It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:23 pm 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

I doubt it, honestly. I understand it's a pain, but there's really nothing to be done. Sorry.

And I was just asking what happened in a three-way tie. Which could only happen if you lost twice. I'm not saying it's likely that I'll win or anything. Don't be mad!

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Stevenson's Latin Phrase of the Week:

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:14 pm 
Mew

While I too prefer the games, recreating your team on Showdown is pretty quick and easy.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:00 am 
Articuno

Quote:
Don't be mad!

I'm not mad. I'm already on a low winning streak, so it just made me feel a little underestimated.

As I said, on Wednesday I'll try this showdown website and see if we can get out battle sorted on my Bfs PC, or I'll see if I can get it running on my kindle Fire HD. I can't really battle you on a work PC, and my home PC won't connect to the internet ATM, its playing up so I have to keep it offline. Every time it connects to the internet it tries to download updates and crashes.

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:11 pm 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

We had some very good games, but Shauni ultimately could not defeat the terrifying onslaught of skill link cloyster. Which has been the source of...all of my wins. Huh.

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:13 pm 
Articuno

lol, stevenson was right, I lost lol

he had a good team though, and showdown is a nice, if complicated website

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:34 pm 
Mew

Silver and I had three extremely close battles. I eked out the first win, he just managed to take the second by finishing off my Blaziken and Talonflame before brining Ferrothorn out. Final battle went back and forth for ages with no KOs due to lots of switching and whittling down. Finally I started to get some momentum and had what I thought was a decisive lead... Until the fact that all my remaining Pokémon were low on HP came back to bite me thanks to his Azumarill's Aqua Jet, which singlehandedly turned things around at the very end.

It looks like Silver is the PVF Pokémon champion! For now...

Final Standings:
Silver - 8 (4W, 0L)
Stevenson - 6 (3W, 1L)
Josiah - 4 (2W, 2L)
Puyon - 0 (0W, 4L)
Shauni - 2 (1W, 3L)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:11 pm 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

Ah, I suppose I'll have to settle for the silver to Silver, then. Congrats to Silver on getting the gold.

Well, that was an interesting line of text.

Now, I had a thought in terms of doing some more pokemon tournaments. Specifically, I wanted to organize a monthly tournament with different themes. For example, the first one I had in mind would be a tournament where our teams all had to share a type. I mean, all the pokemon on our individual teams had to share a type. It would be difficult to do a bunch of different teams for tournaments, so I'm not sure how to handle it (although Showdown is certainly an easy option for this sort of thing), and I think we should definitely definitely do one with the games when Alpha Saphire/Omega Ruby. What are the thoughts on making this a more frequent thing?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:18 am 
Mew

I'd be up for more frequent tournaments but yeah, unless we just used Showdown theme would be difficult due to the amount of training required.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:48 am 
Articuno

I'd be up for more battles but arranging to meet up for me with the time difference and crappy internet and lack of working PC if we used showdown would be a royal pain in the ass. I'd take part once in a while but not once a month. I'm up for OR/AS tournament, lets say a month after the game comes out to give time to team build lol

Go to ROM the Comic