It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:26 am 
Articuno

Yeah well I say....um...never mind

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:20 pm 
Pokémon Champion

Arn't there suppose to be more...what are they called again? *checks google* Oh yes, pictures for this week? And I do like the past? No...future? Na...oh ya, current pictures you've done.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:05 am 
Shiny Shedinja

Yeah, there was. I weas just forgetful/lazy/procrastinating/out of ideas/busy/dealing with a massive creative block. And not just a small, watermelon-sized block either. This block is about the size of a full-grown ram, and just as stubborn.

Yup.

"Remember: Not only does crime not pay, but you don't get a health plan, either."
- Nick Brick, Lego Island

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:03 pm 
Shiny Shedinja

Why did I make this? Because this is the kind of .gif I need every so often.
So, yeah. Quickly made this in paint. I like it.

"Remember: Not only does crime not pay, but you don't get a health plan, either."

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:45 am 
Shiny Shedinja

I...I don't even know why I drew this. I think I just started out drawing some random character really lazily, then I was drawing myself as different animals, and suddenly...hamster. I kind of like the style though. Derpy but...cute.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:31 pm 
Shiny Shedinja

Oh, look. It's a picture of a picture I drew of myself, based on an actual picture I took of myself.

I actually really like this drawing. It's not often that my more realistic drawings are as good as this, so I'm quite happy with how it turned out (I was a bit lazy with my shading here though, 'cause shading skin is slightly tedious and I didn't want to mess it up that much). I'm also not photogenic at all, so getting a good picture of myself for this was pretty cool, too.

And, gosh, noses are fun to draw.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:49 pm 
Pokémon Legend

I realize I always look at these things and go "ooh, that looks awesome" and then I never comment so you never get to know I went through that thought process.

WELL that looks awesome! I love the variety you have with your styles.

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:37 pm 
Shiny Shedinja

Thanks! Yeah, I think my variety of styles seen here is due to the fact that I draw with my left hand, but use a mouse with my right. If I draw something on the computer and try to replicate it on paper, or vice versa, it will come out looking a bit different.
And, when drawing on paper, I tend to have a very "sketchy" style, using quick, short lines, but on the computer, I like to make long, smooth lines.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:10 am 
Shiny Shedinja

My Gods. I made an entirely new set of self-sprites! I made these a bit more realistic looking and, if I do say so myself, I think I did pretty well! You can't see my overly long hair all that well now but, trust me, it's still there.

Only five actions/emotions here: Neutral, smiling, talking (happy), talking (distressed), and whistling. Each action/emotion has three parts to it: The first is normal, second has my little hairs bob down a bit, and the third is blinking with the hairs bobbing down as well.
Sooner or later I'll get a few more actions made. The ones that I hope to finish up soon are walking (ugh, how I dislike spriting legs and pants), crossed arms, and holding some kind of weapon. I'm also working on different hand positions...and, you know what? Making tiny pixel hands is difficult...like, really kind of tedious and annoying...Oh well. What can ya do?

And, yes, these new sprites do mean that I'll soon make a new avatar pic. Just in time, since it's been raining more then anything 'round here lately.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:53 pm 
Random Trainer

PoisonWing14 wrote:
Oh, look. It's a picture of a picture I drew of myself, based on an actual picture I took of myself.

I actually really like this drawing. It's not often that my more realistic drawings are as good as this, so I'm quite happy with how it turned out (I was a bit lazy with my shading here though, 'cause shading skin is slightly tedious and I didn't want to mess it up that much). I'm also not photogenic at all, so getting a good picture of myself for this was pretty cool, too.

And, gosh, noses are fun to draw.

I really love the jacket the detail is great and the way it wraps around the head! :cool:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ArtOfHeartStudio Twitter: https://twitter.com/ArtOfHeartStudi

DeviantART: http://kako-cakes.deviantart.com/ Official Website: http://www.artofheartstudio.wix.com/art ... lifeareone

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:05 pm 
Shiny Shedinja

Thanks!

So, uhm...I said a thing:
PoisonWing in "Return of the Revenge of the Son of Saying Hi to Josiah!" wrote:
In other news, my friend and I walked home together and we got into a conversation about how Riker from Star Trek: TNG always steps over his chair whenever he sits down. It ended with us laughing over the idea of Riker doing that gymnastic routine where you use a pommel horse, but using a chair instead. Yeah, take in that image. Amazing, isn't it?
I think I need to draw that now, it's just so incredible...or I could be lazy and just photoshop a picture of Riker's head onto a gymnast...yeah, I think might do that.
And then I did a thing:

And now it's my desktop background...Yeah.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:55 pm 
Shiny Shedinja

Oh hey, I finished up some revisions on my newest self-sprites. Also: WALKING! Walking that actually looks good! Kind of.

Standing takes up 3 frames while walking uses 2 frames (I mean, who in their right mind blinks while they walk? [aka: I thought blinking while walking looked too much like sleep walking, so no blink-walking]).
Row 1: Standing - Neutral, Standing - Smile, Standing - Talk
Row 2: Standing - Talk + Distress, Standing - Whistle, Walking - Whistle
Row 3: Standing - Smile + Vulcan Salute, Standing - Neutral + Vulcan Salute
Row 4: Walking - Neutral, Walking - Smile, Walking - Talk, Walking - Talk + Distress

Dang, am I being thorough or what?

And, yes, I'm wearing a Star Trek: TNG uniform. Captain, command division. Tea, Earl Grey, hot.

Next on my list of poses I'll be working on would be holding a weapon of some sort (possibly betleH or phaser?), attacking with the weapon, crossing my arms (I will have a lovely time with that, I can already tell), and kneeling (and maybe, for fun, sitting in a captains chair because, hey, why not?).

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Last edited by PoisonWing14 on Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:06 pm 
Shiny Shedinja

Well, looks like I can cross two poses off the list of them that need to be completed. Yup, crossing arms and kneeling are finished! (Quite honestly, I thought these two poses were going to be some of the harder ones to sprite up, but with a bit of time, some reference pictures, and quite a lot of sugar in my system, I got them done in no time flat!)

Row 1: All crossing arms - Neutral, Smile, Talk, Talk + Distress
Row 2: All kneeling - Neutral, Smile, Talk, Talk + Distress
Row 3: All kneeling + Reaching/Petting - Neutral, Smile, Talk, Talk + Distress
Row 4: All kneeling + Grabbing - Neutral, Smile, Talk, Talk + Distress

I'm honestly really glad how the kneeling sprite came out seeing as how I normally butcher up the more complex poses like it, even when drawing. The crossing arms sprite is not to shabby either, if I do say so myself.

So, the sprites left on my list to complete is myself holding a weapon, attacking with said weapon, and sitting in a captain's chair. Also, now that I think about it...it might be nice to make reverse sprites seeing as how they're not perfectly symmetrical (with the rank on the collar and communicator placement)...meh, maybe if I'm feeling really bored.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Last edited by PoisonWing14 on Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:26 pm 
Shiny Shedinja

More sprites! So, I finally finished some of my "sitting" sprites (and, yeah, even though I'm wearing a Next Generation outfit, I'm sitting in an original series captain's chair because...well, honestly it was just easier to sprite).
Also, tribbles.
Many tribbles.
Many, many tribbles.
Soft, fluffy, purring tribbles.
Fuzzy, totally not dead like in that one original series episode, little tribbles.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:14 am 
Shiny Shedinja

Hey, look! something that's not sprites! Whoa!

So, recently I got a bit (Ha) into Myst and, a few days ago, I gave myself a little challenge. A challenge to develop a new, cartoon-like, style for drawing. Doing what I do best, I combined the two and came up with this:

Yep, that's Sirrus from Myst and all of his arrogant, pompous, crazy, evilness. I'm scared to know how Achenar will turn out...him being, albeit not pompous or arrogant at all, but at least three times as crazy and quite...how should I say...neurotic.

Oh, did I mention I did all of this in Paint? Yeah, each of those little hairs is hand-dra-...uhh...mouse-drawn. Also, the original picture is quite a lot bigger. I had to scale this down a bunch so it wasn't too huge.

Anyway. I rather like this style. It makes me feel more free to experiment with expressions. Something that, when you're drawing realistically, you rarely get to do. I also like that I can integrate the character's personality into the drawing more then I could before. It's pretty cool. New styles rock. (Also, I don't need to worry about proportions or anything like that when I draw in this style! Woo!)

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next