PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:27 pm 
Egg

ok so i just beat bugsy in my crystal and so far my team is:
quilava lv 23:volcan
hoothoot lv 12:predetor
spinarak lv3:arach
geodude lv2:boulder
gastly lv 7:geist
im not sure what to do with the egg mr pokemon gives to you... because mr pokemons house has a name when u enter does that qualify it as a "route" and the egg would be the firs pokemon "encountered"? not sure. it has hatched and i named the togepi mirage.

Post subject: Re: Nuzlocke Challange
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:52 pm 
Pokémon Champion

Think in that case I don't think eggs will count to that rule. At least that would be my opinion and will stick to that if i come up that situation.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:08 pm 
Egg

so am i boxing it or training it?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:39 pm 
Pokémon Champion

Personally up to you if you include eggs hatching as event or non-event (and how you want to view event or not)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:42 am 
Egg

it fainted anyways so im gonna box it.

currently i am on the 8th gym and my team now consists of

typhlosion lv55:volcan
hoothoot lv14:predetor
growlithe lv13:flame
shuckle lv16:shelly
red gyarados lv31:serpent
suicune lv40:aurora

with this i am going to beat claire but i expect some of my pokemon to get KO'd which sucks because i really like all of them...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:23 pm 
Pokémon Champion

Well, desert pokemon are off the list of what i'll be catching. KO'd the first pokemon there, and was soo wanting a trapinch T_T

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:23 pm 
Egg

ok so ive beaten most of Kanto without any KO's i cant figure out how to get to cinnabar island, pewter city, viridian city, or pallet town... the path to cinnabar from fuschia has boulders and a snorlax is blocking diglett cave in vermillion... if i can find the poke flute ive had no luck so i could use some help in that department. :sweat:

cant give an update on my team i dont have my flash drive on me to start the emulator... :sweat:

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:17 am 
Shiny Pidgeot King

First time playing a second gen game? You need to get the Pokeflute channel on your Pokegear.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 2:50 pm 
Egg

it's not the first time, i just havent played a secon gen for about 4-5 years back when i had my GBA and Silver version that didnt save so i never really got that far anyways. but thanks for the help i appreciate it.

i have my flash drive this time and i havent made any progress since my last post so my team is the same
right now i have:
typhlosion/volcan: lv 70
hoothoot/predetor: lv 15
growlithe/flame: lv 13
red gyarados/serpent: lv 30
suicune/aurora: lv 52
larvitar from celedon game corner/tyrant: lv 40

i really need to train my hoothoot and growlithe but im afraid they'll faint while im in kanto and I dont have the EXP share which is another item i have no idea how to get either that or it's on my fainted togepi in my PC not sure :sweat:

also i have no idea how to get poke flute channel :sweat: but im sure i'll find out

and one last thing before i go:
i was challenged to a nuzlocke battle by my friend at school on my black in which we both do the nuzlocke challenge then battle each other with our end game teams. if pokemon faint in link battles do rules still apply or is that an exception?

and once again i appreciate all the help ive gotten from you all. thanks, and i hope you'll continue to put up with my ignorence ;-D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:20 pm 
Egg

I've been meaning to start one on my Platinum, but I can't find time. (Or the cartridge...)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:14 pm 
Egg

ok so i pretty much beat kanto with only volcan and aurora. i got permission to go to mt silver from oak and went there first thing. bad mistake. the only good thing was i caught a high lv graveller. when i reached red we battled (of course) and i remember his team from when i had my silver 8 years ago. pikachu went down with a flame wheel from volcan espeon the same, the snorlax took longer and i actually had to heal volcan but he want down. next came blastoise... he KOed predetor, flame, and serpent. i shall miss them. Aurora barely managed to take blastoise out with constant bubblebeams and aurora beams. when venusaur came out it was a simple matter of usiong flamethrower and he went down. then there was charizard... aurora was faster and had type advantage but charizard pulled a nasty flamethrower f*&^%*g critical hit! aurora went down and i finished charizard with a very painful (at least i think of it that way) flamethrower of my own from volcan. so i beat red and lost 2/3 of my team to do it! needless to say this had an impact on me. normally i form close bonds with my pokemon but this time was different. it's true that in the nuzlocke you form even more close bonds with your pokemon. i couldnt come to make myself box my fallen comrades forever for 3 days. and it doesnt help that ive visited everywhere in the regoin except whirl islands and tin tower so i cant get any more pokemon besides lugia and ho-oh. and i didnt catch many to begin with. i think i have maybe 4-5 pokemon left in my box to use.

i am proud to say i have completed the nuzlocke challenge on pokemon silver, but at the cost of my friends it was too great T_T OmO T_T OmO T_T OmO T_T OmO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:32 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Most people consider the nuzlocke "finished" once you've beaten the champion. You've beaten the game already - you don't need to worry about doing all the little stuff under the same rules. At this point, you're free to catch whatever you want and trade Pokemon around if you want to. No one's gonna say you cheated if you already beat Red...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:04 am 
Shiny Pidgeot King

I picked up Heart Gold when Gamestop was doing its buy 2 get 1 and just started a nuzlocke on it. I just beat Falkner earlier and so far it's... been pretty embarrassing actually. I raised my Cyndaquil up real good early on, and... KO'd the Geodude I ran into on route 46. On that route before Violet City, I ran into a Ratatta, and caught her! Buuut she got crit'd in her first battle. I caught a Geodude in Dark Cave and I still have him, and the Ratatta I caught in Sprout Tower.Then in the route after violet city, I ran into a Wooper, and crit'd her to death... I've overleveled my three guys like crazy because I can't afford to lose even one of them, but now they just KO everything we run into with one shot...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:23 pm 
Mew

I'll note that you actually have a fairly decent chance of catching a lot of pokémon at full HP if you just chuck a pokéball a them. Works best with appropriate special balls or, if you don't have one, ultra balls.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:37 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

I know... I've only got Pokeballs so far, and I only had about four of them going into the Wooper battle. It escaped from the first one, so I figured I'd try to weaken it a little, and it died... I forgot I had used most of the ones I bought on that darn Ratatta in Sprout Tower (which I caught at full health because level 3).