It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:19 pm 
Gym Leader

o.o you lie >.< The only shiny I have ever found, without cheats, was a shiny machop in the cave 5 steps from the pokemon league (training) on FireRed (I still have it too), other than that, out of the hundreds of times I've played the entire pokemon series, I have not found a shiny >>'.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:33 pm 
Mew

Like I said, I've only ever run into two. The odds of running into one are extremely low so it's all a matter of luck.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:40 pm 
Gym Leader

I had a pokemon guide book, for gold and silver I think it was, and it said the chances were something like... 1 in 8192 or something, I don't remember, I had to look it up XD.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:50 am 
Pokémon Master

Well, it's 4 shinies in...

2 playthroughs of Crystal
3 playthroughs of LeafGreen (Playthrough 3 - shiny poliwag while fishing)
1 playthrough of FireRed (complete pokedex)
4 playthroughs of Emerald
2 playthroughs of Ruby
2 playthroughs of Pearl (Playthrough 1 - Shiny Ariados - route 299)
2 playthroughs of Diamond
1 playthrough of Platinum
1 playthrough of HeartGold (Gligar - Route 35, Hatching Shiny Squirtle in Goldenrod)

My tunes :-)

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:58 am 
Gym Leader

I've gotten 1 shiny out of:

7~ish times playing Red, Blue and Yellow (21 in all, about)
At least 20 times playing Silver, never had a Gold that would save (Have bought 3 of them >>)
About 3 times in Crystal
About 20 times R/S/E all added together
Once each in Firered and Leafgeen (Shiny Machop in Firered while training in the League cave)
About 5 times in D/P
And only one time Platinum
And still playing HeatGold...

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:06 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Let's see, my collection... I've got a Shiny Golem from Diamond, a Shiny Roselia from Ruby and a Shiny Illumise from Ruby. I came across a Shiny Spinarack in Emerald, but it was in teh Safari Zone. It fled before I could catch it. I also caught a Shiny Hoothoot in Crystal... I played just the first hour or so, even though my save battery was dead, and literaly the first Pokemon I came across after getting the Pokeballs was a Shiny Hoothoot. As soon as I shut off the game it was gone though. And that was in...

1 Playthough of Silver
3 Playthoughs of Gold
3 Playthroughs of Crystal
2 Playthroughs of Sapphire
4 Playthroughs of Ruby
1 Playthrough of LeafGreen
3 Playthroughs of FireRed
1 Playthrough of Emerald
1 Playthrough of Diamond
3 Playthroughs of Pearl
1 Playthrough of SoulSilver
And I was like half-way through Platinum when I got SoulSilver. Should finish that soon, shouldn't I?

In Ruby, I caught both of those shinies at the same time - Shiny Roselia, encountered a normal Roselia, and then a Shiny Illumise right afterward. Playthough 2, I think.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:24 pm 
Gym Leader

I think my games are faulty then >> Either that or I have horrible luck... But probably the second, I never have had luck on my side >>...

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:42 pm 
Mew

First off, NG, I'd like to point out that your playthroughs of R/B/Y don't count, since shinies weren't introduced until G/S.

Anyway, I've only gotten one game from each set (Red, Gold, Ruby, Leaf Green, Diamond, and Heart Gold) and only played through each one once (except HG, which I've barely started other than the pokéwalker). That said, each of my playthroughs has been long and comprehensive (I have a full pokédex and max battle team on all those games except HG, and will have one on HG once I get serious about playing it). I've spent anywhere from eighty something to a couple of hundred hours on each game. In all that time I've encountered two shinies (both Nidoran Males and both in the Safari Zone in Diamond within the span of about ten minutes), the rest I've gotten from trades. I also only caught Pokérus once (early on in Diamond), but I made sure to save some infectuous pokémon so I can pass it on to others whenever I want now.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:56 pm 
Gym Leader

Really? I didn't know that XD My bad.

Hmm... only playing a game... once... that's a new consept; Anywho, I caught pokerus in sapphire, infected all of my pokemon, it was pretty cool, then I somehow lost it, then I got it again in diamond, right before my first time battling the pokemon league, so yea...

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:10 pm 
Mew

Actaully, I replay a lot of games. When it comes to Pokémon though, after spending all the time and effort neccessary to fill my pokédex and get my battle team ready, I usually have no real desire to do so again, at least until the next set of games comes out.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:27 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Add one more to the list, I caught a Shiny Ursaring yesterday.

Colly's brother caught a Shiny yesterday, too. I do find it pretty entertaining that we both caught on on the same day... and his was... a Shiny Pidgey. Yeah, I get the Ursaring, he gets the Pidgey. Of course, right? But hey, we can trade...

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:56 pm 
Gym Leader

*Sigh* I guess I really do have horrible luck >> Oh well... Oh, guess what I saw at a pawn shop a few days ago, you guys will never believe this: An original gameboy! 1989, genuine, but I didn't know if it worked so my parents wouldn't let me buy it :( so when my dad goes to america next week, I'll have him buy pokemon Blue for me to try it and the guy said he'll hld it for me for a bit, great, isn't it?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:49 am 
Random Trainer

Okay, In Soul Silver, I can't seem to find Rock Climb. anyone know where it is?

http://www.pokeplushies.com/feed/785421
ImageImageImageImageImage
Hyperion(4); Gender - Male; Abilities - Blaze, Keen Eye;Attacks - Leer, Tackle,Ember,Double Team;Holding - Nothing
Celsius(4) - Gender: Female; Type: Bug, Ice; Abilities: Shed Skin, Inner Focus; Attacks: Powder Snow, Protect,Double Team,Tackle
Cobra(4) - Gender: Female; Type: Water, Poison; Abilities: Shed Skin, Storm Drain; Attacks: Mud-Slap, Leer, Harden,Bite
Eric (2) - Gender: Male; Type: Psychic, Flying; Abilities: Trace, Keen Eye; Attacks: Growl, Gust, Sand-Attack
Bruce (3) - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Fighting; Abilities: Guts, Sand Veil; Attacks: Tackle, Poison Sting,Absorb, Helping Hand

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:18 am 
Pokémon Master

Professor Oak gives it to you after you beat the 8th Kanto gym.

Trophy Case:
Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:43 am 
Random Trainer

So...

I completely missed the Enigma Stone event, due to being in CHINA and therefore completely out of NA WiFi range. >> Fausgty has the Wonder Card, however, since she was within the country and therefore had access to the event. Is there any way possible for us to transfer her Card over to my game and unlock the event there, or am I just Latias-less forever?

Meh Siggy Site
And another one because they decreased the number of allotted pages on free sites

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next