It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:01 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

Reminiscence (As written to "Reminicesence" from the Genso Suikoden 2 Soundtrack)
- By Ryan Antonio (aka Simeon Avaenjis)

((Author's note: The idea for this was originally for the comic contest, but it deviated too far from the theme, so it became a stand-alone fan-fic...))

((Arigatou, Shauni-sama, for allowing me to post this. ^^))

The sun shone brightly was a blue cloaked being walked alone in the woods, carrying a small basket of flowers and special fruits in his frightening-looking paws. One hand was nothing more than a skeleton and the other hand was made of steel. The green eyes underneath the being's hood glowed slightly, memories swimming behind the furrowed brow of the gray-furred lion-man's face.

He was Simeon... the last living member of the first set of Holy Warriors that guarded the Other-Worldy Priestess years ago. Simeon was also the guardian of the forest children: orphans that had fled the destruction of their villages caused by a maniac... a young man whom Simeon knew as well.

His mind drifted to happier days.

--flashback--

... A few days after the Solstice Festival...

"Watch this Moen-chan!" Simeon said with a wide grin, winding up a strange, black, egg-like parcel that had a silver button on top.

Curious, a young man with red hair, crimson eyes, and downy feathers coloring his coal-black skin walked up to the one-handed Lion-Man.

"Watch what, Sensei Simeon?"

Simeon just grinned and pressed the silver button with his thumb. The wide bottom half of the black egg split into 5 neat little sections, and then the sections proceeded to flatten into a spinning propeller, lifting the little black egg about 5 meters into the air. The little egg flitted about like a little fairy for a while, shot skyward another 20 meters, and then it slowed down, reverting back to its egg-like form before falling to the ground.

Moen ran to pick up the little black contraption after it hit the solid earth, amazed that it didn't break from falling at that dizzying speed and height.

"I'm giving that to you, Moen-chan." Simeon said with a wide and satisfied grin, "Consider it your your Solstice Festival gift this year."

"Really?" Moen's eyes lit up. "Thank you, sensei!"

----

Simeon looked at the sky as he selected a plump red fruit from the basket.

"He was so innocent and naiive..." he laid the fruit upon a carved stone, "Royokan... you should have known better. He is now a reflection and amplification of your hatred for him. It was only made worse by having him learn that Shauni-sama was emotionless when it came to the matter of love."

The Lion-Man laid down the basket on the grass and sat on the stone.

"But Moen was morally and mentally stronger than Royokan. Whatever made him snap that day is beyond me..."

----

"If I cannot have you, Maiden..." Moen snarled at the Priestess, "THEN NO ONE WILL!"

The young half-blood advanced toward Shauni, the sky swirling with dark, angry clouds. Shauni stepped back, afraid and confused."Moen-Chan?" she asked, almost pleading. She could sense his jealous anger and Moen was in no mood to be persuaded. He was now a far cry from that innocent and hapless child they found on the streets of Dark Edge.

Like the lightning that streaked through the clouds, the change in the boy came in an instant: Moen the Dark Lord was born... And the most notorious act of his brutality came just as quickly.

"Stop! Please! NOO!"

Simeon, hearing the screams of the Priestess, flew to the scene... Only to witness the bloody sight that lay before him; the fallen bodies of his dearest friends, desacrated.

And worst of all, he was too late to save the Priestess. Her heart was still throbbing uselessly in Moen's taloned hand.

"SHAUNI-SAMA!!"

----

Simeon put his steel paw over his eyes.

"I must have still been lovestruck... I guess I still am to this day." the Aslanis confessed to the sacred silence of this sylvan clearing, "It best explains why I decided to do battle with the boy."

He sadly looked at his flesh-stripped skeleton paw.

"It was this hand that took his eye in that fight. Even then, I still did not have the heart to finish him." he muttered, "... That act of mercy was quickly abused..."

----

"Moen-chan! Why?!" the crippled Simeon cried, "I never intended to be your rival, Moen! I had always seen you as a son... I only wanted the best for you."

The bloodstained Moen just growled.

"You could have told me sooner, old man... Now it's too late for either of us."

Simeon hobbled to his knees and lowered his head, expecting Moen to take up the Archangel; as the sacred sword had been wrenched from Simeon's grasp and it lay on the ground waiting for its wielder.

"Then take my sword and finish me off, Moen!"

A scoff and the clatter of kicked steel was the immediate reply.

"And give you the pleasure of having eternity with my Maiden? Never." Moen sneered, "I'll keep you alive, Aslanis..."

----

"... So you may suffer knowing that you could have prevented this tragedy..."

----

Moen inspected the indestructable little black egg in his talon.

"Why... oh why... Why did I keep you, you worthless little toy?" Moen asked, as he sat slumped in his throne, "What is it about you that has me so intruiged that I carry you with me, even though you are a constant reminder of how AWFUL things were so many years ago."

"Then again..." Moen set the little black egg on one of the armrests of his throne, "You have contained quite a few happy memories, as well."

----

"Sensei! Watch!"

The little black egg sprang to life and flitted about around Moen, flew up... then fell, landing neatly in Moen's excited hands.

Simeon's face smiled widely, quite surprised at how easily Moen had made the catch. "Amazing! Your accuracy is incredible, Moen-chan. You might even be sharper than Rose, or even Royokan, one day."

Moen lit up. He didn't get complemented often when he was an orphan. At that moment, Moen made an impetuous proclaimation, "I'm going to be a great warrior, one day, then! When I am, I'll help protect the priestess, too!"

"I expect that, Moen-chan..." Simeon replied with a wise grin. "I can only hope that day will come soon."

----

"It never did... did it, old man?" Moen asked the little black egg, "That day, when I did the very opposite of what I proclaimed as a naiive child, and the Priestess died by my hand."

The Dark Lord absentmidedly ran a hand over the cloth headband that covered his missing eye's socket. He bared his teeth at the memory of that fight... The heart of the Priestess in his hand, his eye in the skeletal hand of that old Lion-man...

"And you did, after all, take out my eye, Sensei... I had to make up for my lack of depth preception since then with raw power."

Moen clasped the little black egg in his talons, "I guess... I guess I have you to thank for helping me become what I am, little trinket."

"... You are a reminder of what drives me to do what I do..."

----

Simeon fiddled with another object in his paws as a little fox-girl peeked out of her hiding place in the brushes.

"Mahri. You know you can't hide from me."

The little Inari'in giggled and ran up to Simeon and the Lion-man gathered her up in his arms. Mahri was Simeon's second chance... where he failed with Moen, he would make right with Mahri.

"Today is beautiful, Father!"

"I know." Simeon smiled, "Today was perfect for a picnic. You had the right idea, my little one."

Mahri hopped out of Simeon's arms with a wide smile and picked up the red fruit Simeon had laid out on the stone table. She was about to take a bite when she noticed Simeon winding up something in his paws.

"Father? What is that?" she asked in naiive curiousity.

Simeon grinned widely. "Why... it's a surprise, Mahri."

Mahri's eyes just lit up and she put down the fruit. "May I see?" she asked excitedly.

"Why not?" Simeon replied as he opened his paws.

A little silver egg rested in his palm. "It's for you, Mahri. Want to see how it works?"

Mahri silently nodded in uncontained anticipation.

"Watch this..."

And gently, Simeon pressed the little button on the narrow end of the egg...

-----

((I hope you enjoyed the tale. Comments, complaints, suggestions, general statements? *gets shot for redundancy*))

((Thank you for reading. -Simeon))

Last edited by Simeon on Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:50 am 
Articuno

*glomps fanfic* This really made me happy, despite the killing and stuff involved ^_^'

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Image Image Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:29 pm 
Pokémon Master

OMG ROM spoilers
-spazez-

So does this mean Mahri is gonna kill people like moen, and there will be a never ending chain of Simeon taking in kids that he gives eggs to that only end up killing those he loves?

Very great story Simeon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:14 am 
Mew

It's good. Um, not sure what else to say. Congrats on the nice fanfic.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:29 am 
Articuno

Celebifly wrote:
OMG ROM spoilers
-spazez-

So does this mean Mahri is gonna kill people like moen, and there will be a never ending chain of Simeon taking in kids that he gives eggs to that only end up killing those he loves?

Very great story Simeon!

It's a fanfic, its not canon. Take this as a 'what if?' story. Thats what Simeon told me it was

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:00 am 
Gym Leader

Celebifly wrote:

Lol at this comment but yeah, that fic kick asses!
I don't get the part about the skeleton hand though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:18 am 
Blaziken Level 100

http://www.maj.com/gallery/AJ-Mout-Ceph/Others/Miscellaneous/simeonstudycolor.png
Simeon's character sheet, Shadowman-san. ^^

When I first designed Simeon, I intended that he be some sort of monster-like mess because of his special ability ((Which I may reveal with permission from Shauni-sama.)) The skeletal arm is to signify his connection to "zombie/lich" class monsters.

I hope this clarifies any confusion.

-Simeon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:23 am 
Gym Leader

Oh I see. He looks rather badass but scary at the same time, I wouldn't trust him with my life.

But that reminds me that I never told anyone beside Shauni why the original Kevin is attuned to darkness: it is simply power, by itself it is neutral. However I once seen the Dark Prince from the last game in the latest Prince of Persia trilogy and went "Hey...they stole my character idea!" since Dark Guardian Kevin has the same appearance aside from the shiny streaks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:50 am 
Articuno

You can tell anyone you want about your own character Simeon, I won’t and don’t have the right to stop you. Besides, Simeon’s appearance back-story runs similar to the original, but the appearance of his ghost arm is different

Go to ROM the Comic