It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:39 pm 
Pokémon Master

This is for a school project I'm doing and I need some opinions. The project is mainly creating your own civilization and creating your own laws and stuff. Please tell me what can be improved with my laws.

I made the name sound stupid so don't ask me about it.

Daffy Duck's Constitution:

1. Stealing is a serious felony, whether it be a valuable object or a small object. Anybody caught stealing will face prison for 2 years minimum, depending on the object stolen.

2. Murder is also a serious crime which will not be tolerated. Any murder committed will suffer the death penalty. For juveniles, life in prison unless pardoned.

3. Murder is only acceptable for self-defense. If ever a loved one or friend is being held for murder, deadly force is allowed to defend that loved one.

4. Murder of multiple people will not only face the death penalty, but his or her house will be taken from the convict and family will be forced outside of the city.

5. Rape will also not be tolerated, anybody committing rape will face life in prison.

6. A husband will never assault his wife, they must each honor and love each other.

7. Love is a magic in which will never be broken. Divorce will not be allowed.

8. In ever the case both children's parents are dead, they will live with their closest family member. (as in the strongest bond with that loved one)

9. If ever the husband died and leaves a fortune for his family, the wife will take it until she trusts the children with the fortune.

10. All big disputes between two or more people or large groups will have to be settled in court or with King Daffy.

Trophy Case:
Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:54 pm 
Mew

Your grammar is a bit awkward in spots, but that aside...

1. Murder is only acceptable for self-defense. If ever a loved one or friend is being held for murder, deadly force is allowed to defend that loved one.
That was that second sentence is currently worded, it means it's ok to use deadly force to free someone who is being held (as in, in prison or whatever) for murder. I don't think that's your intent.

2. A husband will never assault his wife, they must each honor and love each other.
You don't hear about it as much, but some wives do assault their husbands.

3. Love is a magic in which will never be broken. Divorce will not be allowed.
I'm not a big fan of divorce, but there are some situations where it's really the best alternative. Banning it entirely would cause problems.

4. This reads more like an outline than a full on code of laws. You need more details about how the various terms are defined (what is stealing, what is assault, etc), how it will be determined if a crime was commited, and how those crimes are prosecuted.

5. You're missing quite a lot of neccessary laws. For example, with just your current laws, it's perfectly legal to beat someoe nearly to death (except for your wife) so long as you don't kill them. A full on code of laws really needs to cover just about every situation imaginable. People love finding loopholes.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.