It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Did you know Silver could draw?
Why, no! I am very impressed by Silver's artistic abilities! 33%  33%  [ 7 ]
Yeah, I think he had a DeviantART account or something. 43%  43%  [ 9 ]
Oh GOD, my eyes! They're bleeding! 24%  24%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 21
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:08 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

... in Voltaggia's comic's topic where I mentioned that I had mentioned it in the Revenge of the Son of Saying Hi to Josiah topic a while ago but that everyone has probably forgotten about. That's the comic's name. Or PVTSOIMIVCTWIMTIHMIITROTSOSHTJTAWABTEHPFA for short. ...I should probably try to come up with a name that's not harder to remember when abbreviated.

Started a new topic for it because, first of all, it's not a sprite comic (Pixel art... is close enough, I suppose) and uh... I'd feel bad posting in the sprite topic when no work at all has been done on the requested sprites. I should probably get to work on that...

Anyway, I made the first two pages of the comic a while ago and then I hit a roadblock. Character designs. The characters of this comic are, uh... you fine people here on the forum. Because I don't immagine any of you are going to sue or anything for using you in a sorry excuse for a webcomic. But see... I don't know how you'd want to be drawn. I don't want any humans in here, because they're a pain to draw and it would be too boring... so like, Silver is a Pidgeot. Opal is Celebifly. Because of their stupid avatars, I'm going to have to make Josiah a Torchic and Atma a Mew whether they agree to it or not. You don't have to be a Pokemon - Simeon could be a lion, and Stevenson will probably end up being a parrot - but I need something like that.

Although I still don't know what I'm going to do for the Spambot mafia...

So, without further unnecessary rambling, I give you page one of PVTSOIM... that one.

Yeah, Silver's a chicken farmer. Don't tell me you guys have forgotten about Tilly, Ned, and Penelope of Pebble Version Survivor fame... Ok, ok, I admit that I just liked the irony of a bird chicken farmer. With a strange green chicken.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:16 pm 
Pokémon Master

O.O sweet sugar candy, that's the best pixel art I've ever seen IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!! (Well, unless Purgatory's Tower is pixel art, but that's beside the point, the point being THAT THIS IS AWESOME!!!)

I can just be, like, the doodleshark I drew a while back. (Poorly and far too largely, but I drew it none the less.)

Also as I previously mentioned, THIS IS FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:04 pm 
Pokémon Master

What happened to all the shading and highlighting the last two panels? Otherwise, it was good. You can use the Gardialvoir sprite to represent me, just don't make me look like an idiot or be the butt of all your jokes.

"Dobby never meant to kill, only to...maim. Or seriously injure."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:06 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

Holy*the rest I cant say* , this is awsome! I guess im a wolf? Anyway this is great!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:39 pm 
Gym Leader

Shadow works for me of course. If that doesn't work, Umbreon would work too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:33 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Doodleshark wrote:
sweet sugar candy, that's the best pixel art I've ever seen IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!! (Well, unless Purgatory's Tower is pixel art, but that's beside the point, the point being THAT THIS IS AWESOME!!!)

I can just be, like, the doodleshark I drew a while back. (Poorly and far too largely, but I drew it none the less.)

Also as I previously mentioned, THIS IS FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!

It think Purgatory Tower is more cell shading-ish... er, thanks! I don't think it's quite that impressive, though... Not enough for capital letters, at least. Maybe just the double-triple exclamation points.

And I'm... assuming Doodleshark is normal shark-gray colored?

Gardialvoir wrote:
What happened to all the shading and highlighting the last two panels? Otherwise, it was good. You can use the Gardialvoir sprite to represent me, just don't make me look like an idiot or be the butt of all your jokes.

Ah yes, the shading. The reason I didn't do it for the last two panels is very simple... it takes freaking forEVER to shade something decently. Anything vaguely resembling regular updates would be impossible if I tried to fully shade every panel, so... I'm limiting it to panels where a new character appears, or particularly important ones. At least until it gets a little easier.

Also... I won't make you look like an idiot, unless being chibified so all the characters are similar in size counts, but I can't promise anything about not being the butt of any jokes.

Kisori wrote:
Holy*the rest I cant say* , this is awsome! I guess im a wolf? Anyway this is great!

All right, one pink-spotted wolf coming up! ...And by that I mean give me a little more detail or I'll artistic liscence you to oblivion.

Simsmagic wrote:

Let it henceforth be known that Sims will be the result of a failed breeding experiment between a hedgehog and an Umbreon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:54 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

Ok, a wolf with brown and black fur, its all I came up with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:23 pm 
Gym Leader

Silver wrote:
Simsmagic wrote:

Let it henceforth be known that Sims will be the result of a failed breeding experiment between a hedgehog and an Umbreon.

|-/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:37 pm 
Pokémon Master

Quote:
It think Purgatory Tower is more cell shading-ish... er, thanks!

Ha! A grammar error! It is supposed to be I. Now you can not point out my next grammar error. Oh, and can you promise me that I will not be the butt of most of your jokes?

"Dobby never meant to kill, only to...maim. Or seriously injure."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:00 am 
Blaziken

Wow, this looks great! I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Better to spill half of the beer because of Parkinson than to forget to drink it because of Alzheimer

Allright, now it gets complicated with my siggy site...
My citizens are having problems with employment and Transport, so click the one who has the most % problems. If both are at 0, use This link
Unemployment:0% Transport:0%

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:06 am 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Gardialvour wrote:
Ha! A grammar error! It is supposed to be I. Now you can not point out my next grammar error. Oh, and can you promise me that I will not be the butt of most of your jokes?

No, I really can't. Not if you aren't even able to tell the difference between a grammatical error and a typo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:09 am 
Random Trainer

...Uh-oh. I really don't have any sprites or images or anything available of me, do I? oo'

If I'm in it at all, I guess you can put me in there as a Ragnarok Scholar. Links below to sprite sheets.

Body
Heads (I use the fifth one down)

If that's too hard/inconvenient for custom sprites...er...I'll get back to you on that...>>'

EDIT: Gah, I went and actually READ the big block of text in front of the picture and noticed that bit about no people ><
Eh. I guess a Marin works too...it's what I was for Halloween back in 2005, anyway. Easy to draw, yes? :D

In case you have no idea what those sprites are showing, the top row is "idle," the next two are "walking," third is "attacking," fourth "flinching," and last three are "dying." The very last row...I really don't know what that's for. The first two are alternate expressions, I'm guessing.

Last edited by BionicleMandi121 on Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:22 am 
Gym Leader

Kisori wrote:
Ok, a wolf with brown and black fur, its all I came up with.

Oy, get your own colors, those are mine! >_>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:21 am 
Articuno

I really like this comic. It looks great. I look forward to more. If you wanted to have me in the comic (which I'd love BTW :sweat: ) you could draw me as whatever you want. Probly best as an Eevee like in the OM comics I make if I have to be a pokemon, or a dog like in this summary comic http://www.pebbleversion.com/ROM/ROMArc ... ip127.html

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Image Image Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:24 am 
Mew

Torchic is fine, although if given the choice I'd rather be a Blaziken or Jolteon.

Anyway, looks good! Looking forward to seeing more. I wouldn't really call it pixel art though, just computer art. I think the general definition of a pixel art comic is one using completely original sprites as opposed to straight game rips or recolors.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next