It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Metalheadz' Sprite Help
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:01 pm 
Pokémon Master

I'm currently reading Josiah's Sprite Comic guide, so I don't really need most basic help. What I'm trying to do right now, however, is to use some recycled sprites just like Josiah and Saber use for their avatars and play around with it however I want. (Torchic on Brendan's head, for example.)

Here's my first try at something. Metalheadz is the Spongebob avatar, (which I edited him holding a guitar and colored his eyes to look like he's wearing sunglasses) while he has some Megaman sprites (ripping goes to their respective owners of "Titanium Rhapsody") and they're playing on the beach. What I need help with is just your opinion, I know this could be improved and it's nowhere near perfect, so I just want to know how I can make it better.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Trophy Case:
Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:38 pm 
Pokémon Master

Here's another one with Metalheadz and his favorite pokemon, meganium.

It'll be the last one for today until somebody has something to say about the Spongebob sprites and the backgrounds.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Trophy Case:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:50 am 
Shiny Shedinja

Hmm...none to bad...but, I do want to point out that the white parts on Meganium...are see-through. (you can see the grass/plants behind them) I would suggest doing something about that.

I love the fact that you added Forte/Bass and Dr. Light/Right in your band. (I am quite a big Forte/Bass Fan :blush: )

Hmmm...I would also advise you to do something about the distorsion in the Metalheadz+Meganiun picture.

Other then that, I must say, You do have potential...you know...as in the cababilitly of development....not as in Potential energy...heh heh....(I do get those mixed up sometimes)

"Remember: Not only does crime not pay, but you don't get a health plan, either."
- Nick Brick, Lego Island

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:12 am 
Pokémon Master

Thanks for the help, Poison!

I think one of the problems with Meganium is that its feet are white, and I forgot to color it in with some white paint.

Trophy Case:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:31 pm 
Pokémon Legend

The trick with white is to go to custom colors and make a custom color that is ever-so-slightly not pure white. No one can tell, and it won't go transparent when you move it.

Also, make sure you only resize by intervals of 100% (200%, 300%, etc.) or else you'll get distortion. The shorthand for resizing is ctrl + w... I don't even know how to find it otherwise.

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:28 am 
Random Trainer

Personally, I think they're great. One tip, though; when resizing something, don't click on the corner of the selection box and TRY to make it, say, 200% its size. Simply enter the size increase in the Resize and Skew thing (only resize, not skew... makes your selection , for lack of a better term, diagonalize.). This is assuming you ARE using Paint.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:22 pm 
Pokémon Master

Yep, I'm using Paint. Thanks Saber, I'll keep that in mind.

Here's the last little short I'll make before I begin taking it to the big leagues. It's only a little strip of Metalheadz inflating himself while Bakura (he's not gay, he's just British!) thinks he's about to explode.

Trophy Case:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:06 pm 
Random Trainer

What the?! O.O That is good, though. VERY, VERY good. One thing, though. You might want to resize the body so it's back to normal. Doesn't Spongebob's body stay the same size whenever he inflates like that?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:17 pm 
Pokémon Master

Actually, the inflating Spongebob is an actual sprite. The only edit I made were the sunglasses.

Trophy Case:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:23 pm 
Random Trainer

Oooh... That would be QUITE a large thing to put on a GBA screen.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:49 pm 
Pokémon Master

Well, I made this out of sheer boredom. I'm not asking for help on this, but feel free to view!

Trophy Case:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:52 am 
Articuno

locked by request.

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]