It is currently Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pokémon X/Y
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:29 am 
Mew

Gen VI is coming! Not a lot of info, other than that they're making the switch to full 3D and have new starters. So, comments, speculations, etc?

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

Post subject: Re: Pokémon X/Y
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:56 am 
Articuno

OMG I love the look of the new fire fox starter and the graphics look great. its out October and from what I understand a same day release date around the world is due. I am really excited about this game and it was so unexpected so soon. I had a feeling it would be fully 3d after pokedex pro, but it looks like it will be cell shaded, so it will look more like the classic system. I'm really happy!

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:11 pm 
Pokémon Champion

Intresting so far. Lets just hope that they don't make the Fire a /Fighting again like the last 3 generations have.

English Trailer a video of it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:48 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Nintendo's really saved themselves a lot of grief by switching away from the color/stone name scheme! Now they don't have to keep coming up with titles like that. So, did anyone else notice that the bird dragon thing... is shaped like the letter Y? Once I realized that, I just...

Well anyway, as a spriter I'm obviously a bit disappointed. But... I really love the cell shading. I thought the models in Pokedex pro looked terrible and I was dreading the idea of a 3d Pokemon, but I can deal with this. It looks pretty good! I'm also really liking the Grass starter. Which is a shame. Because I always always ALWAYS go with Water... but... he looks kinda... derpy. Hopefully his later stages will be cool. I also have very high hopes that this Fire starter won't be fighting type! ...But I thought the same thing about Tepig... Don't disappoint me again, Nintendo!

And simultaneous worldwide release! Imagine that. Finally, we won't be spoiled everything six months before we get the game thanks to the Japanese! ...Oh wait, Corocoro still exists. Nevermind! We'll still be spoiled everything six months before we get the game!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:51 pm 
Mew

The 3D does look pretty good, and I like the fire starter. Much more dynamic looking battles too. I'm not entirely sold on the names, though I suppose they will carry the series through the next thirteen generations (or eight, if they start doing the third versions again. And hey, if they run out of ideas for legendary pokémon, they can just start using unown. What I couldn't tell from the trailer, and what I really hope they do, is update the sound effects.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:20 am 
Articuno

You will notice that the deer pokemon is the X in pokemon X as well. If you look at the logos the pokemon seem to be inspired by the letters. I bet it is X and Y due to points on a map/ graph. if you have X and Y you can work out a location or maybe its mathematical!. It'll have a deeper meaning than just the shapes of 2 pokemon

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:49 am 
Articuno

Its just been suggested it may be about gender or chromosomes, as in XX XY

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:08 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Oh, I know. I'm going with the theory that the names are for the points on a dimensional plane... because then when they add in the Z version there would be three dimensions and that works out waaaay too well when this is the first 3D Pokemon for that to be a coincidence. I just think the fact that the bird thing is actually shaped like the letter Y is really, really stupid. It looks completely ridiculous. With the Deer, there's little Xishness in its antlers, but the whole darn design isn't based around the letter!

I've also heard the chromosome theory and I think that's pretty dumb too. Because what, "Boys get Y version and girls get X version! Then when we release Z it's for people with Downs Syndrome." ...I'm sorry, but no.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:29 pm 
Mew

Knowing the Japanese, I wouldn't be too surprised if they just chose those letters because of their shape or sound...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:58 pm 
Egg

Location: In the computer in the banned Electric Soldier Porygon episode!
Well, I like how Firefox now has a Pokemon mascot. The codename for their mobile project is "Fennec", and now there's Fennekin! Oh, wait, Bulbapedia says "Fennekin may be a combination of fennec and kindle". I don't think we have the same fennec and kindle in mind though...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:45 am 
Articuno

Well, X and Y has a every foxy feel at the moment, which I LOVE as I love foxes.

Latest Gen 6 pokemon has been leaked on the internet, its and Eeveelution and its called Ninfia

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/N ... n_CoroCoro

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:27 am 
Shiny Pidgeot King

...Doesn't anyone else feel like this might be fake? Here's why:

1. The last info we got included game screenshots with 3D models for the new Pokemon. This one does not.
2. The artstyle looks off. It's not Sugimori's usual; it doesn't have the paintbrush effect he usually uses.
3. We got a LOT of fake Pokemon around this time last gen and the gen before, and they were almost always alternate forms or evolutions for existing Pokemon. Remember the Sky Form Shaymin fiasco? It happens like this: User posts imitation of magazine scan. One Pokemon news site reports it. All of the others copy it, because they have to stay up to date, and as soon as one of them pulls out the phrase "Corocoro", it's suddenly official.

I don't trust this one personally... I also don't like the design. And I can't WAIT to see how Eevee evolves into THIS one... that's assuming it's real, because fans would at least have the sense to create a new item for it. None of this "Learn this move and hold this item at night DERP" business.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:42 pm 
Mew

The magazine scan looks decent and includes a couple of screen shots. It's not obviously fake, at least, but I'll grant that the design looks kinda odd so it's possible. Either way, that issue of Corocoro should be in stores soon, which will clear things up.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:09 pm 
Pokémon Champion

It's an intresting design for sure. I've heard some speculate it'll be flying but I feel almost like it could be a fighting type instead.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:48 am 
Articuno

It looks legitimate to me, and both Bulbapedia and Serebi still have the images up now, I think if they were fake they would have found out by now, as these things have a 12 hour shelf life. I like the new Eeveelution, it could have been better but its still nice. I'm not sure about the tassels though. The fact there is a pokemon short about the eevee's and a picture with it an other evolutions, and a cover, is a bit much for a fakemon.

Go to ROM the Comic