It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Once Upon a Dream
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:34 pm 
Pokémon Legend

Alright, so I'm known for my odd dreams. Really.

So, instead of just writing it down as I normally do, I decided to put it in a sort of story format.

When I reach the end of one dream, I'll find some way to transfer into the next dream I remember....if I feel like it. So, this will have essentially no storyline and totally depend on whatever weird dreams I have.

In my story, there are real people from real life. But, being the paranoid freak I am, I am still going to replace my real name with Saber. Deal.

So...it'll all be one dream until I say I'm switching dreams, just for future reference. Each story will probably take some time to write out. Updates will be sporadic, and feedback and comments are welcomed with open arms.

“Are you coming?”

Huh?

“We’re here!”

My eyes flickered open and I jumped, surprised at what I saw. I was in a…bus? How on earth did I get here?

“Wha…” I finally managed to stammer after a pause. No response. With a confused frown, I stumbled out of the bus in a daze. As I hopped off the last step, I took in my surroundings.

It would seem that I was at some sort of amusement park, though I did not recognize it in the least. There were rides in the distance, and my lips curled into a smile as I saw a roller coaster in the distance.

“The ride took long enough.”

Following the direction of the voice, I looked behind me to my whole Destination Imagination team. Robert, Dan, Rachel, Rebecca…the whole gang.

“Aah…feels good to be here, finally,” Dan said, stretching as he spoke.

“I’m soo excited!” Rachel said, practically hopping up and down.

“Yeah,” Rebecca agreed with a nod.

“Been waiting for this for ages,” Robert said finally.

I quickly noticed everyone was now looking at me, expecting me to say something. Unfortunately, I still seemed incapable of producing words, so I just kinda stood there, feeling a tad bit like an idiot.

“Er…yeah…” Oh good, I could talk. Forming a complete sentence…that was the next step.

“Eh. She’s not completely awake yet,” I heard someone say. “She dozed off during the ride.”

“Yeah…that’s it,” I mumbled. “Er…where exactly are we?” Upon saying that, the rest of the team looked at me with raised eyebrows and expressions of disbelief. I, once again, felt like a complete idiot. “…what?”

“Honestly, Saber, are you serious?”

“Hello! We’re at DI regionals!”

“Wake up, Saber! Seriously!”

I blinked in surprise. Regionals? This didn’t look anything like…well, I don’t suppose I rightfully know what regionals is supposed to look like this year. After all, it wasn't in the normal location this year. It was at some weirdo school....or amusment park, as the case may be.

“Well, c’mon, let’s get moving!” Dan said, and he bolted off. The rest of the team followed suit, with me in the back still terribly confused. Regionals? What was this all about?

Instead of going for the rides, as I had hoped, Dan seemed to be heading for a large tent. Inside of the tent there was a large pool with many people surrounding it. Curious, I gazed into the pool along with the rest of the crew to see many colorful fish swimming about. The fascination wore off after a few minutes. I continued to walk alongside the pool until I noticed something large swimming underwater. Lots of other people seemed to be taking interest in this as well.

I waited for a bit, still trying to organize my thoughts, when from the water burst a…mermaid?! Now this was just getting ridiculous. The mermaid swam around the pool, and I glanced up to see another mermaid…walking over? How does that work?

As if things weren’t already confounding me enough.

The second mermaid proceeded to jump into the pool and swam over to the first. The proceeded to talk about things I really didn’t care about, and neither did the rest of the team, apparently.

Upon pushing open the flap of the tent, I frowned to see that it was now pouring out. My gaze immediately fell on the roller coaster, which was no longer running in the rain.

“Aw, too bad. We should head inside,” Rebecca said.

“What? No roller coasters?” I said, mouth agape in disbelief.

“We should probably check in anyways,” Robert commented. Without waiting another moment, the four walked out into the rain, as if it were nothing.

“Hello? Guys! It’s raining out!” They made no response, so I followed with a groan.

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

Post subject: Re: Once Upon a Dream
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:07 am 
Pokémon Legend

Not sure if anyone cares, but there is indeed more....

And, for anyone who cares, Corine is a random person at my school that I know somewhat well, and Noah is a person from Gottacamp. The two have never met in real life, which made this really random. Also, Corine doesn't do DI.

--

After walking through the pouring rain for a bit, we entered a rather large building. I walked in, expecting to leave a pool of water at my feet, but there was nothing. It was as if I hadn’t just walked through sheets of water. Confused, but also rather pleased that I wasn’t soaked to the bone, I followed the rest of the team.

After walking down the hallway, we entered a door on the right. It led into a large room filled with many small tables. At the tables sat kids of various ages. Since this was apparently regionals, I guessed them all to be DI’ers.

After searching for a free table, we located one and took our seats. By now I had guessed this place to be some sort of restaurant. I also noticed how hungry I was, and was glad to have a meal.
A waiter walked up to our table. “Drinks?” he inquired, looking at me first.

“Er…I’ll have a Sprite.” To my relief, this wasn’t some bizarre request, and he scratched the order down on his notepad. Whew…at least something was normal.

“I’ll have some hard liquor.” Dan said without pause, as if it were completely normal. I stared at him in disbelief, but he seemed not to notice. I sighed silently. Well, there went that brief feeling of normality…I already miss it.

Rachel, Rebecca and Robert’s orders were similar to Dan’s. The waiter scribbled them down without hesitation, and then left. Behind me, I was dully aware of the waiter getting our orders. He returned moments later and presented me with my Sprite. Before Dan he placed a red beverage, before Robert a blue one and before Rachel and Rebecca, green ones. I was just about to take a sip when two other people walked over from another table.

“Hey guys!”

Was that…Corine? And Noah? What were they doing here?

The rest of the team didn’t seem as surprised as I was. Of course. They all said something to the extent of “Hey guys,” and Corine and Noah took their seats. They too were holding colorful drinks.

“How’s it going?” Corine asked us.

“Pretty good,” Dan said.

“Yeah, so far it’s been great,” Rebecca said.

“You guys nervous?” inquired Rachel. Noah and Corine nodded.

“Yeah, but I’m sure we’ll do well, as will you guys,” Noah said with a smile. Wait…are these guys on the same DI team or something? That’s what it seemed like, at least. I opened my mouth to ask, but then snapped it shut. People thought I was acting odd enough already (the feeling was mutual). Making it worse didn’t seem like a great plan.

“Our challenge isn’t for quite some time,” Corine said.

“We have to go to ours in an hour,” Robert said. My mouth dropped open. An hour? When did that happen? An hour was practically…no time at all, really. We should be preparing, practicing, getting the props ready…

“We should take a nap,” Rachel suggested.

Taking a nap…

Wait what?

“Sounds like a good idea,” agreed Rebecca.

Really. A nap. Are you guys stupid or something?

Well, I didn’t say it, but I thought it.

The rest of the team (excluding me, of course) seemed to agree with the plan. We all stood up and walked out. Exiting a different way we came, I found myself outside again. Or, at least it seemed so. After looking around, I saw that walls surrounded the place. It was some sort of courtyard. The place was barren, except for the middle. In the center was a giant tree, surrounded by small flowers. That wasn’t random or anything.
After walking a bit, I noticed that the rain had stopped. Not only this, but nothing appeared to bet wet. I never realized how much I appreciated life making sense. Without it…there was just a void.

The DI team (along with Noah and Corine) headed over to the large tree, and we all sat down. From nowhere, Rachel pulled out a clock and plugged it into either the ground or the tree. There really weren’t many other options. Regardless, it worked. “I’ll set it to wake us up in a half hour. That way, we’ll have some time.” Everyone nodded in agreement, and fell asleep.

After staring at them in disbelief for a minute or so, I began to feel tired as well. With a yawn, I laid down and drifted off to sleep.

Image Image

Post subject: Re: Once Upon a Dream
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:00 pm 
Pokémon Legend

A man sits on the ground, cross-legged. He is clad in odd garb—robes of some sort. After a moment, he begins to chant softly to himself.

“Ohm…” the man says, loudly and clearly.

“Ohmm…”

For quite some time, the man continues his chant. Though time is irrelevant, it seems to have been a few minutes when an aura surrounds the man. Without any warning, the man begins lifting off of the ground, and his chant does not cease.

“Ohmmmmm……….”

After yawning and stretching, my eyes flickered open. “Ugh…what an odd dream,” I mumbled to myself, for surely that was what the whole weirdo-monk thing was. Geeze…I have the most bizarre dreams. If they were reality…I think the world would last about five minutes.

A quick glance around told me that I was the first person to wake up. Everyone lying around sleeping was a pretty good hint. “Hrm…alarm must have not gone off yet…What time is it?”

I looked around, searching for that odd little alarm clock that plugged into nowhere. “Where’d it go?” I mumbled, still rather tired. “Ah, there it is…what time does it say?”

I inched over to the clock, trying to read the clock. Why can’t I read it? Have I gone blind or something?

It really didn’t take me too long to realize why I couldn’t read the alarm clock. It was kind of…smashed in half and lying broken on the ground. Things don’t tend to work very well when they’re smashed up and lying broken on the ground.

“Oh…snap…”

Crapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrap! What time is it?

“Guys! Wake up!” I shouted, and then quickly proceeded to run around, shaking everyone until they woke up. I waited a few moments for everyone to get past that I’m-tired-and-I-can’t-focus-on-anything phase before telling everyone the bad news.

Wait…everyone…minus Corine and Noah! They weren’t here!

“Aah! What time is it?” I exclaimed as I continued to look around for Corine and Noah. Gone. Nowhere in sight.

“It’s…three o’ clock!” Dan exclaimed after quickly checking his cell phone. Everyone’s face visibly paled.

“Oh…crap…”

“We had to report to our challenge at one,” Rebecca informed us.

I’m not sure if time still works the same, considering everything that’s been going on, but I’m pretty sure that three comes after one.

“We are so screwed…”

“…where are Corine and Noah?” Apparently, Robert had just noticed their absences.

“No idea! They were gone when I woke up,” I replied.

“Where’d they go?” Rachel inquired.

“D’you think I know?” I snapped back, really irritated at the situation. Hello! We’ve been working towards Regionals for MONTHS! Even though this isn’t quite how I thought it would be, (actually, it isn’t at all how I thought it would be), that doesn’t take away from the fact that we just blew everything!

Everyone was getting to their feet and looking around for Corine and Noah as they did so. They were nowhere in sight. That was definitely ever so suspicious.

“Corine and Noah must have drugged us so we’d miss our challenge!” I exclaimed suddenly before I knew what I was saying. Good God, I was becoming as crazy as everyone else here.

Well, instead of looking at me oddly like I expected, they seemed to agree. Everyone else was nodding. “It’s the only logical explanation,” Dan agreed.

Oh, good. Logic. I miss real logic.

“Let’s go find them!” Rachel said eagerly. Clearly, she wanted revenge. Clearly, everyone else did too.

“In that case, we’ll have to head back inside,” I said with a nod, turning to go. The rest of the team did the same.

Image Image