It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:05 am 
Pokémon Master

Dunno whether this topic is legal or not, heh. :sweat:

Basically, it's a Sandstorm team. The main attackers are Tyranitar and Cacturne. Weaville makes a good starter knowing Fake Out, Taunt, and Counter for heavy attackers. Salamence is meant for those powerful fighting types such as Lucario, Infernape, and Machamp. While Porygon2 and Hippowdon are walls, basically.

Weavile (Focus Sash)/ Hasty Nature
252 ATK/ 252 Spd/ 6 HP
- Fake Out
- Counter
- Ice Punch
- Taunt

Tyranitar (Leftovers)/ Jolly Nature
252 ATK/ 252 Spd/ 6 HP
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Salamence (Choice Scarf)/ Naughty Nature
252 Atk/ 228 Spd/ 28 Sp. atk
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor

Hippowdon (Leftovers)/ Impish Nature
28 Sp. Def/ 252 HP/ 228 Def
- Earthquake
- Ice fang
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off

Porygon2 (Leftovers)/ Calm Nature
252 Sp. Def/ 252 HP/ 6 Sp. Atk
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Ice Beam

Cacturne (BrightPowder)/ Adamant Nature
252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 6 HP
- Sucker Punch
- Focus Punch
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Trophy Case:
Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:28 pm 
Pokémon Champion

Well this topic is legal so you are safe :)

Anyway, I would not use Counter on Weavile. It's defence is too low to really be an effective counter pokemon. Granted if you use Focus Sash you will go from full to 1 hp on an attack that would normally ko you and then you can counter for a KO. But outside of that, counter not a good option. I've seen several places that suggest something like Brick Break or Night Slash.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:06 pm 
Pokémon Master

Neo Zanther wrote:
Well this topic is legal so you are safe :)

Anyway, I would not use Counter on Weavile. It's defence is too low to really be an effective counter pokemon. Granted if you use Focus Sash you will go from full to 1 hp on an attack that would normally ko you and then you can counter for a KO. But outside of that, counter not a good option. I've seen several places that suggest something like Brick Break or Night Slash.

That's true, but there's a good reason I made it Hasty. A high HP Pokemon with good attack such as Metagross or Swampert can attack Weavile, than uses Counter. 1HKO!!! XD

Trophy Case:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:55 pm 
Mew

I agree with Neo. Using Weavile to Counter seems too risky. Aside from that, I've really found power up moves like Sword Dance to be all that useful in a serious fight (it's usually more worthwhile to get an extra attack in). Substitute is iffy too, since it takes a good chunk of your HP and can be potentially destroyed with a single attack. As for your pokémon themselves...a good chunk of your team is weak to ice, which could prove to be problematic depending on what you're up against.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:48 pm 
Pokémon Master

Josiah wrote:
I agree with Neo. Using Weavile to Counter seems too risky. Aside from that, I've really found power up moves like Sword Dance to be all that useful in a serious fight (it's usually more worthwhile to get an extra attack in). Substitute is iffy too, since it takes a good chunk of your HP and can be potentially destroyed with a single attack. As for your pokémon themselves...a good chunk of your team is weak to ice, which could prove to be problematic depending on what you're up against.

Porygon2 is meant to take the hits from powerful Ice moves such as Ice Beam and Blizzard, a T-wave will than paralyze the foe. Hippowdon's high defence will probably survive about 3 Ice Punches or so. Weavile is also meant to commit suicide, but in beating about 1 or 2 pokemon, hehe.

Trophy Case:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:09 pm 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

I don't really like counter on Weaville; it doesn't have the HP to pull off counter well. That being said, my favorite Pokemon is Wobbuffet, so I'm a bit spoiled as far as counter goes.

In addition, this team as a little too many leftovers for my taste., and I don't really like sand stream because it ends up being more of a burden than a help in most cases.

That being said, it's a pretty solid team, as long as you don't run in to a fighting type.

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Stevenson's Latin Phrase of the Week:

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:48 am 
Pokémon Master

Stevenson wrote:
I don't really like counter on Weaville; it doesn't have the HP to pull off counter well. That being said, my favorite Pokemon is Wobbuffet, so I'm a bit spoiled as far as counter goes.

In addition, this team as a little too many leftovers for my taste., and I don't really like sand stream because it ends up being more of a burden than a help in most cases.

That being said, it's a pretty solid team, as long as you don't run in to a fighting type.

If I had the choice, I'd wanna use Wobbuffet rather than Weavile. Sadly, Smogon tells me it's uber and it's banned in most tournaments. :-(

Trophy Case:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:33 pm 
Mew

Actually, if you want to use this as a tournament team, you'll need to change your hold items. Quite a lot of tournaments have a rule that prevents you from using the same hold item on more than one pokémon. So you'll have to get rid of all those Leftovers except one.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:52 pm 
Pokémon Master

Josiah wrote:
Actually, if you want to use this as a tournament team, you'll need to change your hold items. Quite a lot of tournaments have a rule that prevents you from using the same hold item on more than one pokémon. So you'll have to get rid of all those Leftovers except one.

Depending on what kind of tournament. In the unofficial standard tournaments in Smogon/Serebii/Marriland they allow you to have as many of any item as you want. It's the certain Pokemon that's banned.

In Official Nintendo tournaments, however, there is an Item clause and only a few picked legendaries along with Tyranitar and Dragonite are banned.

Trophy Case:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:46 pm 
Mew

Note that I said "quite a lot of tournaments", not "all tournaments".

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:50 pm 
Pokémon Master

Josiah wrote:
Note that I said "quite a lot of tournaments", not "all tournaments".

I know I know, but I was only mentioning the different kinds of tournaments.

Trophy Case:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]