It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:46 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

Um. Apparently this has been floating around, and I'm not sure if it's been addressed here yet, but Black and White are getting a direct sequel game?
I'm... just going ask if anyone else can confirm this, really. And if so, discuss?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:59 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Looks totally fake. Rumors are saying that it's actually the third game in the set (which they promised they wouldn't do) and that it'll be released this June, which is pretty short notice for how they usually handle this stuff. Under normal circumstances, I would bet my life that a rumor like this is totally fake.

...But the source is Pokemon Smash. All information I can find says it came right from Junichi Masuda. So... Yeah...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:48 pm 
Combusken

My first thought was that it was a clever fake as well, but I checked Bulbapedia and Serebii, and both seemed to have announced it as well. Bulbapedia also linked to the official US Pokemon website, and the web page automatically redirects to ad about Black and White 2. I'm inclined to believe that it's genuine.

EDIT: I just checked the official Japanese website as well. Looks like this is real.
I'm usually one of those people who adopts a pessimistic view whenever an announcement about a new game comes out and end up enjoying the games anyway, but I'm actually a bit interested this time. This is, after all, the first direct sequel in the main game series, rather than an expansion. I want to see how this is going to work out.

Last edited by Faustgy on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:07 pm 
Blaziken

And this is the point where I quit this series. Seriously, create a sequel in the same Gen, most likely not have much new Pokemon, AND split it in two.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:37 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Actually, as far as I can tell, it's just one game. Called "Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2". Doubt it'll have any new Pokemon at all, being set in the same region... I believe the only new designs we've seen are alternate forms, like how we got Origin Giratina in Platinum. It seems like it's going to be the "Pokemon Gray" they swore they wouldn't make, but they're getting around that by making it seem like a sequel... and hey, maybe it will be, technically. They can port over all the maps, sprites, and other content directly, but take out all the stuff with N and Gaycheez and give us some new story set after the events of B/W. Technically, that would be a sequel.

Also... DS. Not 3DS. Regular old DS. I'm having a hard time believing that to be honest. This is the point where I thought they'd start forcing everything onto it... if anything, I guess this confirms it'll be a sprited game.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:48 pm 
Pokémon Champion

Did some reading and they will have features built in that the 3DS will make use of, though they didn't say what.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:27 am 
Mew

This is the first I've heard of it. Though admittedly I've been too busy lately to do much more than read the stories on major game sites so all I can say is that nothing about this has shown up on them yet. That makes be a little suspicious but I could see them doing a Gray with a new storyline. Not sure why they'd bother with a new storyline but I was always sure there'd be a gray version eventually. And that'd also explain why it's not on the 3DS.

EDIT: It's offical. It's two games, coming out in Japan in June.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:34 am 
Gym Leader

From what I understand in regards to two games, is the main pokemon is Kuerem, but you get it in and alternate form (Kuerem/Reshiram or Kuerem/Zekrom, depending on which game you get). Unfortunatly thats all I know really.
Half half on it at the moment. Don't know enough.

That spikes you when you pick it up

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:44 am 
Combusken

According to Junichi Masuda, Kyurem/Zekrom is just called Black Kyurem and Kyurem/Reshiram is just called White Kyurem. ...Well, at least those would be easy to remember, I suppose...
What I'm hoping from these games is a bit of more backstory and a wrapping up of certain things. I guess it's safe to assume that the story behind Kyurem will be revealed and I can stop reading speculations about it. I would also like to know why Ghetsis had the orbs of the Creation Trio and decided to give them to the player character. I guess I'm also a bit curious about what becomes of N, but honestly, I thought Ghetsis was the more interesting character of the two. (Changed the font color just in case someone didn't finish the game and would rather not run into a spoiler, no matter how small it is.)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:46 am 
Blaziken

Hey guys, we found the English title logo

I'm honestly intrigued on how they're gonna do this. A direct sequel... hopefully B2/W2 will wrap up the loose ends from BW (Ghetsis and the Shadow Triad, for example). Are we getting new protags? Will the old ones show up? What are they gonna do to make this game a fresh Unova experience?

I've actually heard speculation (!!) that the Mistralton Airport should get some more use. I certainly wouldn't be disappointed to see Winona at all (after all, Jasmine cameo'd in DPPt, right?).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:10 pm 
Egg

I wonder if the sequels and Kyurem-combos are leading up a super-origin-form that combines all three of the trio? ;-D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:32 pm 
Mew

I'll admit that, at the moment, I've having a hard time feeling too excited about the new games. Though that might change when they release some more details. At the moment though, there probably won't be any full on new pokémon (just alternate forms) so the collection aspect is out (haven't quite finished my dex in Black yet, but I will before too long) and you'll probably mostly be revisiting old areas, so exploration isn't as exciting either. As for the story... While B/W has the best story of any main series set of Pokémon games, it's really not all that deep or engaging compared to most other RPGs so I'm not exactly dying for a continuation. When I want a good Pokémon story, I turn to the Pokémon Adventures manga, not the games. But, like I said, they've still got time to announce some new feature that will peak my interest so we'll see what happens.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:31 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

I cannot wait for this game! I have been semi-following this, and this has offically make me want Pokemon again! I kinda have been playing on and off rec ently, but when this is released, I am buying and playing it ASAP!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:28 pm 
Egg

if this is real i would definitely like to check it out. i was a big fan of the original b/w and i would really like to know what exactly happened to N. and a question about the original b/w is ghetsus the seventh sage or is the seventh sage hidden away in some remote area only accesable to an event pokemon? and id ghetsus IS the seventh sage, where is the CHEESE!! (ghetsus just in case the reference wasnt clear)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:24 pm 
Blaziken

Confirmed new names: Sparkling Blue Black Kyurem and Burning Red White Kyurem

Why?