abilities: Shield Dust, Sturdy; Attacks: Metal Claw, Tackle, Mud-Slap, Headbutt. Level 8

Shieldyu(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Water, Ground; Abilities: Sturdy, Natural Cure; Attacks: Tackle, Protect, Rapid Spin, take down. Level 5

Lola - Gender: Female; Type: Psychic, Flying; Abilities: Inner Focus, Synchronize; Attacks: Teleport, Leech Life, Leer

Silver wrote:
I love you The n00b. You don't have to be jealous of actual n00bs. There's only room in my heart for you. I'm just... disappointed that you left me for so long. It was lonely... you promised you'd write to me, but you never did... the months passed by, and I still thought of you every day, but you never called. I never got any letters from you.

So eventually, I started to lose faith... I thought you had been killed in that terrible, terrible war. Or maybe that you had forgotten about me. It's been so long, you probably found another girl over there... I never stopped loving you, but I didn't think you cared about me anymore, so welcoming you back just would have been too painful for me... I'm sorry. I'm glad you've come back home *sniff*

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:09 pm 
Pokémon Legend

Yeah, I wish you had some Fire Emblem characters in there somewhere.
Like Hector or Tibarn or Caineghis or Deghensia or...*rambles on*
Otherwise, it's cool. *ish waiting for Link's fight*

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:39 am 
Pokémon Master

Doodleshark wrote:
Blastotoise wrote:
You forgot Marth...

This tournament is supposed to be super awesome and manly. Marth looks like a girl.

OBJECTION!

THIS TESTIMONY CONTRADICTS THE EVIDENCE! KIRBY IS NOT A MANLY CHARACTER! NEITHER IS PIKACHU OR BARN-*shot*

Errr, they did something like this on GamesRadar once and it was awesome. Good luck, Doodle.

My tunes :-)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:21 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

That's all great, but... it was a mistake to put both Chuck Norris and Sogeking on there. Because the final round will inevitably be Chuck Norris vs. Sogeking, and then we'll find out that Chuck Norris IS Sogeking, and he'll have to fight himself but he'll never be able to lose so the fight will never end.

...What?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:03 pm 
Pokémon Master

Cheezdude wrote:
Errr, they did something like this on GamesRadar once and it was awesome.

:drop: Umm... they totally ripped that idea off of me. Yeah. :whistle:

Anyways, MOAR!!!

Battle Four!!!

AiAi (Super Monkey Ball) VS Hydralisk (Starcraft)

The Hydralisk does what it does best and fires several armour-piercing spines at AiAi. AiAi, however, is protected by a plastic shell that can withstand rolling at several hundred miles per hour over rough terrain, something the Terran's stupid NeoSteel can't even come close to. AiAi then takes advantage of the shell by rolling it up to several hundred miles per hour and turning the Hydralisk into a stain on the ground.

Winner: AiAi

Battle Five!!!

Wario (WarioWare series) VS Charizard (Pokemon)

Wario rides his motorcycle into the battle in an attempt to run Charizard down. Unfortunately, he forgets to take into account that Charizard is capable of flight, and thus can easily dodge such attacks. Wario loses control of his motorcycle and crashes it into some rocks, resulting in much laughter from the audience. Undeterred, Wario then unleshes a large blast of methane gas from his ass (woah, that rhymes. I should be a poet... or a rapper!-*shot.*). *Ahem.* Anywho, Wario once again forgets to take something into account (two things this time actually). First, Methane gas is flammable. Secondly, Charizard can breathe fire, thus providing a convenient source to light the methane.

Boom. All that was found of Wario were two fingers and a pink lacy thong.

Winner: Charizard

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:22 pm 
Random Trainer

Dude! what about Macguyver?

http://www.pokeplushies.com/feed/785421
ImageImageImageImageImage
Hyperion(4); Gender - Male; Abilities - Blaze, Keen Eye;Attacks - Leer, Tackle,Ember,Double Team;Holding - Nothing
Celsius(4) - Gender: Female; Type: Bug, Ice; Abilities: Shed Skin, Inner Focus; Attacks: Powder Snow, Protect,Double Team,Tackle
Cobra(4) - Gender: Female; Type: Water, Poison; Abilities: Shed Skin, Storm Drain; Attacks: Mud-Slap, Leer, Harden,Bite
Eric (2) - Gender: Male; Type: Psychic, Flying; Abilities: Trace, Keen Eye; Attacks: Growl, Gust, Sand-Attack
Bruce (3) - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Fighting; Abilities: Guts, Sand Veil; Attacks: Tackle, Poison Sting,Absorb, Helping Hand

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:19 am 
Blaziken Level 100

Hey, this is pretty good, you should add more.I'd love to see who wins.