It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Flora's Artsu
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:22 pm 
Combusken

So I got a tablet several years ago and lately I've been doodling a lot more on my computer as compared to on paper. (Is that bad grammar...?) I've gotten used to my tablet, kind of, but it's still a very different feel. If anybody has used a tablet before, this might be more understandable. xD
Basically I still need a bit of practice before using my tablet becomes as natural as working with paper. (< If that's possible...) Working with paper works fine, of course, but I like the conveniences of computer manipulation. >3

Anywho I'll be posting up random "experiments" and doodles I do on the computer in various programs (honestly? Mostly MS Paint) and anyone can feel free to say what they want about it. I guess I can draw things for people for practice if my art isn't too horrendous.

For those who know about the webgame iSketch, the game also has a 'Studio' where you can free-draw. It's similar to a very very basic Oekaki, and that's where my most recent art came from, so I'll post those. xD

Nomnom | Crazy Poring | Happy Flower | Marin (v2) | Surprised [Shojo Eye Test] | Scary | Happy

Yes, I always name my files weird. >___>
And I tend to vary my art style a lot. All of these aren't close to anything I usually draw so.. o__o' whatever.

[edit] Something in my usual style here that I drew roughly 10 minutes ago. In about 2 minutes. So very rough sketch, and yeah, I draw eyes. A lot.

Last edited by Flora on Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:17 pm 
Combusken

Some more art using iSketch:

Purple
So I was trying to learn how to use the 'brush' tool, which kind of failed here. I drew this face starting with the left eye, so it was awkward. xD

Realistic?
I suck at drawing right eyes, so I have to trick my hand into thinking I'm drawing a left eye, then transform it into a right eye. That's basically me trying to draw a realistic-ish right eye... Mandi claims it still looks like a left eye, but whatever, I tried.

...I really don't have anything decent I can put up of recent work. I've been too lazy to draw in Photoshop so I guess all I have is MS Paint & iSketch stuff. :>

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:13 am 
Combusken

TRIPLE POSTING ONO
I provided a video this time. :l

http://v3.tinypic.com/player.swf?file=2412xqw
^ It'll probably blow up to fill your entire window, so it's probably very bad quality. xD Here's the finished image anyway:

Finished Image
Yeah um... it's again, on iSketch. :x They have a playback feature so I thought it might be interesting.

Anywho, I'm gonna "force" (ask) Mandi to scan in some of my sketches I did on my sketchbook while we were away at China. Maybe those would serve more interesting than Tablet doodles...
That'd make it necessary for me to change the title of this thread then, I guess. /does that

[Edit] Made some of my more recent experimental drawings into a video and bothered making a youtube account. Ehhh...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0qW4Xuf8jo

Post subject: Re: Flora's Artsu
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:16 am 
Combusken

I can't tell if "Nomnom" is supposed to be a cat or not. It looks like a cat eating a bone to me.
To be honest, all drawings of eyes kind of creep me out. The last one looked kind of neat, though. So...Mind explaining why your Poring is crazy while your Marin looks normal? They're both from the same "family".
Anyway, you know I can't draw to save my life, so I probably can't really give you more than simple comments. I don't know why, but I like your style. I personally think it's amazing how you can draw so quickly and still make them look nice. If I tried that, I'd probably end up burning my eyes.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:13 am 
Combusken

Yay, first comment. xD xD

I think it's a cat.. I'm not sure. It's just pure randomness. And yeah.. with a bone.
The last one, as in the Phoenix? :3 I like that one. xD
And cause it's not just a Poring... it's a Crazy Poring. o; I just felt like drawing one... it's probably kind of based off a mug Judy got actually, so... go figure.

And thanks! ^^ I'm sure you'd be better with practice. :v I mean, you did see Mandi's early art, right? xD Mine's probably worse, but I'd rather not show you. /twitch

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:33 pm 
Combusken

I'm posting way too many times in this thread. :v (Is that okay?)
Anyway, lately I've felt like making smilies/emotes for MSN, which requires them to be 50x50 (when saved correctly as an animated .gif)... I thought I'd post them up. Obviously my new set inspired these cat-themed emotes. x]

So far I have 22, but I'm probably still making more. Feel free to add me on MSN if you want me to send the emotes over if you want to use them. o___o''

http://i26.tinypic.com/21jqfrr.jpg

Last edited by Flora on Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:37 pm 
Pokémon Legend

Haha, ohmigosh those are so cute!

I have no use for them... but still! They iz cute :D

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:22 pm 
Random Trainer

If it's your own art thread and if you're posting updates, then yeah, post as many times in a row as you like. :D
That said...
I love those cats. <3
So. Cute.

Meh Siggy Site
And another one because they decreased the number of allotted pages on free sites

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:23 pm 
Combusken

SK: Aww, thanks. :3 Any ideas for more?

Mandi: Alright then, that's good. x3 I just edited in the shortcuts I used (aka, what I actually type in MSN).

Edit: Another thought... since these are 50x50, I think AIM icons used to be 50x50, but they might but 48x48... otherwise they'd be useable as AIM icons too. xD

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:13 pm 
Combusken

Just one more post for today.
I just made 26 more. xD

http://i26.tinypic.com/24dq1qo.jpg

Basically if you type /A, you get the A-cat, etc. :x So I'm not going to be having conversations entirely in cats... yet. It's too messy for that right now. xD

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:27 pm 
Combusken

I have two works in progress going on at the moment...

http://i28.tinypic.com/2vun7n4.jpg
First one I drew on a placemat over dinner, then decided I liked it, so yeah. I have yet to move on to shading and dealing with the folds of her shirt, but I suck at clothing AND shading, so this may be on a minihiatus for a while.

http://i32.tinypic.com/s4b7uh.jpg
Because I couldn't continue the first one, I started on the second. This one... eh, it's an inside joke... that's actually one of my guy characters turned into a girl and forced to become some kinda flower girl. A work in progress; I just started it today... and yeah, I didn't draw in the flowers for the bouquet yet, and the colors aren't finished at ALL.. and his/her hair is really flat... whatever.

[edit] changed the images to links; I forgot how big these things are.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:07 pm 
Combusken

I guess graphics count as art, since there have been such threads made before, so I thought I might post some of my graphic work. I just got started up again after a hiatus of probably over a year, so I'm a bit rusty.

I've been using random color schemes for inspiration, so they're pretty random. I don't think about what I plan on making before I make them, so if you want to ask me what one is about, I have no idea. xD

I'm thinking whether or not I should leave the one with the eagles on it blank... I usually like playing around with typography so it seems a bit empty to me... but who knows?

http://i32.tinypic.com/30calxv.jpg
Scheme: c8cdeb, ffd672

http://i29.tinypic.com/2me65is.jpg
Scheme: ff7b02, ffb909, ff2821, 12a8e2

http://i27.tinypic.com/29nttg8.jpg
Scheme: a8d055, 971658, 000000

Edit: Edited in the color schemes I started these off with, if anyone cares. xD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:30 am 
Combusken

http://i35.tinypic.com/24zws3a.jpg
Sorry if that's big. Just a sketch I did on lined paper (it's a lot smaller actual size, obviously) with pen.

[Edit] Made it a link. Too big. :v