It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:04 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

I'm so proud of myself. I can name all the First Generation Pokemon in 9 minutes and 33 seconds.

How about you?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:58 pm 
Mew

I got stuck since I couldn't remember how to spell some of their names correctly. -.-

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:09 pm 
Egg

Do we have to have the names on the right number? XD

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:42 pm 
Mew

You just type in the correct name and it'll stick it in the correctly numbered slot, so no need to worry about the numbers. Some of the names are spelled very strangely though, which is what tripped me up.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:53 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

The only one that got me... was Exeggutor. It took me like three tries to realize that, although Exeggcute has a c, Exeggutor doesn't. And the placement of that h in Kangaskhan confused me a bit. It took me a few tries there. But I did it with 27 seconds to spare, because I'm awesome like that.

I can also name all flying types and all fire types. You'd figure something like Ghost would be easy since there are so few of them, but darn, I don't think of Shedinja and Giratina as Ghost types so they totally slipped my mind...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:26 pm 
Mew

Yeah, I couldn't get Kangaskhan or Venusaur spelled right...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:51 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Today, we're here to discuss the ridiculous Pokedex entries! First off, check out Colly's post in the Random Image Fight thread. Then read Deoxy's Ruby Version Pokedex Entry:

"The DNA of a space virus underwent a sudden mutation upon exposure to a laser beam and resulted in Deoxys. The crystalline organ on this Pokemon's chest appears to be its brain."

Also look at Porygon's and Porygon2's while you're at it. Xatu's is good for a laugh too.

Discuss.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:33 am 
Mew

That's a pretty cool image. Anyway, a lot of pokédex entries have always been pretty weird, both in terms of realism and just plain logic. Not to mention that the way pokémom look and behave in the games and anime is often highly inconsistant with their pokédex entries. While I'm somewhat curious as to how closely the English dex entries match the Japanese, my personal guess is that whoever writes them doesn't think much about the logicistics and just goes with the "hey, this sounds cool" approach.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:28 pm 
Pokémon Master

Yanmega is hot

My tunes :-)

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 6:07 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

So, I've been thinking lately... what the heck are TMs? I mean really... Josiah's theory in Pebble Version is one thing, but... in the games, they're discs. That attach to the Pokemon's face. In the Trading Card Game, they were like, boxes that Pokeballs went in. But mostly it's the games I'm thinking about here... how would that even work? Any ideas?

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:57 pm 
Pokémon Master

Pokemon are robots that download information of the CDs. Except for Beedrills, because they're cruel, heartless monsters.

My tunes :-)

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:12 pm 
Mew

My actual theory on TMs doesn't at all match how they work in Pebble Version (which was chosen cause it was a whole lot funnier). Basically, we already know that pokémon can be temporarily converted into data so they can be teleported, stored in PCs, and stored in pokéballs. So, when they're in data form, there's no reason why you couldn't change that data a bit to modify said pokémon. Of course, the data for any living thing would likely be ridiculously complex so screwing around with it to try to power up your pokémon would likely end badly. But just adding new data to teach the pokémon something new shouldn't (in theory) be all that hard. Kinda like how characters in The Matrix could have knowledge of martial arts, piloting, and the like instantly downloaded into their head. So my belief is that TMs are installation CDs of sorts that can interface with pokéballs to download the move data into the pokémon.

As for why you can't use TMs more than once... Well, I was going to say that the entire CD is converted to data and goes into the ball with the pokémon (since it doesn't look like pokéballs have CD-ROM drives built in), except that wouldn't work since HMs can be used unlimited times...so I'm just gonna say that whoever manufactures TMs either uses really low quality CDs or loads them up with a bunch of nasty DRM so they can only be used once.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:59 am 
Blaziken

I think that the TMs are actually DVDs showing the pokemon how to use the moves. Dunno why they're one-time use though, but it explains why they're discs.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19