It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:29 pm 
Gym Leader

Well, you know what this topic is about. I dump my art here, you comment on it, I get mad at all of you and yell into the sky, getting fined for disturbing the peace, I blame all of you and devote my life to destroying all of yours, etc. You all know the story.

Anyway, here's a early work. I drew this in third grade, one of the first drawings I felt proud of. Obvious anatomy errors are evident now.

Volgel(4):Magneduo- Gender: Male; Type: Electric, Flying; Abilities: Magnet Pull, Early Bird; Attacks: Tackle, Growl, Thundershock, Pursuit
Schwann(4):Bronzling- Gender: Female; Type: Steel, Psychic; Abilities: Levitate, Heatproof; Attacks: Wrap, Confusion, Growl, Hypnosis
Swapi (4):Larxy- Gender: Female; Type: Normal, Flying; Abilities: Natural Cure, Serene Grace; Attacks: Peck, Charm, Sing, Fury Attack
Zutodile (4):Hydra(SDC) - Gender: Female; Type: Water, Poison; Abilities: Inner Focus, Torrent; Attacks: Leech Life, Scratch, Supersonic, Water gun
IC as of 6/7/09: 737

Signature site, how original!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:57 pm 
Random Trainer

:-[====] THAT was from third grade? Dude! I couldn't draw that well in third grade!
I can't even get megaman robots to look right. dang helmets. How long did that take you to draw?

http://www.pokeplushies.com/feed/785421
ImageImageImageImageImage
Hyperion(4); Gender - Male; Abilities - Blaze, Keen Eye;Attacks - Leer, Tackle,Ember,Double Team;Holding - Nothing
Celsius(4) - Gender: Female; Type: Bug, Ice; Abilities: Shed Skin, Inner Focus; Attacks: Powder Snow, Protect,Double Team,Tackle
Cobra(4) - Gender: Female; Type: Water, Poison; Abilities: Shed Skin, Storm Drain; Attacks: Mud-Slap, Leer, Harden,Bite
Eric (2) - Gender: Male; Type: Psychic, Flying; Abilities: Trace, Keen Eye; Attacks: Growl, Gust, Sand-Attack
Bruce (3) - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Fighting; Abilities: Guts, Sand Veil; Attacks: Tackle, Poison Sting,Absorb, Helping Hand

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:25 pm 
Gym Leader

I'm going to go with somewhere between an hour or two. Anyway, that was, and still is, one of by best works. Here's an average work from that time.

An morbidly obese Laser Man

A thing:

Anyway, these are old works. Grade school old. I feel like going in a timeline to show how little I've improved. For example, you'll later find my lower body skills are horrible.

Volgel(4):Magneduo- Gender: Male; Type: Electric, Flying; Abilities: Magnet Pull, Early Bird; Attacks: Tackle, Growl, Thundershock, Pursuit
Schwann(4):Bronzling- Gender: Female; Type: Steel, Psychic; Abilities: Levitate, Heatproof; Attacks: Wrap, Confusion, Growl, Hypnosis
Swapi (4):Larxy- Gender: Female; Type: Normal, Flying; Abilities: Natural Cure, Serene Grace; Attacks: Peck, Charm, Sing, Fury Attack
Zutodile (4):Hydra(SDC) - Gender: Female; Type: Water, Poison; Abilities: Inner Focus, Torrent; Attacks: Leech Life, Scratch, Supersonic, Water gun

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:48 pm 
Gym Leader

Cool art.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:06 pm 
Gym Leader

Another oldish drawing from that time period. See if you can spot the pencil neck.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:34 pm 
Random Trainer

lazer man looks cool
"Thing" should rather be called Rhapsody or Spliceman or something if it's an original character.
as for spot the pencilneck....it could be a kid in a mini mech or something so he looks taller. Who knows whats under that robe.

Hyperion(4); Gender - Male; Abilities - Blaze, Keen Eye;Attacks - Leer, Tackle,Ember,Double Team;Holding - Nothing
Celsius(4) - Gender: Female; Type: Bug, Ice; Abilities: Shed Skin, Inner Focus; Attacks: Powder Snow, Protect,Double Team,Tackle
Cobra(4) - Gender: Female; Type: Water, Poison; Abilities: Shed Skin, Storm Drain; Attacks: Mud-Slap, Leer, Harden,Bite
Eric (2) - Gender: Male; Type: Psychic, Flying; Abilities: Trace, Keen Eye; Attacks: Growl, Gust, Sand-Attack
Bruce (3) - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Fighting; Abilities: Guts, Sand Veil; Attacks: Tackle, Poison Sting,Absorb, Helping Hand

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:53 pm 
Gym Leader

Another robe, of course!

I can't find some of my old drawings on Photobucket, so here's a doodle I made last year. (AP Insanity is going to be a site my and my friend are going to make this summer.)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:00 am 
Pokémon Legend

Wow....that is complete and total win.

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:23 pm 
Gym Leader

Hey, look! It's BFC and Saber! Oh, I forgot to mention that I can't draw females very well.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:31 pm 
Random Trainer

To be honest, Saber looks more like a little kid than a normal girl.

And the dancing taco, yeah....that was weird.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:26 pm 
Gym Leader

Yes. Weird. If by that you mean awesome. (In my world they're interchangeable.)

Swalectrode (Electric, Poison) Attacks: Yawn, Tackle, Sludge, Screech (Wins 5, Losses 0) Exp:30 Static&Liquid Ooze Status: Lost T.T

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:27 pm 
Gym Leader

Oh my, she's fourteen isn't she? I forgot how fourteen year olds look.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:09 pm 
Random Trainer

It's funny how I keep forgetting almost everyone here are young 'uns compared to me, that Saber and BFC pic made me laugh, good work! ;-)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:33 am 
Mew

Since you mentioned having trouble drawing females here's a tip. One of the best ways to practice drawing the human figure (male or female) is to get some photos of people in swimsuits or underwear (really anything small and possibly tight fighting) and use them as references for some drawings. It helps you get a feel for general body shape and muscle placement. For a very basic tip, girls typically have a bit of an hourglass shape (wide at the chest (though less than guys), narrower around the stomach, and wide again at the hips).

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:56 am 
Gym Leader

Liar!
nothing between me and Saber, jerk.

Last edited by Blue Fire Cyndaquil on Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.